• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

With £30mil in the bank, who could replace Vieira?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexone234

No, we have an excellent team of players. Vieira has hailed them numerous time.

The concept of Pat not rating our club anymore seems alittle off considering we just went a whole season unbeaten. Now if we were Spuds, i would completely understand.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Today's Mirror says that Wenger is aware that Xabi Alonso is available for around £8m. :shock: Another option according to the Mirror is Lyon's Ghana midfielder Michael Essien.

CMS

maniche was outstanding at the euro 2004....

he would be a good player for arsenal, especially with wenger the magician as his coach, if he ld be at arsenal....

Alexone234

the Independent made great claims about Vieira not going on pre-season, until they realised all Euro 2004 participants were joining up one Saturday.

Now thats good journalism.

asajoseph

Established Member
I've said this before, and I'll say it again, if we sell Vieira, there is NO1 1-stop fix available for him.

Maybe Gerrard, but he won't leave pool, or Davids, but he's already moved. I could name others who might be worth a shout, but there is no SINGLE player who is AVAILABLE for transfer who can fill Paddy's shoes. The only thing to do is buy a combination of players, capable of improving the entire midfield, as opposed to buying a single player and expecting him to have the same impact.

asajoseph

Established Member
Worst case scenario - Tomorrow's Arsenal website - 'Vieira signs for Madrid on season-long loan'.

Lol

Sorry, not being serious, but these 'worst-case scenarios could become my trademark!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I was hoping that Wenger would look at Xabi Alonso as Vieira's replacement but I would be happy with Maniche. There's no doubt that he's a class midfielder.

calvinngai88

Is Maniche defensive minded? Seems to me during Euro that he's more of an attacking style of player. Nevertheless, a good addition. No one can replace Vieira currently. Wenger will have to train 1 out though. It'll take some time, probably 1 or 2 seasons given his magical ability improvement.

calvinngai88

Milan's not going to release Gattusso. Ballack? Only when the right price was given. Gerrard? Not until when Liverpool failed to bring back success, will then Gerrard re-consider Liverpool's aims and his own future at the club, and also the transfer fee will be quite high.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Nobody can replace vieira and have the exact same ability as him - because nobody does. The closest thing to Patrick imo is Gerrard. He's not there yet and has alot of work to do if he wants to acheive what patrick has in his career - but i think Arsène can really work on him, improve him and turn him into an even better player than vieira in 4-5 years time. Ofcourse thats just my opinion.

But its not going to happen because gerrard wont leave liverpool and vieira wont leave arsenal.

CMS

john terry from chelsea is a damn great player as well, he could replace vieira.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom