• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wojciech Szczesny: Should He Come Back As #1?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
When this clown left on loan I was so pleased. I haven't really followed his progress but have read he's done well. I would take him back for a season to see how far he's progressed. His distribution was dire so that needs to be much better. Also he would save us having to spend leaving money for elsewhere. Make him No1 with Cech & Martinez waiting in the wings. Ospina will be off.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Has Szczesny actually improved that much? I mean 30 year old Sp**s loaned CB and PL flop Fazio is Roma's star CB...

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
How? Don't get it. Anyway, I'm finding it hard to believe that he has become a top GK all of a sudden. Didn't rate him much before talent wise but then again I'm no GK expert in anyway.
You've just said that a flop is his CB. So if a player that isn't really that good is sitting in front of him and he has still managed all those clean sheets then either he's done well or the player you thought was a flop has improved/never been a flop/had a great purple patch.

I went for the optimistic approach. He's a world beater now:lol:

4R5Emaniac

You've just said that a flop is his CB. So if a player that isn't really that good is sitting in front of him and he has still managed all those clean sheets then either he's done well or the player you thought was a flop has improved/never been a flop/had a great purple patch.

I went for the optimistic approach. He's a world beater now:lol:
:lol: I meant to say that since Fazio who couldn't cut it in the Prem is doing extraordinarily well there then people are maybe reading too much into Szczesny's improvement.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
:lol: I meant to say that since Fazio who couldn't cut it in the Prem is doing extraordinarily well there then people are maybe reading too much into Szczesny's improvement.
Fair enough. I'd like to think he is coming back and this was all a masterplan by the boss...

I also thought he was rough when he left and his attitude sucked. Thought he had made it when he was like 22. Hoping this is the beginning of a decade with no keeper worries.

Finding optimism in this is all I have left okay. Leave me be:p

4R5Emaniac

Fair enough. I'd like to think he is coming back and this was all a masterplan by the boss...

I also thought he was rough when he left and his attitude sucked. Thought he had made it when he was like 22. Hoping this is the beginning of a decade with no keeper worries.

Finding optimism in this is all I have left okay. Leave me be:p
Makingtrax got to you. He is now like Jesus. But stay enlightened!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Makingtrax got to you. He is now like Jesus. But stay enlightened!
Well that is the thing. Trax's thinking suggest that if we bring this guy back and sell Ospina (lower our squad cost) we'll not do as well as if we sell this lad and buy some 14 year old from Senegal for 50M (up our squad cost). :po_O

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Better distribution, quicker off his line and just as likely to pull off a spectacular save as Cech. If it's a choice between the two than we should be going with Scz.

ARSNLNO1

Has Szczesny actually improved that much? I mean 30 year old Sp**s loaned CB and PL flop Fazio is Roma's star CB...

Yes, massively, watched him many a time, far more decisive than Cecvh or Ospina when faced with an onrushing player, plus his shot stopping has improved. Most importantly though he appears and it sounds like he has grown up as a player which was the more important factor. His talent was never in doubt and now statistically he is one of the best keepers in Europe this season.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Better distribution, quicker off his line and just as likely to pull off a spectacular save as Cech. If it's a choice between the two than we should be going with Scz.
So you're saying that the keeper crisis of 2012 where we had no viable option has now morphed into the Keeper crisis of 2017 where we have two viable options and a Columbian?

4R5Emaniac

Yes, massively, watched him many a time, far more decisive than Cecvh or Ospina when faced with an onrushing player, plus his shot stopping has improved. Most importantly though he appears and it sounds like he has grown up as a player which was the more important factor. His talent was never in doubt and now statistically he is one of the best keepers in Europe this season.
Cheers! Sounds very encouraging indeed. We'd be pretty well off on the GK department for years. That should be a worry dealt with minimum fuss.

Aevi

Hale End FC
So you're saying that the keeper crisis of 2012 where we had no viable option has now morphed into the Keeper crisis of 2017 where we have two viable options and a Columbian?
And we have Martinez as well. I hope we send him out on a similar loan to Szcz because I doubt he'll be getting much gametime here.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible

Agreed on all accounts but would like to add his distribution has come on in leaps and bounds this season.

He's a much better goalkeeper than he was when he left us.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
And we have Martinez as well. I hope we send him out on a similar loan to Szcz because I doubt he'll be getting much gametime here.
I like Martinez. I think that would be perfect for him. We may have Keepers for the next decade if we do this right. Always a chance he hits a ceiling early but I like him.

Top Bottom