• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wojciech Szczesny (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisenberg

Let go of him and Ospina and give Martinez a chance as the backup.
Agree with Szczesny - he is not going to be the world class keeper we thought. But damn, I loved the lad when he celebrated that goal against Barcelona in Champions League, and when he took down Gareth Bale at White Hart Lane.

But Ospina? Let Ospina leave, if he wants to leave. No way we actively should try to sell him.

History clearly shows that Petr Cech is likely to miss at least 2 games a season, and with him and his back getting older that number could easily be higher in the next season.
With Ospina we are one of the clubs with the best second choice GK, and it is nice to know that we should not worry too much, when Cech is out injured.

If he wants to leave for regular first team football, totally understandable. And in that case, Martinez seems to be a fairly talented lad who could do the job.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Apparently we are not going to supplement his wages anymore. We should just sell take the money and not have any more financial obligations to our third choice keeper. Makes no sense retaining a third choice keeper on 60k pw

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If we get anything over £10m for him then it's great business, can see us getting rid of three GK's this summer actually. Ospina will want first team football and Martinez has failed at Wolves.

He counts as a home grown player as well, so a few PL clubs will want him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Roma already bought keeper from Brazil. i don't know if they buy other goal keeper.

Aevi

Hale End FC
If we get anything over £10m for him then it's great business, can see us getting rid of three GK's this summer actually. Ospina will want first team football and Martinez has failed at Wolves.
He was dropped after an injury iirc.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Between Ospina and Szczesny, I'd take the latter. I just don't feel like Ospina has too much room for improvement, while Szczesny does.

Malky

Established Member
Sort him a two year loan to Roma, by then he should be able to come back and adequately challenge then displace Cech. I've got a lot of time for Szczesny, always thought he had it in him to become a top goalkeeper.

He loves our club too, he's a character.
I don't think people have watched Szcz this season, he got off to a dodgy start but he's been superb since, looks like the top talent he was when he broke into the first team here. Also, selling for £15M is pointless, we wont sign a top young keeper for that to replace Cech in a year or two.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sort him a two year loan to Roma, by then he should be able to come back and adequately challenge then displace Cech. I've got a lot of time for Szczesny, always thought he had it in him to become a top goalkeeper.

You're developing into a decent poster mate, tend to agree with you alot these days.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
You're developing into a decent poster mate, tend to agree with you alot these days.

Screen-Shot-2016-04-27-at-1.43.46-PM.png

When my name comes up, respek it. Put some respek on my name. I ain't gon say it no mo.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I know you've been praised for this post and that's great but it's a rather ill thought out post.

Sczesney signed a long term deal in 2013, most reports were a four year deal Arsenal only confirmed long term. So four or five years or the equivalent of ending in 2017 or 18.

Loan him for two years when we are still paying part of his reported 100k pw wages and could either lose him for free during or at the end of the deal.

Not clever. We need to sell of keep. Given we need to spend around 100m this summer and have a budget of 60m selling is the right option. Sure if he performs in 2 years we can go back and buy him. We may pay more than we sold him for but we need to build a squad for now.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I know you've been praised for this post and that's great but it's a rather ill thought out post.

Sczesney signed a long term deal in 2013, most reports were a four year deal Arsenal only confirmed long term. So four or five years or the equivalent of ending in 2017 or 18.

Loan him for two years when we are still paying part of his reported 100k pw wages and could either lose him for free during or at the end of the deal.

Not clever. We need to sell of keep. Given we need to spend around 100m this summer and have a budget of 60m selling is the right option. Sure if he performs in 2 years we can go back and buy him. We may pay more than we sold him for but we need to build a squad for now.

You do realise we could just renew his contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom