Willy Caballero

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by SiMamu, Jun 1, 2014.

1. SiMamu

SiMamu Part time Leeds fan

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-keen-willy-caballero---3632992#ixzz33OkoUkTl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z33OkoUkTl</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2. Brotherz

Brotherz New Member

I would be surprised if Arsène was willing to pay that kind if money on a 32 year old keeper.

3. Caz19

Caz19 New Member

Very good goalkeeper, and at 32 he will give us at least 3 more good seasons, and for all we know maybe even 8.

He's a tremendous shot stopper, last season vs Dortmund he basically single-handedly kept Malaga in the tie, and did that many times over the season when Malaga also beat Real Madrid and other big teams.

I don't know how good he is at collecting crosses and dominating his box though since that doesn't get tested as much in Spain, but the guy is big and strong so i'd imagine wouldn't have to much trouble.

4. Buhry

Buhry New Member

Used to be a bit of a talent on football manager back in 05

5. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

32 is young for a Gk. Hes more than decent too.

6. Hunta

Hunta NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Rock hard is Willy, great keeper.

7. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

I am all for it if he would cost less then suggested

8. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

It's looks Ospina will be our Backup goal keeper next season according to RMC and we can get him for free cuz his contracts ends this month.

9. Jaded

Jaded Active Member

More like the greatest goalkeeper in the whole wide world (don't mind the hyperbole, Malaguista speaking here). Seriously, if there's one player who are completely untouchable for Málaga this season, it would be Caballero. He has been that good. Without him, we would have been relegated.

As much I love Arsenal, please keep your hand off our Willy.

10. Hunta

Hunta NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Sorry mate but if Willy is available Gazidis will grab him with both hands.

11. cannonade

cannonade Well-Known Member

12. SiMamu

SiMamu Part time Leeds fan

13. trunks206

trunks206 New Member

:(

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-agree-transfer-willy-3820783" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ly-3820783</a>

Damn it, I would have loved him here but I felt he was way too good to want to come here and be second choice, but now it looks like he's willing to be #2 to Hart at City (If Hart gets back to what Hart does Willy might become the #1 after not to long).

14. Caz19

Caz19 New Member

Even in today's economy 10m is too much for a backup goalkeeper.

15. dbig

dbig Active Member

Some players are in it just for the money.

16. trunks206

trunks206 New Member

But 6m isnt imo for a keeper of Wily's quality. If he comes in a displaces Hart and he doesnt have potential tital costing ****ups like Hart did for Sterlings winner and it helps them City lift silverware well then that 4m is well worth it.

17. thedon5

thedon5 New Member

I think we'll see him starting for City before too long and it's likely that Willy knows that too. Surely Pellegrini would've explained to him he is fighting for the number 1 jersey and not just a back-up.

That, or he's in it for the money.

City love their competition and rotation and now they have that at GK as well.

18. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Got a feeling Pellegrini isn't too keen on Hart, hence that run Pantillimon got last year. If they had a decent back up, Hart may not have come back in last year.

19. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

Caballero will usurp Hart, mark my words.

20. alboots101

alboots101 Well-Known Member

Signed a three year deal for citeh.