• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’m not opposed to him being an option but I am disappointed Arteta seems to be leaning on him heavily.
This guy is tired and uninspiring. Hopefully one of our younger options seizes the opportunity to give Arteta no choice and force him out the side.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I'm tired of the mentor talk with Willian. I feel like we've been down this same road with Cech, Mertesacker (Fa cup final notwithstanding was finished for two years before he retired), Luiz and Flamini.

If a player isn't good enough, and this is Arsenal so everyone is going to get games because of injuries, and he is costing us points, then I really don't care how good he is in the dressing room. We always talk about intangibles that never seem to bare fruit on the pitch.

What sort of message does it even send, when we have players talking a good game on the training pitch then the youngsters have to watch them stink up the joint every other Saturday afternoon?

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I'm tired of the mentor talk with Willian. I feel like we've been down this same road with Cech, Mertesacker (Fa cup final notwithstanding was finished for two years before he retired), Luiz and Flamini.

If a player isn't good enough, and this is Arsenal so everyone is going to get games because of injuries, and he is costing us points, then I really don't care how good he is in the dressing room. We always talk about intangibles that never seem to bare fruit on the pitch.

What sort of message does it even send, when we have players talking a good game on the training pitch then the youngsters have to watch them stink up the joint every other Saturday afternoon?

dont forget Lichsteiner.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You only hear the mentor/dressing room/influence talk when the player is crap.

Don’t hear it about players who are performing, funny that.
So true.

Why does nobody call Cr7 or Messi a great mentor to the younger players?:lol:

I think the only time you make allowances for that is with defenders and even that is a stretch.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I have definitely heard the dressing room mentor thing applying to good players...Adams and Keown was massive for Vieira back in 1996, like Paddy himself was for Cesc in 2004.

I doubt Willian is going to be a good mentor really, Saka should benefit for shadowing him for a year though, peak Willian is what I would like Saka to become.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Ask any Chelsea fan and they'll tell you Willian can be the best player on the pitch one game and the worst the next. At 32 the bad games will probably stack up more than when he was in his prime too, this for another 3 years as well.

What puzzles me is why are making the old man run up and down the wing, just use Nelson

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Another player we will struggle to sell in the future transfer windows while he doesn't play and gets the paycheck.

Last edited:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Willian was always a transitional player, much like any player we sign over 28/29 years of age.

His movement off the ball and ideas are evident, his connection and cohesion not. He has the skill to adapt and I back him to.

Good signing for our current situation.

Kav

Established Member
I have definitely heard the dressing room mentor thing applying to good players...Adams and Keown was massive for Vieira back in 1996, like Paddy himself was for Cesc in 2004.

I doubt Willian is going to be a good mentor really, Saka should benefit for shadowing him for a year though, peak Willian is what I would like Saka to become.
Interesting point you raised as their games are very similar. Willian’s decision making is elite and Saka is growing in a similar vein. He should learn from the Brazilian as much as possible. He should also watch other wingers like Gnabry, Sane, Saint Maximin, Sterling, and copy elements of their game.

Saka has such high potential not because of his skills per se but because of his mentality. It will take him very far.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Didn't do enough again today and these are the type of games you'd expect him to perform in.

Top Bottom