• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willy Boly

Anzac

Established Member
Shue said:
13 pace, 12 acceleration

Lol - I've just started a new game so his FM stats are currently hidden,
although his acceleration is shown as 14 but his 1st touch is only single figures, and his marking & tackling are also only just into double figures. That said if he's rated so highly then I'd expect those figures to have seriously improved when the new game is released - lol.

Invincible

Established Member
How about giving Bartley a chance as our 4th choice CB instead? The answer is not always in France Arsène! Give our home grown lads a go; especially someone like Bartley who did very well on loan. There's the added bonus of loyalty as well should he turn out to be mint, whereas this bloke would probably piss off to Citeh the moment he has a purple patch!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Invincible said:
How about giving Bartley a chance as our 4th choice CB instead? The answer is not always in France Arsène! Give our home grown lads a go; especially someone like Bartley who did very well on loan. There's the added bonus of loyalty as well should he turn out to be mint, whereas this bloke would probably piss off to Citeh the moment he has a purple patch!
Barley was awful for Rangers if he is the answer i want a new question.

musicmonkey

Established Member
Seems Djourou is on his way out if this is true, seems very much like a good replacement. Probably around/less than what we'd sell Djourou for, lower wages probably and coming from a team of low reputation and being young he can't really demand game time.

His stats make him a very typical Wenger signing, i read an article on how players like Vermaelen, Kos and Merte all had very high stats before we signed them so i think there might just be legs in this story.

iced22

AFAIK Bartley was frequently shunted out to RB or central midfield for Rangers, and predictably struggled. I didn't actually watch and confirm it myself, just going off what I heard from people.

musicmonkey

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
Miquel looks like he is good enough, anybody else agree?
Possibly, i wouldn't trust him for anything longer than a short stint in the starting eleven and you never quite know how much we might need him considering our injury record. I'm not sure what his potential ceiling is like to be honest, he really needs a loan for some competitive football in the Championship or higher for us to know.

If Djourou does go and this guy's price is what is quoted then there's really no harm in signing him in my opinion.

Also has a nice connection with Giroud too which could be valuable if the Theo - RVP partnership gets slit up.

Impact

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
Miquel looks like he is good enough, anybody else agree?

Considering our notorious defensive record, our fourth choice central defender will play a considerable amount of games. Whilst I believe Ignasi Miquel has the potential to be a good player. He is very much unproven and inexperienced at the top level. We would be much better served keeping Johann Djourou and letting Miquel go out on loan to prove himself to then come back to stake his claim for a place in the 2013/14 squad.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
say yes said:
tbh based on last season I'd rather Miquel start for us than Djourou.

season before Djourou was quality though, strange how football changes. I don't mind Djorou as 4th choice but if we could get anywhere 8m for him then yes sell. If we shore up our midfield i'd be happy enough with Song/Miquel as 4th choice.

Glovegun

Established Member
I don't want to sound like a bit of a dinosaur, but I think Miquel needs to bulk up. He's still quite willowy. Get him in the gym and hitting those weights. Good prospect though.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Miquel should go on loan to a Premier League or Championship team. He has a lot of potential, but I don't think he is at the point where he should be counted on regularly to perform for a team challenging for titles. As our fourth choice CB he wouldn't play regularly, but when he does we're still going to need to win matches. Give him a season on loan and then he will be ready to make the step up.

As for Boly, I haven't seen him play, but if he is one of the best defenders in Ligue 1 and we can get him at a knockdown price then I think we should go for it. Djourou could have been a big player for us, but he needs to move on if he wants to develop his career.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Glovegun said:
I don't want to sound like a bit of a dinosaur, but I think Miquel needs to bulk up. He's still quite willowy. Get him in the gym and hitting those weights. Good prospect though.

I agree with this. At the moment Miquel is too weak and he's not the quickest either. I just think central defenders are more imposing when they're big and stronger - Sol Campbell style!

Top Bottom