• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilshere and Carroll are OUT of the England U-21

outlaw_member

Established Member
It's irrelevant what you chaps think. Most footballers prefer country over club, and that's all that matters. Fair play to Arsène though, that tracking system saved Wilshere.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
It's irrelevant what you chaps think. Most footballers prefer country over club, and that's all that matters.
You sure about that? You hear tons of players coming out and saying they're retiring from international football to focus on their club football. While it's a huge thing for Championship players and the like to play for their countries, I'm not sure the feeling is as strong at the highest club level.

Just ask Benni f****** McCarthy.

Mastadon

Established Member
Just noticed from Rons article that Busquets will be playing for Spain`s U21`s. I mean the guy played almost every minute of the 2010 World Cup and has played 44 games this season, not counting the next game in the CL Final and he will still be joining the U21`s. Does this look bad for him or does it make us look bad?

mo50

Established Member
As long as Wilshere gets a rest and doesn't go to this meaningless tournament I couldn't care less about what others think. After a long, tough first season he deserves the summer off. After what Pearce did to Walcott I despise him.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Mastadon said:
Just noticed from Rons article that Busquets will be playing for Spain`s U21`s. I mean the guy played almost every minute of the 2010 World Cup and has played 44 games this season, not counting the next game in the CL Final and he will still be joining the U21`s. Does this look bad for him or does it make us look bad?
Our guys could play 100 games in La Liga and still be fresher than after an EPL campaign.

Emma Lusa

This made me laugh:

It appears Arsenal have managed to use technology GPS (Global Positioning System) to produce results have revealed: That stats showed he (Wilshere) was in the “red zone”, warning about possible dangers if maintaining the current workload. Wilshere was instructed by the Arsenal medical team that "he was heading for an injury".

If our medical team are so advanced with the use of GPS that they can predict injuries why the f*** are half our first team squad always injured?

Perhaps our need to qualify for the CL had far more to do with Jack's very understandable change of mind ......

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Wilshere was possibly so close to getting injured then why did Arsène keep starting him, I'm glad he's not going to the Championships but if Wenger felt so strongly that Wilshere had been so over worked wouldn't it make sense to of given him less minutes towards the end of the season after we'd crashed out of everything.

I don't think that Samuel guy from Ron's link really gets just why we don't want Jack to go. At the end he says that we won't want Wilshere to go to the euros due to over-tiredness but the reason we don't want him to go this year is because it's ridiculous to be demoted to a lower level after you already establish yourself at the top. After another long season I'm sure Wilshere will probably we well over-played again but I'll still want him to go to the euros because that's the level he's at.

number_0

Established Member
Mastadon said:

Just because Busquets can do it, doesn't mean everyone else should.

Besides Busquets is an animal with an extra pair of lungs.

He also plays for barca so that comfortably boarders on the 'I don't care' zone.

Emma Lusa

Mastadon said:

Playing 90 minutes kick-about matches in La Liga doesn't compare to the PL, also he is surrounded by ten quality players and doesn't have to carry three or four team-mates. PL and La Liga there's just no comparison .....

Mastadon

Established Member
Do you not think thats its physically and mentally demanding for a young player to play in the first team at international level for the world champions and at club level for arguably the best team in the world?? Apart from the kick about Barca are also famous for their pressing when they dont have the ball. We have seen this first hand over the last coupld of years dont you think that is physically demanding?

Martens

Against top opposition yes, when they have to press often but not against the likes of what La Liga has to offer outside the top 3/4. Its usually the opposition doing the pressing and failing miserably at it.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Stuart Pearce on Sky Sports News:

"If Wilshere was so tired, then why didn't they (Arsenal) leave him out for a month, so he would be fit for the summer?"

What.The.****.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Start paying his wages and then you'll get a say in when Wilshere gets rested you caveman.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
THunter said:
Stuart Pearce on Sky Sports News:

"If Wilshere was so tired, then why didn't they (Arsenal) leave him out for a month, so he would be fit for the summer?"

What.The.****.

:lol:

This actually made me laugh out loud. Is he actually that stupid? I spose ManUre would leave Rooney out for a month to make sure he isn't injured/tired for next summers's tourney?

Mastadon

Established Member
And then Fabio complains about his players being tired after the 2-2 draw with Switzerland when Wilshere has played more games than most of the other English players this season.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom