• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilson Palacios

Status
Not open for further replies.

number_0

Established Member
entropy13 said:
tactica442 said:
Look these names:

Hleb from Belarus (71)
George Weah from Liberia (now ranked 121st)
Jari Litmannen from Finland (new ranked 41)
Gudjohsson from Iceland (109)

So how good is this Palacios from Honduras (63)?

Better than Gudjohnsen then.

heck, he is better than hleb

Rohit

Established Member
Won't believe it till i see it on Arsenal.com, but a loan deal would make a lot of sense.

Nutsy

Established Member
Asterix said:
asajoseph said:
I have a stinking hangover, and a few regrets about last night,

What was her name?

:wink: :D

Indeed there Asa, I'm a lil curious aswell. Otherwise, I'd ask the lil bird who saw you :p

back to the topic, I doubt we'll see this through until I'm proven wrong by Arsenal.com.

but this is coming from a very reliable link indeed.
Reports in the Honduran press stated that Palacios had gone missing during August 2007, and one article quoted his father as stating that he was actually in London, in a trial period with Premier League club Arsenal. It has been revealed that he is in fact close to signing for Arsenal, on a loan or on a transfer.

The Source

Would be a gpood signing if true though. The way that bloke smile reminds me a certain no.14 Captain though......

siddharth

I'm going to have a severe hangover if we sign this Palacios fella. Seriously if the money is there and wenger decides to sign players like these then he's really taking the piss.

maradona

Has to be another stitch up, name sounds just like Rodrigo Palacio we were 'linked' with earlier in summer.

Canuck

Established Member
Hey if Wenger finds a wide player that he likes (which means they're a hard worker and are technical enough to play to our passing) then he can go ahead and bring them in.
Especially if they're coming for less than 30million and won't be taking up 100,000k a week in wages...:roll:
The fact that he's an unknown is not a problem with me at this point. I had thought that Wenger was going to sign at least 1 more player before the window closes...but I was starting to sweat.
The squad is thin and I'm not going to be against adding another body in this case. Wouldn't expect him to come out of the blocks impressing, but sometimes a mediocre player comes into a team and finds his niche.

longrufus

Established Member
I have said for a while that we need another wide player simply because we dont have sufficient numbers to play the season without the likes of Denilson, Diaby and Flamini playing there.

I trust Wenger so if this guy comes in im sure he'll have the ability to contribute this season.

Another bonus is that if we do sign him, asa owes me a Guiness!

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
with robben now at real, they sure do have a lot of attack, would robinho leave, would Arsène pull off the transfer of the summer...we all know Arsène rates him very highly and made a bid for him
days are ticking but wilson palacios seems more likely(according to these timid rumours)

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
haha well mate, this is what we have sucumb too, celebrating a player we know f**k all about!!!! times are really hard but ill rather a curly wurly and a bag of nik naks

cheers

longrufus

Established Member
Would Robinho really be the right player for us at the minute?

If he came here i think he'd be used more wide in a 442, where we wouldnt really get the best from him. His best position is as a second striker but with Ade, RvP, Eduardo and Bendtner with Walcott and Vela coming through we seem strong up top (if anything need more of an out and out goalscorer than another creator). He could be used wide in a 433 but i cant see us changing tactics anytime soon. Oh well, if we end up signing him (highly highly unlikely) it'll be interesting to see where he plays.

asajoseph

Established Member
Well, I'll just have to hope that Palacios will be another Clichy, and not a Stefan Malz. But, if nothing else, I'll console myself that he at least plays right midfield - which is exactly what I think we need at the moment.

It'll take a lot to convince me that he was the best thing Wenger could possibly do for Arsenal this summer - but who knows.

asajoseph

Established Member
Not that I'll be p'd off with signing him or anything - just that this isn't what I had in mind when making this bet!

As a great man once said.... Doh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom