• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Winston Reid

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Dokaka said:
I can't see him being a good partner for Koscielny, so he'd be the perfect partner for both Mertesacker and Chambers.

He's very aggressive, fairly quick and strong as an ox. He's one of those who will completely mark out strikers who rely on physicality, but he can struggle a bit with very clever forwards.
YES, THE SOLUTION TO THE DROGBA PROBLEM!!!

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
The Jury said:
Yeah, Chambers is not even a permanent fixture at CB, and we're now moving him further into the unknown to play DMF for Arsenal FC. :lol: The FM generation.

rTHf4K7.gif

Enfield

Established Member
I haven't seen much of this guy so Wenger shouldn't buy him on my say so but he does look like a tough nut who can defend. If we are going ot be playing chambers at DM from time to time then Reid should get plenty games.

It would also be nice to rest Kos (now that Per has quit international football) or give chambers some competition

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Enfield said:
I haven't seen much of this guy so Wenger shouldn't buy him on my say so but he does look like a tough nut who can defend. If we are going ot be playing chambers at DM from time to time then Reid should get plenty games.

It would also be nice to rest Kos (now that Per has quit international football) or give chambers some competition

Ok, memo to Wenger, dont buy Winston Reid just because Enfield says so! :D

Actually I think Reid would be a good option but Wenger doesnt listen to me either! :)

GDeep™

League is very weak
Saw this thread at the top of the page and got ****ing excited, my heart skipped a beat, I quickly put my drink down, ignored someone who was talking to me and logged in to read the new exciting news...

Enfield

Established Member
tap-in said:
Enfield said:

Ok, memo to Wenger, dont buy Winston Reid just because Enfield says so! :D

Actually I think Reid would be a good option but Wenger doesnt listen to me either! :)

Well I'm actually Wenger himself, my last post was to throw you all off the scent after you read my incredibly insightful posts and start catching on.

Clever, clever guy I am

GDeep™

League is very weak
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-plot-transfer-west-ham-4513195" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... am-4513195</a>

In Jan or summer, let's do it. I rather Reid than Van Dijk, thats for sure.

Van Dijk looks very likely to me though - cheap, happy as a squaddy, potential etc.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
With 6 months left in his contract we can get him for under 10M Pounds.

Reid can give a good competition to Mertesacker and Kosh. he is a good defender with PL experience

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Reid is one of the best defenders in the league. He'd definitely bench one of your current starters if we're going by recent performances.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Oliver Reed would bench one of our current starters on recent performances if he was still alive tbf.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Dokaka said:
Reid is one of the best defenders in the league. He'd definitely bench one of your current starters if we're going by recent performances.

What's going on with his contract? You think he'll extend or does he want to leave?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
GDeep said:
Dokaka said:

What's going on with his contract? You think he'll extend or does he want to leave?

A lot of fans have taken issue with him not extending, but I kind of understand him. He's 26 and his contract runs out on the day he turns 27 - it's theoretically his last chance for a big move.

Will he extend? I have absolutely no idea. I think it depends on our position in the table at the end of the season.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Reid on a free is a no brainer. Will also be hilarious to see GDeep fapping himself bandy.

Also, is it just me or does Reid look like someone squashed Simon Webbe's face, just a touch?

musicmonkey

Established Member
I just hope no one else comes in for him. There's a real shortage of decent CBs at the moment. I wouldn't put it past Mourinho to jump in for extra backup, they've got as few defenders as we do and Terry will surely retire soon.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No brainer really, reckon we could get him for about £7M in January.

Debuchy, Bellerin
Mertesacker, Reid
Koscielny, Chambers
Gibbs, Monreal

Reid would ideally take over from Mertesacker towards the end of the season.

Just need a reliable LB and we'd have enough depth, well maybe not with the amount of injuries we get.

Top Bottom