• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Untitled.jpg

Imagine having an "obsession" with this guy

Is Willian the first player Arteta specifically asked for, that was then signed?

Maybe that could explain his loyalty towards him to some degree...it will still be what will get Mikel sacked if he doesn't start dropping him though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Is Willian the first player Arteta specifically asked for, that was then signed?

Maybe that could explain his loyalty towards him to some degree...it will still be what will get Mikel sacked if he doesn't start dropping him though.
Mikel isn’t getting sacked unless we get relegated.

Manberg

Predator

Arteta never asked for Willian. Willian was a Raul/Kia signing. It was put to Arteta and he agreed to it. Simply due to a lack of funds to buy the players he actually wants.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Arteta never asked for Willian. Willian was a Raul/Kia signing. It was put to Arteta and he agreed to it. Simply due to a lack of funds to buy the players he actually wants.
You’d think he would expect more from him to play then wouldn’t you. If he gets anywhere near the starting XI for the next few PL games after that performance than I give up ffs.

Moah

You’d think he would expect more from him to play then wouldn’t you. If he gets anywhere near the starting XI for the next few PL games after that performance than I give up ffs.
No, Willian should be starting games until Arteta fixes his system. If anyone should be sacrificed for this **** we play now, it should be Willian.
l

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
It's great not buying Ziyech for cheap but we gave Willian a big contract who is finished.

Malky

Established Member
Can only hope that whatever MLS club was offering the big wages will come back in for him and give us a small transfer fee.
This has been a trainwreck of a signing.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Not one of our attackers looks great at the moment. Willian hasn't done anything meaningful for us yet but let's refrain from writing off the guy before we see a functional attacking system.

William's strenght have always been combining with fellow attackers with short precise passes, giving through passes and getting off shots at a regular rate. Right now he is isolated at the wing. No attacker near him to exchange passes with because we insist on fielding 5 defenders. He can't even try to find his centre forward because half the time he has also been sacrificed and deployed almost as a defender.

Bergkamp1988

The system doesn't give much chance for anyone to shine especially the attacking players who aren't fed much good balls and don't have anyone.in midfield to play combinations with

RacingPhoton

Established Member
That's me being bashed for calling out this stupid transfer even before it happened:
https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/willian.34205/page-124#post-5156610
Why would people expect a player who is in potentially his last contract of his career and chose Arsenal only because he wants to stay in London, to perform well for us? We have burnt our fingers with Cech before. And still some posters felt Willian will be different.

Motivation is important for any player we recruit. The days when players played for pride are long gone. Most players play for huge contracts. Unless we have a player who is already in our squad, there is absolutely no point in giving that final contract to players. For them it is not a contract, it's just a retirement plan.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
I understand he played very good in our first match against Fulham, he played as a good CAM and also RW. But, when I see how he played during the last 5 games I understood why Chelsea didn't want him anymore, his pace is slow, he can't do anything with the ball and also all the chances he always chose the worst option.

Pepe is quite good, I understand he is not constant when he plays but now he's unhappy because he is seeing how Willian is playing and he doesn't deserve to play yet... That's the reason because Pepe is disappointed. I guess Arteta knows that and he wants that Pepe comes back again to his level and playing how he knows.

Despite all, Willian is a good substitute player when the rival is tired. With his 5-6 runs to get away and getting something else to the team playing the last 25-30 minutes but just that

GDeep™

League is very weak
3 years of Benjamin Button, he’s going to keep getting better and better. Buckle in and enjoy the ride, Joga Bonito is here.

scytheavatar

Established Member
i swear every time i watched chelsea Willian was more active in final 3rd and he is very good set piece taker even alot of chelsea fans surprised by his s**ty performance lately. can we just stay away from aging PL players?

Why did you think people in Chelsea refused to give him anything more than 2 years in his new contract? At his age you should be more surprised if he doesn't decline. Same thing can be said about Auba which is why it was always going to be a bad idea to give him a fat new contract.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/wi...view-exclusive-chelsea-barcelona-mikel-arteta

Willian was heavily linked with a move to Barcelona before joining the Gunners, but he explained that no concrete interest ever came from the Spanish side.

“There are always rumours, but I didn’t know about any other official offer,” he says.

“Indeed, there was a lot of talk about Barcelona for the past few seasons, but I wouldn’t have gone there just because they’re Barça.

“I wouldn’t go to any club without hearing about their targets and what they wanted from me.

“It wouldn’t be nice to be there or anywhere else if you weren’t going to be a big part of the project and didn’t play much.

"Arsenal were the only club to show me a project that would fit with my ambitions, and they’re one of the biggest clubs in the world.”

Latest posts

Top Bottom