• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wolves v Arsenal - EPL - Wed 10th Nov 19:45

GunnerPL

I mentioned in another thread that Fabianski's distribution has been fantastic and he proved it today once again. Perfect throw out to Rosicky to start the counter which lead to Chamakh's goal. I'm really glad he played well after his mistake against Newcastle.

Herbas

-vapour- said:
Have Match Of The Day completely ignored the Henry tackle but made a point of showing the Fabregas one?

It was exactly like this :)

"OMG, Cesc can apologize as much as he wants but that was a TERRIBLE tackle" and no mention of Karl tackle.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I am absolutely disgusted by some media, claiming that Fabregas is a horrible tackling player, well it look unlucky and a leg breaking tackle but they did not show that **** henry tackle.

article-1328597-0C029CA2000005DC-255_306x251.jpg

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It was a bad. tackle. Never a leg breaker. You get a tackle that bad every Saturday in the league.

British football media is full of people of little intelligence who like to comment on such non events.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Cesc's was pretty nasty but Henry's was far worse. If Arshavin's leg was planted there he could have done serious damage. Cesc's was more of a rake - still could have seen red on another day but I think a yellow was fair enough.

Was Henry even booked?

I f**king hate him and his smug face.

fabo

6.51 / 10
And then Henry had a chance to equalise and I think he got a nick on Djourou's goalbound shot to divert it wide.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Ron Burgundy said:
Here's another picture of the tackle:
2d85bft.jpg

Edit: Found a GIF of it. (Mods, remove it if it's not allowed)
tackle-1.gif

It was a late tackle no doubt but in fairness to Henry it looks like he doesn't really go through Arshavin in a manner he may have done before all of the negative publicity he has so rightly garnered this season.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Agreed, it was a straight red, but there wasn't alot of force in the challenge. It's the amount of force that is applied which I think is the major issue with reckless tackling. Henry also seems to be retracting his foot once it makes contact. But if he had flown into the challenge with all his might, like Parker on Denilson(?) a few weeks back, then Arshavin would have been finished.

progman07

Established Member
Herbas said:
-vapour- said:
Have Match Of The Day completely ignored the Henry tackle but made a point of showing the Fabregas one?

It was exactly like this :)

"OMG, Cesc can apologize as much as he wants but that was a TERRIBLE tackle" and no mention of Karl tackle.

It only happens, because we have a false reputation about tackling, and they think it's news when we make bad tackles, while it's boring that we are being tackled again.

If Wenger didn't talk too much about tackling, people wouldn't be so bored of it and they wouldn't be biased against us.

What's annoying is that Wenger always tells that he likes tough but fair football, and the clueless stupid media turns it out like he wanted a non-contact sport. FFS, one of the dirtiest job is making news out of nothing, and twisting words for it.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
CandysRoom said:
redanddread said:
outlaw_member said:
Too bad he's never had a great striker to play with. We only briefly got to see what he could do with someone like Titi.

Admitedly RVP hasn't been on his feet too often in recent seasons but he and Cesc have a good understanding and Cesc worked well with Adebayor in Ade's bust out season. But in comparison to Titi, we haven't had anyone of that class fill the strikers role in recent seasons. Hopefully this game will show the lads that we have to go 150% in all games and hopefully our fluid play and goal scoring touch will return soon!

This is going to be one hard slog of a season and the West Brom & Newcastle results still have me knees knocking!

Good and necessary 3pts today. The reaction by the lads after the game showed how much they were happy for the win, the clean sheet and no broken bits & pieces.

Onto a tough assignment at Goodison Park on Sunday where another gritty and determined performance will be required.
That's ok, because not many other other teams have either :wink:

Phew!

entropy13

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Agreed, it was a straight red, but there wasn't alot of force in the challenge. It's the amount of force that is applied which I think is the major issue with reckless tackling. Henry also seems to be retracting his foot once it makes contact. But if he had flown into the challenge with all his might, like Parker on Denilson(?) a few weeks back, then Arshavin would have been finished.

Nah, it's not retracting, merely Arshavin's shin pad exerting an equivalent amount of force because an external force is being applied to it. The shin pad is at "rest" (Arshavin has stopped moving his right leg, although it isn't planted on the ground yet at the time of contact) and therefore inertia applies. The force exerted by Henry's boot elicits a reaction of a certain amount of force in the opposite direction to the boot, wherein this amount is relative to the mass of the pad, and because of its location, to the sock and leg as well.

Y va marquer

Established Member
Judging from those pictures Shava was very lucky that his foot wasn't planted too firmly - that was a horrible tackle.

sagreig

Arshavin's face showed that he was appalled by the tackle. Straight after though, Arshavin was coming towards the middle to get the ball and run at defenders and shoot. He had 2 or 3 shots in quick succession and hit the post!

Coincidence? Or is that what the Russian can consistently do if he is motivated?

arsenallegends

Established Member
sagreig said:
Arshavin's face showed that he was appalled by the tackle. Straight after though, Arshavin was coming towards the middle to get the ball and run at defenders and shoot. He had 2 or 3 shots in quick succession and hit the post!

Coincidence? Or is that what the Russian can consistently do if he is motivated?

Soundw like he throughly enjoyed yesterday's battle - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.arshavin.eu/news.php?id=611" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arshavin.eu/news.php?id=611</a>

Top Bottom