• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,959

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
PA-21103331.jpg
Nice picture of him at your local club.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I think it makes sense. A player of his quality for £18m over 3 years, we cant find that anywhere else. Now we go for Partey and maybe a CB if we can sell enough!

Man’s best days are behind him. be very surprised if he can stay fit for a season

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Man’s best days are behind him. be very surprised if he can stay fit for a season

He's just had his best season for a while. Its our least important signing/position in terms of what we need so the window as a whole could still be great when you take our budget into account.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I think it makes sense. A player of his quality for £18m over 3 years, we cant find that anywhere else. Now we go for Partey and maybe a CB if we can sell enough!
Hasn't Luiz supposedly cost £24m for 1 season? If that's true I'd imagine Willian will cost a lot more over 3 seasons.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Very fair comment, I’m just convinced Ziyech can make it in the PL after watching him in his 4 games vs Sp**s and Chelsea. Ajax didn’t get the results they wanted, but he was the best player in all them games, it’s what made Chelsea buy him. I wish we signed him.

I like Ziyech and he did play well in those games. However, they are European games, at night with continental referees. Very different from an english refereed game during the day on a weekly basis. Think about the fixture congestion, look at the physical challenges Pepe dealt with, look at the pace of the league and the step up from the Dutch league to the Premier League. Its massive. Not saying he won't adapt, but he will need time. I think it will also be harder as I don't rate Lampard. He wont know how to develop the talent he has at his disposal, let alone make them gel.

In regards to Willian. I don't think Arteta has plans to move Auba to the cf position. What is the obsession with it? Is he not scoring enough? Could Wllian play as the 8?

That being said, if Arteta wants him I'm fine with it. He knows what he wants and how he wants to play.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Spot on, it's peanuts. Proven PL quality, arguably Chelsea's best player last season, rarely injured, at an age where he won't completely stifle Saka/Martinelli and fills a massive gap in the squad.

There is a reason Conte/Mourinho/Lampard all rate him highly, and that United/City/Barca are all (allegedly) interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom