• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willy Sagnol

Sammer

Established Member
Jkreffer said:
Sagnol won't happen. From what iv heard, hes a bit of an anelka type, which Wenger won't want again.

Where did you hear this? That really is a joke. The guy is a pure professional with a great attitude. Please give exact quotes, since "what I have heard" isn´t exactly a reliable source.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Sagnol would be a good signing. I think there is a decent chance of it happening but I don't think Lauren's going anywhere!

siddharth

voomboom said:
sagnol is an ageing left back

cant see the logic in paying anything for him.

Willy Sagnol is a right back and not a left back. I think you confused yourself with Bixente Lizarazu . :)

Secondly he is 27 yrs old same as trabelsi but i would take Trabelsi over Sagnol simply because Trabelsi is superior in all aspects.

voomboom

siddharth said:
voomboom said:
sagnol is an ageing left back

cant see the logic in paying anything for him.

Willy Sagnol is a right back and not a left back. I think you confused yourself with Bixente Lizarazu .

Secondly he is 27 yrs old same as trabelsi but i would take Trabelsi over Sagnol simply because Trabelsi is superior in all aspects.

Oh yeah, that sounds right, probably mixed them up 'cos I always used to buy both of them in champman3 and put them both at left back 'cos sagnol can play both sides.

KingReyes

Established Member
Sagnol would be a good choice if Trabelsi doesn't join. He's a classy fullback with plenty of European experience.

n_henry

I'd prefer Trabelsi, but he seems to have a bit of an attitude problem..

Sagnol would be good too. 6 mil?..

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
IMO 6 million is way too much for Sagnol considering unlike trabelsi, he will not go straight ahead of ralph in the pecking order.

nnaife

Sagnol is so slow and unenterprising on the counter attack. I'd try broker a deal with trabelsi instead.

Arnie

I don't rate him. can't get a decent place in the french squad because Gallas is always there.

calvinngai88

but Gallas don't excel at RB. when sagnol came in, france looks more lively there with some of his crosses and quality passes.

brianfrance

Established Member
Sagnol is quality. Would be a good choice by Arsène if Trabelsi doesn't join. But I still prefer Mendy. Young and soooo talented :( frustation.....

Adam

Established Member
Mendy would be my second choice too, behind Trabelsi. This Fathy may really surprise us though.

CMS

i doubt bayern munich would sell their best and actually ONLY true RB.

i think 10 mill. quid would bayern munich want at least, to let their defense star leave them.....

arsenal should get Philippe Mexes, that s some real great defender talent.....

nnaife

Not Sagnol he really does lacks pace, doesnt adqeuately support the right midfielder and does occasionally get beaten by a younger faster player.

There really does appear to be a shortage of quality experienced right backs in Europe, we desperately need another experienced defensive player but who also must be dynamic offensively.

I agree Mendy is a great young prospect but wenger is already gambling with so many youngsters.

I do have the feeling he is looking for someone experienced enough to solidify that rightback spot for this season's CL, and also possibly be comfortable playing central defence too.

Top Bottom