• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

:frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'm saying from the beginning, he should play with Pepe next to him. He is tidy on the ball unlike Pepe, but Pepe gives us productivity Willian can't offer.
Why is Bumteta playing only one at a time is beyond me. Think Willian would be decent behind the striker with Pepe on the right.

Willian is really good on the ball and can keep it under pressure. With Partey-Ceballos behind him and Pepe on the right, think it would be our winning combination. How does Arteta always come up with Xhaka, Elneny and Pepe on the bench is a mystery to me

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Absolutely crap he seem came for money even Luiz show more effort than him. Not a single corner he played was good enough

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
I'm saying from the beginning, he should play with Pepe next to him. He is tidy on the ball unlike Pepe, but Pepe gives us productivity Willian can't offer.
Why is Bumteta playing only one at a time is beyond me. Think Willian would be decent behind the striker with Pepe on the right.

Willian is really good on the ball and can keep it under pressure. With Partey-Ceballos behind him and Pepe on the right, think it would be our winning combination. How does Arteta always come up with Xhaka, Elneny and Pepe on the bench is a mystery to me

It's baffling. The only time we played attacking fluid and through the mid was with Willian behind Auba and Pepe on the right (2nd half vs Sheffield) and we never saw it again.

Maybe too expresive for Arteta?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It's baffling. The only time we played attacking fluid and through the mid was with Willian behind Auba and Pepe on the right (2nd half vs Sheffield) and we never saw it again.

Maybe too expresive for Arteta?
Could be Arteta wants something different... It's definitely not ideal, but I don't see any other way how do we have all of our best players on the pitch.
I honestly don't see what Willian brings on the right that we need. We can't use crosses and Willian on the bench makes no sense either, he is still a good player.
Laca is OK in some aspects, but he does miss some things to be effective behind the striker, like his final ball.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Please let the rumours of him being unhappy and wanting to leave be true

Looks unhapy

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I saw this man and Elneny win a ball. Then this man stood with the ball while Elneny made space from himself. He stood and WAITED to be tackled. Then ended up giving away a throw. If this is experience I say play the kids

I remember that. He contributed nothing to any part of our game

Polar Bear

One of the worst signings we have ever made, he won't get any better too, he will only get worse, he is getting older and slower everyday

He has not got that acceleration that he used to have when he first joined Chelsea, so now when he dribbles and realizes he can't get past the man he just falls over on the floor. Sick and tired of it already!

Melquiades

It’s very difficult to be a winger in this sport when you have neither the pace nor the inclination to make runs at or behind defenders.

As a result he represents no threat whatsoever. A guy out for a jog who is easily closed off by defenders and ends up going backward more than forward because he can’t create time and space for himself.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
It’s very difficult to be a winger in this sport when you have neither the pace nor the inclination to make runs at or behind defenders.

As a result he represents no threat whatsoever. A guy out for a jog who is easily closed off by defenders and ends up going backward more than forward because he can’t create time and space for himself.
Honestly I thought he would be played as a 10 when he was signed. I can't understand why he would be played on the wing when he clearly has lost pace.

akhil

He's a one trick pony isn't he? That one trick is going down hill too, he runs like he's running on sand.

Hell, Mikhi and Iwobi have more facets to their game.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I called this wrong. I started watching a lot chelsea matches post lock down last season as we were being linked and he was brilliant, he was or one of their best players so I welcomed the signing.

Apart from a very good debut Willian hasnt been anywhere near acceptable form wise. After learning Willian is 9m a year and highest paid player after Özil and PEA this has proven to be an atrocious deal so far.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I called this wrong. I started watching a lot chelsea matches post lock down last season as we were being linked and he was brilliant, he was or one of their best players so I welcomed the signing.

Apart from a very good debut Willian hasnt been anywhere near acceptable form wise. After learning Willian is 9m a year and highest paid player after Özil and PEA this has proven to be an atrocious deal so far.

My initial reaction to the rumour was it must be some sort of joke. Willian had been a Chelsea player for like 7 years and I only ever remembered him as a sort of 2nd tier player who ran hot and cold, plus he's old. Then I thought well his form was good and they're talking of a new central role for him, you trust their judgement. And it's like nah, the initial reaction was pretty spot on.

Like how much is Pedro on at Roma? I bet it's much less than what Willian's on here. I always considered Willian and Pedro to be basically the same thing at Chelsea. Hazard was the star, and Willian and Pedro sort of interchanged as the supporting act. Likewise how much is Mkhi on at Roma? Nowhere near Willian's wages I bet. Willian is that level, but on probably double the wages.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom