• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Without a doubt, but definitely not at the expense of Pepe. I was always expecting him to play behind the striker and that we would move to 4 at the back with Pepe on the right. That idea looked great to me and it's fair to say this is a disappointment now.
I understand some people will not rate Pepe and some will not rate Willian, but it's more of a formation and setup issue than a specific player being in or out.
I thought he’d be moved into a central position as well and looking at how crap the midfield is, I think that would be the way to go now. As much as I’m a fan of Pepe skills, I don’t think he’s earned the right to start week in week out. I mean, you could chuck him in there and hope, but it could do more harm than good.

I can’t stand the 3–4–3 with Bellerin and AMN either side of the dross in the middle. It’s merely just a showcase of how **** our options are.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I thought he’d be moved into a central position as well and looking at how crap the midfield is, I think that would be the way to go now. As much as I’m a fan of Pepe skills, I don’t think he’s earned the right to start week in week out. I mean, you could chuck him in there and hope, but it could do more harm than good.
When Pepe is on, he can basically win the game on his own, something that Auba does more often on the opposite flank. The problem that we see is when Auba is having an off day, we have absolutely nothing in our attack. That's why I'd always have both of them on the pitch and throw something different at our opponent if one of them struggles.
Willian helps in a way that he is much more versatile than them, and can definitely help in both directions, but as you say, his position should be more central.
The only problem I see is that we don't have depth in quality, you lose one of them and the system is broken

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Pepe’s style of play suits the sub role of the two better at the moment, so until he starts showing more game sense, that’s where he’ll stay
How do you learn game sense without playing. Seems like we’re given up on someone who had 19 g/a in a debut season (and we can all agree there was a lot of room for improvement) for someone who isn’t going to get any better.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
How do you learn game sense without playing. Seems like we’re given up on someone who had 19 g/a in a debut season (and we can all agree there was a lot of room for improvement) for someone who isn’t going to get any better.
Coaching, training pitch and videos. I know it’s not exactly the same but you can’t risk results just to get one guy doing the right thing. It comes to the point where it’s sink or swim. We’re only 3 games in anyway! Bit early to write Pepe’s obituary. By all accounts Arteta likes him and I’m sure he’s trying to make it work. The shape of the team will evolve over the season I think and I’m sure Pepe will feature more

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Coaching, training pitch and videos. I know it’s not exactly the same but you can’t risk results just to get one guy doing the right thing. It comes to the point where it’s sink or swim. We’re only 3 games in anyway! Bit early to write Pepe’s obituary. By all accounts Arteta likes him and I’m sure he’s trying to make it work. The shape of the team will evolve over the season I think and I’m sure Pepe will feature more
Fair enough. Can always count on man for a dose of sensible.

Manberg

Predator
Willian was tracking back, working hard and defending all the time... except for Robertson’s goal. Kind of frustrating.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Fair enough. Can always count on man for a dose of sensible.
Mikel doesn’t care for subbing off Willian for Pepe as we’ve seen as well. So if anybody thought Pepe may be feeling like **** because Willian looks to have taken his place, he’d still able to watch Willian leave the pitch for him so I think that’s good management by Arteta.

Seeing that he is starting games at the moment I think the plan is twofold in signing Willian, first, he will serve as a role model for Nelson, Saka, and the rest of our boys.

But second I think he is here to light a fire under the ass of Pepe. So far it is not working and it feels a bit like a gamble by Arteta because as people say, Willian is 32 and he should be starting to accept a squad role, not being a starter at a club that strive to get top4.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Seeing that he is starting games at the moment I think the plan is twofold in signing Willian, first, he will serve as a role model for Nelson, Saka, and the rest of our boys.

But second I think he is here to light a fire under the ass of Pepe. So far it is not working and it feels a bit like a gamble by Arteta because as people say, Willian is 32 and he should be starting to accept a squad role, not being a starter at a club that strive to get top4.
Because he’s just turned 32, or because his form has shown he’s over the hill? He’s just had his best season for Chelsea. He’s here as a player first, on merit. He can be a mentor too but he’s here to play football.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
:lol: All glory be to Greggs breakfast baguette (just the omelette, brown sauce, no sausage) and a large Americano :drool:

Man I got that once and was shocked at how delicious it is, it's like a simple omelette in baguette with some ketchup and was better than every breakfast I've bought. Ended up buying it every morning but now I have a smoothie.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Man I got that once and was shocked at how delicious it is, it's like a simple omelette in baguette with some ketchup and was better than every breakfast I've bought. Ended up buying it every morning but now I have a smoothie.
I feel too much guilt when I eat bog standard sausages because I know they aint good for you, but they’re so nice ffs. Yeah just a omelette in the bread with sauce is enough for me. Holloway Road Greggs is always quiet and pleasant as well.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

:lol: All glory be to Greggs breakfast baguette (just the omelette, brown sauce, no sausage) and a large Americano :drool:
I live like 2 mins walk from one as well, need to abuse that **** more.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I live like 2 mins walk from one as well, need to abuse that **** more.
Don’t underestimate the test of will that it represents. Think as healthy as you can, get the goods in your head and don’t look through the glass display cabinet when you’re ordering. You’ll be okay if you do this. Good luck sir.

OSBK

Established Member
I am still bemused why we signed him. Very average pl stats, above average player but never seen him run a game.

Top Bottom