• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win the Europa or get a new manager

Would you rather win the Europa, or get a new manager?

• Win the Europa

Votes: 41 54.7%
  • New manager

Votes: 34 45.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Win Europa and send Wenger packing on a "high". Pretty sad the levels he has fallen to end his career. He absolutely cannot stay on for another season. I will not watch a game if he's back next season until he's gone.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
That f*cked me off so much actually this year. Missed the Red Star game I think because I assumed it started at 745 and worked through it.
Just realised some CL games will kick off at 17:55 next season so it doesn't actually matter :lol:

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Win Europa and send Wenger packing on a "high". Pretty sad the levels he has fallen to end his career. He absolutely cannot stay on for another season. I will not watch a game if he's back next season until he's gone.

BOTH is the only correct answer here.

I'm sorry but winning the EL and having Wenger packed off is NOT going to happen. That's fantasy land stuff.

CJJ

Established Member
No matter what, i want us to win EL now.

What i then hope will happen is
A) Wenger walks after that victory
B) He publicly states he will take one final season.

If we get another farce where his future is unsure it will be unforgiveable for me.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Surprised by the poll results, seems a bit short sighted. You're potentially throwing away a Premier League title to win a second tier trophy.

IslingtonBornandbred

Surprised by the poll results, seems a bit short sighted. You're potentially throwing away a Premier League title to win a second tier trophy.

Yeah...you know what? Guardiola could pull some shi*t like resigning at City, Mourinho might get sacked after racially abusing the club doctor, Pochettino might go to Real Madrid....Klopp might lose the plot, but I've got a feeling that even if all our direct rivals (not including Burnely!) end up self-destructing, Wenger will always find a way to join them!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Do you honestly believe that with the funds we have and no CL money we can upgrade the squad enough to overtake city next year or the year after?

We're three games away from a continental trophy that gets us back into the CL.

Short-sightedness here is not taking the trophy. Wenger will more than likely be gone after next season.

The trophy won't.

IslingtonBornandbred

Do you honestly believe that with the funds we have and no CL money we can upgrade the squad enough to overtake city next year or the year after?

We're three games away from a continental trophy that gets us back into the CL.

Short-sightedness here is not taking the trophy. Wenger will more than likely be gone after next season.

The trophy won't.

It might not even be City. Things can change very quickly. I'd be surprised if City win it again next year. Forgetting this specific either/or there is going to come a time which may be as soon as next season where City drop off, Pep leaves or something happens and the opportunity will be there for someone else.

We've previously had these sort of opportunities but we've failed to get over the line. I don't think it's so much as us overtaking City, but it's something in between...we need to improve and capitalise when City drop off. I think you can remove City from the equation all together, I don't think we'll win the league next year even if City ceased to exist.

It's a hypothetical question, but the real and main answer is Wenger just needs to go win or lose.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We aren't going to win this current Europa League with that defense...just won't happen. Madrid isn't the type of team that would have a hard time with the likes of Mustafi.
I think the slower European game suits him more. I think it probably suits us more. We're definitely more capable of pulling off an unlikely result in a European contest than in the PL.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

As much as I want him gone I'd pick a European trophy every time. A club as big as ours has an embarrassing European record trophy wise. Luckily I'm old enough to remember beating Parma all those years ago!

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Easy choice: Win the Europa. Why the hell would you not want a European trophy in our cabinet? Plus, we can rub it in the Spud's face about never winning it year after year they were in it.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
No matter what, i want us to win EL now.

What i then hope will happen is
A) Wenger walks after that victory
B) He publicly states he will take one final season.

If we get another farce where his future is unsure it will be unforgiveable for me.

What good will that season do?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
As much as I want him gone I'd pick a European trophy every time. A club as big as ours has an embarrassing European record trophy wise. Luckily I'm old enough to remember beating Parma all those years ago!

What are you a millennial?
It is a participation trophy

17th best team in Europe award

We've done better other years

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
guys, but in all seriously, hypothetical or not. we're not winning the damn thing, so it doesn't matter whether we want the EL or not, it doesn't want us :lol:

Oh and Wenger's not walking, even if he gets humiliated. he'll play the victim, point to Atletico's CL finals in recent years, or United's easy run. Excuse factory on overdrive.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
In other big club Wenger is gone this summer but as always we fans have no clue what will happen this summer

At any club Wenger is gone this summer*

Even if we manage to win the EL (which I don't think is possible but let's suppose we do), this season would be a huge failure:

- 0 points away from home in 2018
- embarassing final against City
- got knocked out of FA cup early against a poor team
- one of the worst defence in the league
- half empty stadium at most of the games
- we've never competed for the top 4

Even if the board don't care about sporting results, if things goes on the way they are, it might hurts Arsenal's brand and their revenues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom