Wilson Palacios

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by M+D, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

I'm bringing it, 100% or bust.

2. asajoseph

asajoseph New Member Elite

I've read somewhere this evening that the 10 goals in 100 games stat for Palacios is wrong - apparently he's scored those 10 goals in 22 games this season.

Not sure how accurate that is though.

3. siddharth

siddharth New Member

I'm praying that this palacios thing is bollox. It's underwhelming to accept that the most wenger can do is sign a player who has been on trials all across europe. We know that we are short in numbers on the wing but it's also quality in which we lack depth. There are still 9 days to go so let's just wait and watch. Wenger recent comments about the players not existing and if they did , they are way overpriced is a stupid excuse. It's annoying and frustrating to read some of wenger's comments.

4. kooldawg

kooldawg New Member

Looks to me that we really are skint and that contrary to belief's teh bulk of the "trasnfer kitty" is probably reserve funds to be used to make the payments on the stadium in case we dont do well in the champions league, sort of a hedged bet against a possible bad run in Europe.

Thats the only explanation i can come up with. What happened to all the money we saved last season by not making a major move in January or the summer last year??

5. asajoseph

I'm hoping the Palacios thing happens.

Both because I believe Wenger is too much of an idealist to sign a player who he doesn't seriously think is good enough, and also because I think it's wrong to assume that if we don't sign Palacios the alternative will be Robinho, Quaresma, or someone like that.

6. kooldawg

kooldawg New Member

Wenger knows that he needs squad depth especially on the wings.

This Palacios deal might just happen.

7. tactica442

tactica442 Member Trusted

Good point.

Part of the money might have been used in Gallas' and Henry's new wages, I guess.

8. Pepe LeFrits

Pepe LeFrits New Member Elite

Is this guy Salpac Cygan's long lost cousin by any chance?

9. Paddy from Sweden

Paddy from Sweden New Member

The board has repeatedly said that the payment for the stadium and the transfer funds are not connected so for me the money that has been made on sales are available for purchases.

But if people wants to believe we're skint then fine. Just because AW doesn't splash cash don't necessarily mean the money's not there for him. He's an economic and I think that do show in his apporach to transfers.

10. Asterix

Asterix New Member Elite

Exactly Paddy - we're not skint - we spent 7.5m pounds on a right back for heaven's sake. We just have a manager who doesn't believe in paying ridiculous money for players, and would rather try to build up relatively, or completely, unknown players who still have what he, Wenger, wants for the team.

I ope the Palacios thing happens, but only because I trust Wenger to bring in players who will add something to the squad.

Except of course Stefan Malz - that made me laugh.

11. EMIR8_SOLDIER

EMIR8_SOLDIER New Member

best to keep your mouths shut for a lil minute because there is this slight feeling i have that this rumour is a wind up

12. Arsenal_FAN1983

Arsenal_FAN1983 New Member

Yess!!!!!! We have signed him...........

:lol: :lol:

13. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

So he's starting on Saturday, right?

14. Artillero

Artillero New Member

15. asajoseph

Good grief, Arsène must have a lot of time on his hands if he's busy scouting for Birmingham!

16. Rohit

Rohit New Member Elite

Its safe to lock this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.