• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Winston Reid

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Thought Reid played well tonight vs Everton. He & Collins looked much more composed than Distin & Jagielka

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
GDeep said:
Cross is normally on point, I keep a track of these things.

Cross is close to the club, normally has an inside line on things. Doesn't mean it's going happen but good chance we're trying to negotiate.

Iceman10

Established Member
Darren Lewis says Reid has told West Ham he wants to move to us if we make a bid this month. Bit of anecdotal stuff tied in with West Ham's starting line up on the weekend but BFS claimed Reid wasn't in the squad against Everton the match before (FA Cup) because of an ankle injury, so it's difficult to say.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-ham-defender-winston-reid-5006505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... id-5006505</a>

halfvolley

Don't care what John Cross, the Horse or anyone else says. I rely exclusively on GDeep for all my transfer news. If he says **** is going down, it's going down.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The Horse has gone, got his account deleted from twitter. Him and dialsquare are history.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Serious question, is Reid actually better than James Tomkins? My impression is that we might as well go for Tomkins, especially since he's a beast in the air and closer to what we need. I know he has a bad rep after assaulting that police officer, but I can't help but find myself underwhelmed by the idea of signing Reid and thinking there are far better targets for us.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm wondering if Reid is our back up plan. West Ham have maybe quoted a price, we're not sure and looking elsewhere atm but could always go back considering his situation.

Only saying this because Wenger said yes when some journo asked if Reid was on the defender radar.

Villareal tell us to **** off, maybe we chuck the 8M for Reid.

Iceman10

Established Member
It is looking that way. In the case of Paulista, from what Villarreal's manager has said risk doesn't appear to be there with Villarreal saying get lost, more the work permit application process, for which no matter how many lawyers are put on the case it is not guaranteed the appeal will work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom