• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilson Palacios

Status
Not open for further replies.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looks like Arsenal was just one of the stops where Palacios on trial. I can't see anything promising in this, and the quote on Wenger being happy might just what Wenger was being diplomatic. Thhe thing could be that Arsenal recored Palacio's performance and graded his prospect then left the case file in database. It could be just a routine.

asajoseph

Established Member
Well, check the Arsenal.com website for first news of whether or not Palacios has actually signed - after all, the website is more likely to have the story before the player's heard anything ;)

Rohit

Established Member
I don't think that article confirms anything other than the fact that he did have a trial with us. I don't expect his father to tell the journalist that Wenger wasn't pleased with his son and has decided not to buy him.

I still expect one signing, i can't see Wenger conducting this Eboue experiment any longer. Going by his team selection in the past two games, Wenger has put Eboue ahead of Walcott. We do need a winger and i think Wenger will buy one player atleast.

jay-d

Established Member
I know we are desperate for a right winger, but some unheard of Honduran, whos goal scoring recored even in a poor league is nothing write home about, no thanks Arsène. Sign someone established, pretty please!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
its not like eboue, toure, clichy was known in the past. trust Arsène, his talent spotting is 2nd to none

henry79

Rocafella said:
I'll take any signing in the shape of a winger at this point.

not this signing. I really dont think he would he give us what we need and his stats arent great either,why buy a right sided midfielder :roll: , we have hleb eboue and walcott who can all play there.

we need a left sided winger who can compete with rosicky.

Rocafella

Established Member
Nobody knows much about this guy. He good be very good. I'm not going to dismiss him because of where he plays.

Wenger14

Established Member
henry79 said:
Rocafella said:
I'll take any signing in the shape of a winger at this point.

not this signing. I really dont think he would he give us what we need and his stats arent great either,why buy a right sided midfielder :roll: , we have hleb eboue and walcott who can all play there.

we need a left sided winger who can compete with rosicky.
Cause Hleb is a lot more effective on the left than or the right. Leaving us with Rosicky/Hleb for the left wing and a right side of Walcott and Eboue which is far from adequate in all honesty.

Wenger14

Established Member
Got this from themaster's post in Topic Regulation.

themaster said:
I read the previous post about this player. I just wanted to make the following points.

Palacios played for the last 5 years in the Honduras' 1st Division. He made his debut at age 19, and became a starter in the best and most winningest team in Honduras, C.D. Olimpia (The Lions). Fans began to call him "The Nutty Car" because he will run all over the field and no one knew if those were his coach orders or if he just did it on his own. :)

However, the media called him "Harry Potter" because of his moves and almost magical passes at times. He was so impressive that he was moved from playing "right fullback" to "right winger" and at times, when needed he was used as a "creative midfielder".

He's always been labeled as a promising big time player...which he is in Honduras, but he needs to prove it at a much higher level of football. About a year and a half ago, scouts from Italian's clubs as well as some Mexican teams and ever River Plate of Argentina were interested in him according to Honduras's media. Those possible transfers failed due to economical differences among the clubs representatives. Olimpia's president says that he thinks Palacios is worth more than half a million which is what most teams interested in him had offer (due to the fact that he is not Brazilian or Argentinian or from a big time football country).

Palacios, just before landing this trial with Arsenal, went to Red Star of Belgrade and again, the teams did not come to an economical agreement... from there his agent found him a trial at Monaco FC (French 1st division)... but then they decided to sign a no name Brazilian instead.

Last year was his really off year, he was not as constant as he usually is... but then again he had a couple little injuries that probably held him back from his usual performances.

In my opinion Palacios would be a good addition to any team, I hope he can get a spot in Arsenal's already strong side. It will be hard for him to adjust to the English Premier... but I think that with a little patience from Wenger...Palacios can at least become an excellent option coming off the bench.

Palacios playing at his best is no less than Fabregas ( I mean that very sincerely). I hope this helps a little for those who couldn't find any info about him. And yes, he likes taking long distance shots very often... and sometimes he never let go of the ball... but that is in Honduras maybe because he knows that he is one of the best if not the best in Honduras 1st division. I doubt he will play like that in a different and much better league.

Thanks!

Rocafella

Established Member
Good of themaster to post some information about him. At least we know a little more about him now. I wonder though about all of these teams not being able to reach an agreement with his club or whether they just didn't think he was good enough.

Paddy from Sweden

It's kinda weird but I often feel more interested (and excited about the rumours) in a player like Palacios than those who are more "famous".

famous no 10

Established Member
Paddy from Sweden said:
It's kinda weird but I often feel more interested (and excited about the rumours) in a player like Palacios than those who are more "famous".

Yes.

That is weird.

jay-d

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
Paddy from Sweden said:

Yes.

That is weird.

LOL

My sentiments exactly. Give me Queresma any day over this dude who's name rhymes with the Latin for a blow job.

Paddy from Sweden

What's REALLY interesting in a player that the whole world knows about? Yes, Quaresma is a wonderful player but he'd also come with a ton of expectations from fans especially as the transfer would be quite hefty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom