• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

With £30mil in the bank, who could replace Vieira?

Status
Not open for further replies.

calvinngai88

Okays, everyone's now giving all the superstars names. I would prefer Yaya, Cheap and good. He can even score more than Vieira. Plus he's young. Is Kapo a DMC? Heard that he's kinda good. If Yaya comes, at most 5-10m? Wenger still has around 20+m to spend. Maybe for Rosicky.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Gattuso is too one diamensional. We need someone who could defend and attack in equal measure. Alonso and Gerrard stand out in that respect.

Matt

calvinngai88 said:
Okays, everyone's now giving all the superstars names. I would prefer Yaya, Cheap and good. He can even score more than Vieira. Plus he's young. Is Kapo a DMC? Heard that he's kinda good. If Yaya comes, at most 5-10m? Wenger still has around 20+m to spend. Maybe for Rosicky.

Yaya wouldn't get a work permit, thats the reason why Wenger didn't bye him last Winter. Then he only costed 2,5m euro !

Matt

Galasek from Ajax

yes he is also old, but I think age don't matter, the strongest should replace Vieira

Alexone234

I still like the idea that we buy a great centre back to play alongside Sol, and put Kolo CM. He is a hungry player, big strong quick, can head, has skill, tackles hard.

Dont' tell me he couldn;t be the next PV.

calvinngai88

Then we'll wait till he gets enough caps from Ivory Coast. Thanks GoonerGurjit for the information about Kapo. Just thought about it. IF Vieira does leave, why not don't spend on a DMC. Two probabilities to play around with our current squad. Push Kolo up front, get Cygan/Senderos to partner Campbell or buy another DC, preferably cheap and good, Ivan Cordoba/F.Cannavaro/P.Cannavaro. OR, retain Kolo in defence, get Cesc up through the ranks. Might be a bit weak in the midfield battle. But more options in attacking.

Alexone234

Kolo having a couple of years experience would make him perfect.

We then get woodgate from Newcastle to play next to Sol,

Senght

I don't think we need to discuss this already. Viera is not a top target of RM now and he will be goign nowhere! Hurray!

calvinngai88

Will Newcastle be that dumb to sell him? Get Lucio maybe, but think he has signed for Bayern, am I right? Not very sure about him.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
As far as midfielders go- Maniche, Xabi Alonso and van Bommel are the most gettable. Maniche would cost about 8m I think, Xabi around £20m and van Bommel would only cost around £3m-£4m. Remember a couple of years ago when PSV were demanding £14m for him?

Alexone234

GoonerGurjit said:
As far as midfielders go- Maniche, Xabi Alonso and van Bommel are the most gettable. Maniche would cost about 8m I think, Xabi around £20m and van Bommel would only cost around £3m-£4m. Remember a couple of years ago when PSV were demanding £14m for him?

a couple of years ago van Bommel was linked with us and United. Now he is linked with Spuds, hense the drop in value :)

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
calvinngai88 said:
Will Newcastle be that dumb to sell him? Get Lucio maybe, but think he has signed for Bayern, am I right? Not very sure about him.

I can't see how Newcastle would be able to resist a bid of between £15m-£20m for Woodgate. Lucio would sh*t me up all the time if he played for Arsenal. I would prefer Toure to stay at the back with Sol. Those two have formed an exceptional partnership.

calvinngai88

I have faith in Marco Van Bommel, but that was YEARS back, when he almost signed until PSV raised his price till 14m! He's **** now though, useless, 27 yrs old, no room for improvement. Maniche's not that good in defence, but his attacking options might give everyone a second though. His long range shots are comparable to Czech Republic's Marek Heinz and Pavel Nedved.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
If we got £30m for Vieira, then I would be reasonably happy with Xabi Alonso and van Bommel + some quality defensive cover.

calvinngai88

I hope we do get 30m plus a top quality player from RM, squeeze everything off them! Maybe Morientes would be alright, he has vast experience in the CL. Though it might be a disadvantage to Reyes, RVP and youngster.co

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
calvinngai88 said:
I hope we do get 30m plus a top quality player from RM, squeeze everything off them! Maybe Morientes would be alright, he has vast experience in the CL. Though it might be a disadvantage to Reyes, RVP and youngster.co

I also thought we were a striker short but now I'm not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom