• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willy Sagnol

brianfrance

Established Member
Sigun, Trabelsi IMO :wink: But for me, anyone is really ahead of Mendy in my wish list; Just at the same level, like Trabelsi

Mexes is a pure Central defender; He can't play on the right; His ex teammate Boumsong (the new Rangers CB) is made on the Thuram 'mould. Can play both CB & RB. But I'm not a real fan of him.
And Mexes even if there're problems for his transfer, really wants to play for Roma (And there's a kind of respect there. Since I've heard of Mexes, he was 16, I also heard Roma interest. A so long interest is very pleasant for a player; that was clear in his head when he made the choice of his future team. He'll play for Roma!)

patrick42uk

Established Member
hasnt mexes to roma happened yet? i could have sworn i saw him on the scoresheet in one of their pre-season freindlies.

AFCG7

Established Member
Mexes is a ROma player yes...

I'd take Mendy but Wenger doesnt seem to be too interested in him

JGooner

Are we planning on buying anyone who isn't French? I could understand it if they had actually done anything in the last two international tournaments, but sheesh...

Weakerthan

patrick42uk said:
hasnt mexes to roma happened yet? i could have sworn i saw him on the scoresheet in one of their pre-season freindlies.

He played against Celtic OR Rangers. Can't remember who. Anyway, he wasn't officially signed then but the rules stated he could play in an friendly. I think he's finally signed on now though.

We have Hoyte, and unless he moves to a central role in the future, then we don't need another promising young right-back. I'm still hoping we get Trabelsi. I'd play Lauren over Sagnol - he's good but doesn't suit Arsenal's play at all.

CMS

Weakerthan said:
patrick42uk said:

He played against Celtic OR Rangers. Can't remember who. Anyway, he wasn't officially signed then but the rules stated he could play in an friendly. I think he's finally signed on now though.

We have Hoyte, and unless he moves to a central role in the future, then we don't need another promising young right-back. I'm still hoping we get Trabelsi. I'd play Lauren over Sagnol - he's good but doesn't suit Arsenal's play at all.

well even without knowing mexes, u can bet on it, what a great talent he is, since italy is the holy country of the greatest defenders....

italians don t do much else than defending anyway.......

brianfrance

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Yes mexes is already training with roma but his tranfer is not official as Auxerre wants more money than Roma offers. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at auxerre this season, or sold to MU (they did a 10M£ bid which auxerre seems to have agreed)

asajoseph

Established Member
Seems that Arsenal are one of the clubs interested in Bayern defender Willy Sagnol.

This report says both Arsenal and Manchester Utd are interested (from Sagnol's 'mouth'), although nominally elects the Mancs to be 'leading the chase'. Not quite sure why. Juve and Milan interested too, although it seems that Bayern Munich want to retain his services.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 526621.stm

Mark

Established Member
Really seems Wenger isn't happy with Lauren. Also makes me wonder why the hell we signed Eboue. :?

shariefoo

dosent Sagnol play as a Central Defender ??

Alot of Bayern Munich supporters say that he is really good..

I dont know why everyone is not happy with Lauren. Personally i think he is one of the best Right Backs.. I mean wasnt he chosen in the last years English League team of the season ??

And also he is very good when attacking..

patrick42uk

Established Member
its sepculation so i dont see how you can say he isnt happy with lauren. at the start of the season, wenger said lauren needed back up. we'v signed eboue and thats that.

AFCG7

Established Member
I reckon we should sign a right back and move Lauren to the right of midfield, restoring him to his natural position.

Wenger14

Established Member
Lauren Eboue Hoyte??? We don;t need another RB do we. Torue can play there as well. We need a CB.

dsurg

I actually think we do need a RB, think about it for a second AW wanted to sign Trabelsi and that fell through and then he wanted to sign Angulo and that also fell through....

So why are you so shocked he may want Sagnol ( who IMO is a very good right back)

Truth is I rate Lauren very highly but I dont think he is as good as we are aspiring to be ( best in Europe IMO) lets face it he is very far from being the best in his position in Europe. On the flip side we have Ash ( arguably best in the world) we also have Sol ( as at last season he was still rated as one of the best in Europe)....we all rate Senderos as one of the best young defenders in Europe and we also say Kolo is one of the best young defenders in England)

so to improve the side isnt a bad idea ( remember that AW didnt want to offer him a long deal)

AW is lookin at only players that can improve the side and are experienced and Sagnol fits the bill

Why was Eboue bought and what will happen to Hoyte? Back up.

If they were good enough now AW would have put them in the side....a la Cesc, Flamini

Mind you Sagnol can also play at CB....IMHO he'll be a great addition.

and free up Lauren to play in midfield and that can also prove a masterstroke as we may not urgently need a RM ( like we actually do now)

dsurg

I actually think we do need a RB, think about it for a second AW wanted to sign Trabelsi and that fell through and then he wanted to sign Angulo and that also fell through....

So why are you so shocked he may want Sagnol ( who IMO is a very good right back)

Truth is I rate Lauren very highly but I dont think he is as good as we are aspiring to be ( best in Europe IMO) lets face it he is very far from being the best in his position in Europe. On the flip side we have Ash ( arguably best in the world) we also have Sol ( as at last season he was still rated as one of the best in Europe)....we all rate Senderos as one of the best young defenders in Europe and we also say Kolo is one of the best young defenders in England)

so to improve the side isnt a bad idea ( remember that AW didnt want to offer him a long deal)

AW is lookin at only players that can improve the side and are experienced and Sagnol fits the bill

If they were good enough now AW would have put them in the side....a la Cesc, Flamini

and free up Lauren to play in midfield and that can also prove a masterstroke as we may not urgently need a RM ( like we actually do now)

dsurg

Latest posts

Top Bottom