• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Winning Eleven 10

Viper

Established Member
Its a shame they never improve the graphics engine. I also hate the commentry. Its a load of ****.

nazo

Established Member
Viper said:
Its a shame they never improve the graphics engine. I also hate the commentry. Its a load of s**t.

I turn it off. Both of the stupid guys sound lame.

Lukazan

Established Member
Viper said:
Its a shame they never improve the graphics engine. I also hate the commentry. Its a load of s**t.

Nothing wrong with the graphics engine tbh, and I'd guess that in terms of graphics they are already at the PS2's hardware's limit. They made it any better and you'd probably be suffering in other areas of the game i.e content, load times, FPS (frames per second) etc.

The graphics are much better than FIFA.

goonerz49 said:
will pro evo 6 have the real arsenal kits again like prov evo 5?

I heard something a while back about Arsenal being unlicensed this time round and Man U being licensed instead. You see, people complain about the lack of licenses in PES but it's not their fault, right now FIFA has them monopolized and while they have PES can only have two English licenses at a time.

Luckily FIFA's rights to them runs out pretty soon so PES have a chance to nip in and claim them but we'll have to see, I can't imagine FIFA without the licenses.. afterall it's what their success is based on - eyecandy, and no substance.

I hear the French league will be totally licensed this time, although it's just a rumour. PES are slowly working their way up with licenses and that's good to see.

go49oner

Established Member
i bough copy last month from Japan ( i got chipt ps3) anyways

i though the gameplay was amazing much much better then pes5. and much faster.

they got more licence.

they only con of the game in the goal keeper. the do tend to oftenly make silly mistake.

but i hope they fix this b4 pes6 come out here in UK. but all-in-all this game is much much more enjoyable the pes5. me ands my mates cant stop playing it.

Lukazan

Established Member
Where are you?

It'll be released earlier than usual in the UK, they aim to beat Fifa to the shelves.

Lukazan

Established Member
Will be out much sooner than that though if they plan to beat Fifa to the shelves, which they do.

Viper

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
Viper said:

Nothing wrong with the graphics engine tbh, and I'd guess that in terms of graphics they are already at the PS2's hardware's limit. They made it any better and you'd probably be suffering in other areas of the game i.e content, load times, FPS (frames per second) etc.
Wrong. I still think the graphics of Pro Evo are rather ****e.

I would say the graphics engine used for Fifa is better than the one used in Pro Evo. The crowd looks better, the shadows are better, the lighting is better etc. The player models look awful though, and thats where Pro Evo wins. I also like the Pro Evo anims more. The kits and faces in Fifa look **** where as they look pretty decent in Pro Evo.

The graphics of Pro Evo are not set at the PS2's hardware limit. God of War pushes the PS2 to the limit. Gran Turismo 4 pushes the PS2 to the limit. MGS3 pushes the PS2 to its limit. Pro evo doesn't and I can't see why.

goonerz49

anyone got a picture of the new arsenal kits on pes6? and how many teams have got the real kits now, how many english teams?

go49oner

Established Member
goonerz49 said:
anyone got a picture of the new arsenal kits on pes6? and how many teams have got the real kits now, how many english teams?

on the Japanese version its still only the gunners and chelski.

Lukazan

Established Member
Viper said:
LuKaZaN said:
Viper said:

Wrong. I still think the graphics of Pro Evo are rather s***e.

I would say the graphics engine used for Fifa is better than the one used in Pro Evo. The crowd looks better, the shadows are better, the lighting is better etc. The player models look awful though, and thats where Pro Evo wins. I also like the Pro Evo anims more. The kits and faces in Fifa look s**t where as they look pretty decent in Pro Evo.

The graphics of Pro Evo are not set at the PS2's hardware limit. God of War pushes the PS2 to the limit. Gran Turismo 4 pushes the PS2 to the limit. MGS3 pushes the PS2 to its limit. Pro evo doesn't and I can't see why.

Yep, and in those games mentioned you get awful slow down and FPS problems.. something that can be fairly well ignored in those types of games but for football type games it's a big no no.

Believe me, they are at the PS2's limit in terms of graphics. A football game is alot different to those MGS or God Of War type of games, for a start there is alot more going on on the screen at one time and it's alot for the PS2 to render. Fifa probably gets away with having better crowds and shadows because the player models look absolutely shocking and they are all the same height and weight. In PES every player has his own height, weight and physique style, the PS2 has a lot to cope with.

I'm a moderator on the official PES website, I have inside knowledge so trust me, the PS2 is at it's hardware limit. ;)

go49oner

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
Viper said:
LuKaZaN said:
Viper said:

Wrong. I still think the graphics of Pro Evo are rather s***e.

I would say the graphics engine used for Fifa is better than the one used in Pro Evo. The crowd looks better, the shadows are better, the lighting is better etc. The player models look awful though, and thats where Pro Evo wins. I also like the Pro Evo anims more. The kits and faces in Fifa look s**t where as they look pretty decent in Pro Evo.

Yep, and in those games mentioned you get awful slow down and FPS problems.. something that can be fairly well ignored in those types of games but for football type games it's a big no no.

Believe me, they are at the PS2's limit in terms of graphics. A football game is alot different to those MGS or God Of War type of games, for a start there is alot more going on on the screen at one time and it's alot for the PS2 to render. Fifa probably gets away with having better crowds and shadows because the player models look absolutely shocking and they are all the same height and weight. In PES every player has his own height, weight and physique style, the PS2 has a lot to cope with.

I'm a moderator on the official PES website, I have inside knowledge so trust me, the PS2 is at it's hardware limit. ;)

totally agree.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Just looked at Play.com, they say there's gonna be a pitchside reporter, and opponent AI will be improved- is this really neccessary?

Top Bottom