• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wojciech Szczesny (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Why do people worry so much about finances? It was obvious he and Wenger had a falling out and it was always going to end like this.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
That's one down and a few more to go. Gotta get us a Lemar.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
A lot of people I know getting upset about this

A good way to look at it is, Wenger basically outed him from the club two seasons ago and I'm surprised we didn't actually sell him there and then. After two years of loaning and running down the contract (poor by the board YET again), we still get £10-14m for the guy even though he hasn't even touched our pitch in 2 years.

This poor contract management however has to stop asap, I'm getting sick of it

Bendtneer

We Ospina and let Wojciech go what a shame.Ospina reminds me of Almunia the way he flaps at the ball.And I don't want to remember anything about Almunia that bastard let a goal go through his ****ing legs in the champions league final.And cost us a 1000 times before we finally got rid.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
A lot of people I know getting upset about this

A good way to look at it is, Wenger basically outed him from the club two seasons ago and I'm surprised we didn't actually sell him there and then. After two years of loaning and running down the contract (poor by the board YET again), we still get £10-14m for the guy even though he hasn't even touched our pitch in 2 years.

This poor contract management however has to stop asap, I'm getting sick of it
Doubt if we would ever have got more than 10-14m for an unnecessary goalkeeper on high wages. We have been guilty of managing contracts poorly, but this isn't an example of that. Look at it this way, he spent two years as no.1 at Roma and did a decent enough job for them. But even they rejected the chance to sign him form 10m. Good goalkeepers are a dime a dozen and only the very best command a premium. Schez doesn't belong to that elite tier, or we would've kept him ourselves.

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
Doubt if we would ever have got more than 10-14m for an unnecessary goalkeeper on high wages. We have been guilty of managing contracts poorly, but this isn't an example of that. Look at it this way, he spent two years as no.1 at Roma and did a decent enough job for them. But even they rejected the chance to sign him form 10m. Good goalkeepers are a dime a dozen and only the very best command a premium. Schez doesn't belong to that elite tier, or we would've kept him ourselves.
Roma didn't reject him, they just didn't have an buyout clause. Then Juve popped up and of course he decided to join Juve.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Roma paid us loan fees as well don't forget, think it was reported as something like £1m for the first loan and £2m for the second.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Roma didn't reject him, they just didn't have an buyout clause. Then Juve popped up and of course he decided to join Juve.
They could've bid more than Juve if they wanted him. A loan without a buyout clause doesn't stop the loanee club from buying him permanently.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think our relationship with Roma is sour after they messed us up with Manolas and we had to get Mustafi.

The bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom