• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I still don't think he earning 200k if he does then Arteta edu has to go I'm sorry but this is corruption i don't know how kroenke even accepts this. This sort of things are making club where they are 15th.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I still don't think he earning 200k if he does then Arteta edu has to go I'm sorry but this is corruption i don't know how kroenke even accepts this. This sort of things are making club where they are 15th.

He's not earning 200k a week. He's on £9m a year, whats that a week? Not far off though.

remains

What a joke of a club we have become, continuously signing Chelsea’s ****ing pensioners and expecting them to perform. It is actually embarrassing.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

:frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:
I’m guessing this doesn’t include crosses? Cos there were a lot of those that got cut out.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It’s very difficult to be a winger in this sport when you have neither the pace nor the inclination to make runs at or behind defenders.

As a result he represents no threat whatsoever. A guy out for a jog who is easily closed off by defenders and ends up going backward more than forward because he can’t create time and space for himself.
Arteta heavily implied that Willian would be used in the middle or on the left wing.

Who in their right mind signs a 32 year old right footed player for the right wing. Genuinely awful signing.

I think there’s definitely a top 4 quality player in there, but not in this role, not in this team.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arteta heavily implied that Willian would be used in the middle or on the left wing.

Who in their right mind signs a 32 year old right footed player for the right wing. Genuinely awful signing.

I think there’s definitely a top 4 quality player in there, but not in this role, not in this team.
I fully expected him to be used centrally tbh.

He was still doing a job on the right at Chelsea in project restart, it was definitely worth a try and against Fulham it looked like we struck gold.

Then the false 9 experiment. A lot of you are wrong for letting Arteta get that one off btw I remember a lot of people on here losing their minds with Torreira at #10.

That one even made more sense and was en vogue at the time (Sarri with Kante). The boy just didn’t want to do it.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
I don’t think it’s a strange signing if you ignore the contract he was given. The idea was for short term solution for right winger but giving him 3 years contract probably is strange one.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I thought we’d regret this signing halfway though the deal, not halfway to the first Christmas...
this. I though he would be our best winger at least for this whole season. We might still see him improve.

But if he cannot do it against Burnley (admittedly he was decent in the game) I don't hold out much hope for him to turn it around against better teams.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Edu in his latest interview talking like Willy is a kid who needs time, he’s 32 ffs, in a few weeks we will be halfway through this season.

When signing him, Edu had said he’s somebody who will give us immediate impact.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I supported the signing at the time but for only a one year deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom