Winston Reid

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by invisibleman18, Jun 25, 2010.

1. redanddread

redanddread The stone that the builders refuse

Thought Reid played well tonight vs Everton. He & Collins looked much more composed than Distin & Jagielka

2. redanddread

redanddread The stone that the builders refuse

Cross is close to the club, normally has an inside line on things. Doesn't mean it's going happen but good chance we're trying to negotiate.

3. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

:p

4. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

No. 2 is waiting

5. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

Darren Lewis says Reid has told West Ham he wants to move to us if we make a bid this month. Bit of anecdotal stuff tied in with West Ham's starting line up on the weekend but BFS claimed Reid wasn't in the squad against Everton the match before (FA Cup) because of an ankle injury, so it's difficult to say.
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-ham-defender-winston-reid-5006505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... id-5006505</a>

6. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

No thanks.

7. halfvolley

halfvolley Well-Known Member

Don't care what John Cross, the Horse or anyone else says. I rely exclusively on GDeep for all my transfer news. If he says **** is going down, it's going down.

8. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

The Horse has gone, got his account deleted from twitter. Him and dialsquare are history.

9. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Wafflers.

10. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

Serious question, is Reid actually better than James Tomkins? My impression is that we might as well go for Tomkins, especially since he's a beast in the air and closer to what we need. I know he has a bad rep after assaulting that police officer, but I can't help but find myself underwhelmed by the idea of signing Reid and thinking there are far better targets for us.

11. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

I'm wondering if Reid is our back up plan. West Ham have maybe quoted a price, we're not sure and looking elsewhere atm but could always go back considering his situation.

Only saying this because Wenger said yes when some journo asked if Reid was on the defender radar.

Villareal tell us to **** off, maybe we chuck the 8M for Reid.

12. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

It is looking that way. In the case of Paulista, from what Villarreal's manager has said risk doesn't appear to be there with Villarreal saying get lost, more the work permit application process, for which no matter how many lawyers are put on the case it is not guaranteed the appeal will work.