• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

novar

Didn't win us the game like last time but was crucial in helping us push on and having chances. Guessing we won't see past that shot attempt anyway

REWB

Was our best players after ESR/the CB's/PEPE. Not bad. Maybe he can improve when arteta has more time with him.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Thought he did well, apart from that terrible shot that he absolutely should have scored from. But overall quite good. I mean he still always looks and runs like he's just stubbed his toe, but I think that's just his vibe.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Certainly moving in the right direction in the last couple of games. Hopefully he gets back to his best.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Was decent today.

Think we all know his one chance was never going in confidence was zero and he didn’t even want to.

I hope he builds on this.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’m usually quite harsh on Willian as I didn’t want this mistake at the club but he done well today.

Credit where it’s due but I still don’t want him to start against Wolves.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Lets hope he can turn this around like David Luiz has. Glimpses of promise today.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Played decently today, but again without any productive it will be difficult to register the uptick in form. What I noticed over the last year is that there's no drop off in the physical side of his game due to age. He's just not been able to sync well with his teammates. That might change with some more time.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Willian is a strange one for me. He is badly out of form but is still a class player. Something doesn't seem right with him. People criticise him but seem to ignore he is currently joint top with ESR in season assists. His quality and experience suggests he should be doing much better though and I feel he will over the course of the season. He has been much better over the last two games.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Guys a seasoned pro at the end of his career and cant maintain his confidence....

What's the point? Gone for him now

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Had a solid game. All my mates were going crazy on the GC at half time that he was coming on for Martinelli but I thought it was a clever substitution. We were struggling to actually retain the ball in their half, all our joy in the first half was from counter attacking.

Them bringing on Martial made them more dangerous. Suddenly we had an extra runner into the box to worry about. It was no longer as safe to just soak up pressure in our own third. Willian helped us keep the ball in the second half, he linked up well with Cedric and Xhaka. Confidence wise I’m not surprised he didn’t bury that opportunity but at the same time I think it was going in if it wasn’t blocked so it wasn’t the worst attempt in the world.

He needs to slowly build up some form so we can see him come out of his shell and actually attempt some dribbles and ball carries. Thing is though, he’s gonna have to build that confidence/momentum from the bench because I don’t want him near the starting XI right now.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He was not that great yesterday simply because his first option is always to turn backwards, he is rarely interested in attacking with purpose.
It was better compared to what we've seen this season from him so I'll take it

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I don't understand the sentiment here. How was he good? He was just less bad than usual.

His first instinct is always to turn back and pass the the LB or Xhaka. I want a winger to take on defenders. He seems afraid to do that. Scuffed one of our biggest chances. Only useful contribution was the pass to Pepe at the edge of the box and even that take on seemed to be forced by a lack of options to turn back.

Dreadfully slow as well, moves around as if he has cement in his boots.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't understand the sentiment here. How was he good? He was just less bad than usual.

His first instinct is always to turn back and pass the the LB or Xhaka. I want a winger to take on defenders. He seems afraid to do that. Scuffed one of our biggest chances. Only useful contribution was the pass to Pepe at the edge of the box and even that take on seemed to be forced by a lack of options to turn back.

Dreadfully slow as well, moves around as if he has cement in his boots.
Obviously we have zero expectations on him. So doing two decent things are two things more than we expected. His legs are gone and he can’t take on anyone sadly

Top Bottom