• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Wouldn't say knee jerk, the guy was a consistent player for Chelsea, putting in similar performances. It's not unreasonable to think he can get back close to that level, and it certainly isn't to think he can show more than what he's shown so far. Of course we have to see it though.
It's not unreasonable that he can show more than he has based on his time at Chelsea, but based on his time with us he literally had one good game before last (his debut against Fulham). Even then the assists in those games weren't all that. He had a good corner kick and a decent but not astonishing diagonal pass to Auba who still had everything to do to convert. Decent free kick to be fair as well, but not that much from open play.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's not unreasonable that he can show more than he has based on his time at Chelsea, but based on his time with us he literally had one good game before last (his debut against Fulham). Even then the assists in those games weren't all that. He had a good corner kick and a decent but not astonishing diagonal pass to Auba who still had everything to do to convert. Decent free kick to be fair as well, but not that much from open play.

It's more the style of player he is for me. Right footer on the left that can keep the ball in the final third, which is important for us as Auba isn't the best at holding the ball. Also provides space for Tierney to run into which is a massive part of our game. It's not that I think he's been great here, he hasn't, but I feel his profile suits the team best on the left.

I thought he played really well against Leicester to be honest, very tidy on the ball, good set piece and a really clever assist for Pepe, you can't really ask for more. I'd play him against Burnley.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Didn’t watch but huge performance once again.

Buzzing he’s getting assists again. Key player.

All we do is win my man!

the best GIF by Music Choice

mirrorstare

Wonder how he ranks in terms of the players who earns us the most points. Reintroducing him when Laca lost form has been a rare wise decision from Arteta.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
An assist but really frustrating game he didn't offer much for Auba saka or Tierney.

Pop Tart

Established Member
He was ok had way worse performances. Was annoyed at one point then when he was spinning around more times the cellabos,in our own half taking ages to pass when Burnley players were pressing

jus2nang

Let's get it right, this was another uninspiring performance, but it just so happens that with loads of room he passed the ball 8 yards to Auba's feet and Auba did the rest.

He'll be credited with an assist but on the whole was as ineffective as usual.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I thought he was good enough but I would’ve started Pepe to be honest. Not one of those games where you can bemoan his inclusion , but Pepe is looking a different player these days whether off the bench or starting. It’s good that Willian is doing stuff too though.

mirrorstare

Our assist leader is ineffective and terrible, our top scorers have been called not good enough for Arsenal at multiple points this season

The guy leading the team into our worst position in 20+ years needs more trust in the process.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I hope that Willian appreciation club is sarcasm or I genuinely worry for the mental health of some of you all. At least I'm trolling half the time, what's your excuse?

Top Bottom