• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Winston Reid

wellington

Yes, fabo, I see your point. Though we still don't know what will happen with Sol and Billy - assuming they have gone, you wonder how much experience Wenger will look to add. As you say, we'd look pretty green.

The other factor of course, which seems to have been a bit forgotten recently, is that ideally we wanted a quality player that could cover CB and DM. Maybe Wenger sees Eastmond as cover for Song, but I doubt it.

He may view Winston Reid as a candidate to cover CB and also DM. He's got good pace, and is very agile for a strong 1.9m player. If Wenger saw the NZ games hewould have noticed Reid making some sortes forward much like a fullback (he scored half NZ's goals - yes, ok, it was just 1).

And it's not beyond imagining that Wenger will look to convert/add additinoal aspects to any player.

wellington

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nzherald.co.nz/soccer-football/news/article.cfm?c_id=86&objectid=10654734&pnum=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nzherald.co.nz/soccer-footba ... 734&pnum=0</a>

Former Arsenal defender Martin Keown has been impressed by transfer target Winston Reid's athleticism and skill.

Keown, in South Africa as a pundit for the BBC, heard rumours that Reid is being chased by a London Premier League club, possibly Arsenal, and said: "Whether or not he's good enough for Arsenal, based on one World Cup, you'd want to have another look at him.

"Arsenal don't play a three [at the back], they play a four and it's a slightly different responsibility. I would need to see him in a four first before I made my mind up. He has shown good signs and promise in the [two] games I saw him play."

wellington

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_6231665,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 65,00.html</a>

Blackburn Rovers boss Sam Allardyce is rumoured to be eyeing a bid for Reid, where he could link up at the heart of defence with international team-mate Ryan Nelsen, who enjoyed an outstanding tournament.

Lazaq

Sure sounds promising enough, but should be 4th choice at the most. I'd love it if Campbell stayed, as he could have great influence on all these young CB's.

Abs

Established Member
Lazaq said:
Sure sounds promising enough, but should be 4th choice at the most. I'd love it if Campbell stayed, as he could have great influence on all these young CB's.

I dont think he will stay, and I would like us to sign this kid and koscielny as they will bring athletism and pace to our back four. The defending is not great in the PL in general and as long as you have pace, strenght and some brain, you should be allright.

Lazaq

Abs said:
I dont think he will stay, and I would like us to sign this kid and koscielny as they will bring athletism and pace to our back four. The defending is not great in the PL in general and as long as you have pace, strenght and some brain, you should be allright.
Sure, I agree, but when it comes to commitment, fighting spirit and experience, they could still learn a lot from Big Sol me thinks ...

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Dok reckons he deserved to be in the team of the year this season, that's all I know. :lol: :wink:

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
Would be all for this had Kos not had the season he had. Merte and Verms will improve next year, lets have stability at the back for a change.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
ModelGooner said:
Would be all for this had Kos not had the season he had. Merte and Verms will improve next year, lets have stability at the back for a change.

Lets have four central defenders too like every other big club in Champions League will have, next season.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom