• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

wiltord

Adam

Established Member
Sol said:
Oh dear. Some of you 'fans' are so spolied it is untrue. Another players who is not in the Henry, Pires, Vieira class etc labelled as crap etc etc. Show some respect!

Let me remind you of some things:

1) Obviously the goal at OT that won us the league
2) The cross for Pires to score against the **** at OT, class.
3) Two goals against Chelsea in the cup at Highbury to turn the game.
4) The first goal against Villa at Highbury to start our comeback - we won the game 3-2 thanks to his early goal.
5) His goals in last years run in - Bolton, Boro etc that would have won us the league again if we could have defended.

I could go on.

The guy was by no means perfect, but he did a job. He ran his nuts off in every game, and, whilst mostly playing out of positon scored some vital goals for us.

His time has now come to move on. He probably is no longer good enough to get in our team on current form, and with the emergence of Ali, Reyes, Bentley etc makes it likely he will leave. His goal scoring record for us is very respectable, and his international record of scoring something like 1 in 2 in over 50 caps is excellent.

Spot on Sol. Wiltord justified why he was brought here, but now it is time for him to move on. I as a fan, have no bitter feelings of him and appreciate what he has done for this club.

Piston Broke

I too Appreciate the fact that he's Robbing us of A sell On Fee He doesn't give toss about Arsenal why should you care about him

£13m was a joke Fee we deseve At least £5m Back but i would be glad just to see the Back of him

AFCG7

Established Member
I agree with Sol 100%..
But i also agree we should sell him, simply because with the arrival of Reyes, we wont need him.

Chips&CurrySauce

I agree with Sean Convey on this one. When we were linked with Wiltord I have to admit I was not overly impressed but I was hoping my judgement was wrong and that Wenger saw something in Wiltord that I hadn't. I based my views on what I had seen of Wiltord playing for France and I have to admit i was not particualry impressed and I was suprised by the transfer fee. No one is disputing he has scored important goals for us, but for gods sake he is a striker, its his job to score goals, whether they are important goals against big teams or against lesser teams! I don't think his overall goals scoring record is particularly great, this could be forgiven if his overall play was good but we all know how frustrating Wiltord is. Always drifting off-side, losing easy possession. As I've already said he did score some crucial goals for us but he also missed a fair few golden opportunities, one that sticks in my mind was a very easy chance against Valencia (I think) which he scuffed. He tends to scuff quite alot of his shots now I come to think of it. Wiltord will be on a free this Summer and we shall see if any top sides come in for him, I doubt it very much, I'm sure he'll find himself back in France. Don't get me wrong he is not a bad player but he does not suit our style of play at all and is simply not good enough for Europes top teams...

Adam you mention Pires, who was having a nightmare with Marseille, and Henry who was a Juventus sub, but it was obvious that these 2 players had great ability on the ball, I never saw this with Wiltord though. I'm sure Wenger would also admit that Wiltord was a mistake...

wiltord11

wiltord scored 13 goals last season mostly playing right midfield i think thats pretty decent he has scored alot of important gaols especially in the fa cup he contributes alot to our game i was watching the 2003 season on dvd and he allways plays a big part in our play so i wouldnt say he was a mistake cause hes scored like 48 or 49 goals for us which is great

AdamT

Chips&CurrySauce said:
I agree with Sean Convey on this one. When we were linked with Wiltord I have to admit I was not overly impressed but I was hoping my judgement was wrong and that Wenger saw something in Wiltord that I hadn't. I based my views on what I had seen of Wiltord playing for France and I have to admit i was not particualry impressed and I was suprised by the transfer fee. No one is disputing he has scored important goals for us, but for gods sake he is a striker, its his job to score goals, whether they are important goals against big teams or against lesser teams! I don't think his overall goals scoring record is particularly great, this could be forgiven if his overall play was good but we all know how frustrating Wiltord is. Always drifting off-side, losing easy possession. As I've already said he did score some crucial goals for us but he also missed a fair few golden opportunities, one that sticks in my mind was a very easy chance against Valencia (I think) which he scuffed. He tends to scuff quite alot of his shots now I come to think of it. Wiltord will be on a free this Summer and we shall see if any top sides come in for him, I doubt it very much, I'm sure he'll find himself back in France. Don't get me wrong he is not a bad player but he does not suit our style of play at all and is simply not good enough for Europes top teams...

Adam you mention Pires, who was having a nightmare with Marseille, and Henry who was a Juventus sub, but it was obvious that these 2 players had great ability on the ball, I never saw this with Wiltord though. I'm sure Wenger would also admit that Wiltord was a mistake...

totally agree with this.

when the guy first came i was expecting quality.my brother and all my mates were all saying "he is crap" after watching him play a few games for us.i gave him the benefit of the doubt, expecting improvement a la henry,pires etc. told everyone that players need time to settle, give him a chance.

but i was so shocked his first game at his control, the ball bounces a metre off his boot when he tries to control a pass! he was always offside in stupid situations when he would have been away if only he'd held back. how hard is it to look down the line- he's meant to be a pro for heavens sake!

and he never improved, i can't believe anyone can defend him, it's like he didn't care. Thank christ he's leaving!!!!!!1 :D :D

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom