• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Women's Football

Wheelori

Arsenal_Chick_4life said:
Gurgen said:
Wheelori said:
Gurgen said:
They can play if they want to, just don't expect me to watch.
When women hear ''let them play if they want'' they're determined to make it so good, that you do watch.

They can't, they're not built for football :wink:

Never heard such stupid comments in my life... it's a shame they're from Arsenal fans - who's womens team, just won the FA Cup and the title.

Pretty irrelevant about the WFA Cup, but okay.

you've never heard anything so stupid? Apparently never heard anything remotely sarcastic either......

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Gurgen said:

My thoughts too. And I don't like this crap about them not getting more sponsorship money, BS tbh if the had bigger fan-base the money would come. I bet my life on the fact that the worlds best 14 year old boys would beat the vrap out of the best womens team

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Gunner4Eva said:
Haha!

However to be honest, I do not enjoy watching female sports. I do feel it needs more coverage so that it could further aid participation in sport for younger females and help give them role models they can identify with.

I agree but with the rolemodel part but that has little to do with coverage as such, you don't have to be a guy to watch the PL do you? But of course girl-teams should get the same amount of money as the boys and the same level of coaches and practice availibility. In my little home town the womens/girls team (not a single player over 21) compete in the second highest womens league and they get all the money. But they deserve it they have a much higher level compared to the guys. But the guys a purely amatuer side is more fun to watch.

I can't stand this BS about support your country aswell. So what you won a Curling medale. If it is not fun to watch then let it be doesn't matter if it is male or female. I say make it unisex that is equal IMO. Not a single women would compete on the highest level in almost any sport but they atleast get the same chance and wouldn't be able to nag about opportunities.

Wheelori

Women bang on about equal opportuinites all the time.

I remmeber in P.E once, I was captain of a lads team, and the captain of the girls team said she was gonna run rings around us.

First 5 minutes we're 2-0 up, the ball drops in the middle of the park, 50-50 mean and her .....

...BANG - get down, 100% fair, but strong tackle, and she whinges about how it was ''too rough''

That's why I don't like women's football, because of that silly slut.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
YeahBee said:
Gunner4Eva said:
Haha!

However to be honest, I do not enjoy watching female sports. I do feel it needs more coverage so that it could further aid participation in sport for younger females and help give them role models they can identify with.

I agree but with the rolemodel part but that has little to do with coverage as such, you don't have to be a guy to watch the PL do you? But of course girl-teams should get the same amount of money as the boys and the same level of coaches and practice availibility. In my little home town the womens/girls team (not a single player over 21) compete in the second highest womens league and they get all the money. But they deserve it they have a much higher level compared to the guys. But the guys a purely amatuer side is more fun to watch.

It's not about money as such, but the idea in my post about an increase in exposure for female sports and the chance for young females to get role models is a lot to do with girls using women as role models, and not men, hence why I said "they can identify with". Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that women should not and will not use men as role models, but sometimes it's easier for them to identify with a female they admire whilst growing up and playing sport. And not just football, but any sport.

Gurgen

Established Member
Arsenal_Chick_4life said:
Gurgen said:
Wheelori said:
Gurgen said:
When women hear ''let them play if they want'' they're determined to make it so good, that you do watch.

They can't, they're not built for football :wink:

Never heard such stupid comments in my life... it's a shame they're from Arsenal fans - who's womens team, just won the FA Cup and the title.

Anyway, women aren't built for football?? We're talking football here aka soccer not bloody American football and women play aginst women not men - so how on earth are we not built for it?
Speaking of being built for it - men can't even challenge each other without the referee blowing his whistle - it's not exactly a hardcore contact sport is it..?!

They're just not, relatively speaking.

Watching the women's FA Cup final, it was pretty clear. Huge spaces, horrible first touches, bad composure, no footballing brains whatsoever. It just didn't look like football.
Just like women's tennis, it simply looks unnatural.

Women lack that extra bit of competitiveness as well. Fight for the shirt, battle till you drop, these are all things that are easier to understand for men. Say what you want but it's true. It's not even physical sports, men are far superior to women in sports like chess as well. There are obviously exceptions but that's not really the point here.

Anyway, why get offended? There are a lot of things women do better than men. Competing in professional sports just isn't one of them.

I totally disagree - sorry.

I usually don't like watching womens football myself, but happened to catch the FA Cup final and i thought that Arsenal played some nice football. It started off a bit edgy but there was certainly good football coming from the Arsenal ladies. Some beautiful through balls, some nice passing.

And to say we lack competitivness is unfair. I've played womens football myslef and we play with nothign but passion and competitivness - and want nothing other than to win.

I think it says everything in the fact that women don't get paid - no money, nothing - doesn't that say something?

Whilst men are happy to sit on a bench aslong as they're getting paid more than the next man...

BS.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
There are sports out there with women competing on the same level as men chess for example, poker and Bridge(hardly a sport but hey) The lack of bigname women is mostly due to the patriarchial society we live in. Those sports doesn't leave women with a inferior physical disadvantage. On the contrary women are probably in average smarter then men so they should have an mental advantage. And then there is horse-riding were men and women compete against each otherand differnt shooting games were there should be no separation. Adn sports with weight classes should be unisex aswell I know I got me ass kicked by a girl when I was a kid in Judo.

And you know when male nad females take part in real hardcore ultra marathons and such women do better, they have a higher pain treshhold

Wheelori

YeahBee said:
There are sports out there with women competing on the same level as men chess for example, poker and Bridge(hardly a sport but hey) The lack of bigname women is mostly due to the patriarchial society we live in. Those sports doesn't leave women with a inferior physical disadvantage. On the contrary women are probably in average smarter then men so they should have an mental advantage. And then there is horse-riding were men and women compete against each otherand differnt shooting games were there should be no separation. Adn sports with weight classes should be unisex aswell I know I got me ass kicked by a girl when I was a kid in Judo.

And you know when male nad females take part in real hardcore ultra marathons and such women do better, they have a higher pain treshhold

Lol, ace. 20 lines or so of utter ****e :D :D

Cheers ;)

Wheelori said:
Women don't get paid to play for a reason, think about it.

If it was worth watching, then they might.

I wasn't complaining about women not getting paid and furthermore admitted that i wasn't a huge fan of watching it... however.... my point is that women are passionate and competitive because they play for the love of the game not for money!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Wheelori said:
Women don't get paid to play for a reason, think about it.

If it was worth watching, then they might.

Man and I was just going to say something about your quote :cry: :wink:

what the h*ll I'll do it anyway. we live in a market economy wether you and I like it or not and they wouild get more money if it was more intressting to watch aka better football, supply and demand you know. In the Scandinavian countries womens handball is pretty popular just because they acctually have great technical and physical skill set. In Norway it is even called Handball and male-Handball.

Gurgen

Established Member
YeahBee said:
On the contrary women are probably in average smarter then men so they should have an mental advantage.

Nonsense. Why aren't women better at chess then?

Wheelori

Gurgen said:
YeahBee said:
On the contrary women are probably in average smarter then men so they should have an mental advantage.

Cos they should be in the bastard kitchen, not faffing about with ****ty chunks of wood ;)

Lord Dula

Established Member
I've only got two rules when it comes to women.

If they are good looking they can do what they want.

If they are swamp donkeys, I'll not give them the time of day.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
:roll:

Our women's team just won the FA Cup having already won the Women's Premier League title. How about the men? Will we win the CL? I hope so.

Wheelori

TheHotshot said:
:roll:

Our women's team just won the FA Cup having already won the Women's Premier League title. How about the men? Will we win the CL? I hope so.

The standard is somewhat different, but i'd like to think you knew that.....

awooga83

Established Member
I've watched womens football and it is poor at the moment compared to men's which i guess is somewhat understandable seeing as its really 100 years behind men's in terms of development in time it will improve but it will probably still be behind because mens will also improve.

Right now having been used to mens football it just doesn't compare to men's as a spectacle so i'm not that interested in watching it right now.

The one thing i would say is the keepers in womens football seem to always have major problems with shots that go above waist height and particularly balls in the air.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Gurgen said:
YeahBee said:

because of attitude like Lord Dulas (even thou I susoect he is being funny (; ) not given the same chances as men. It is a just a pointless random observation from myself and plus if you are a guy and stupid you notice it more. Our brains work differnatly that is a fact. Women are better at overall pictures and men betterat details. Women have better gr<ades in school aswell but that is dowen to being good at "going to school"

seb_afc

Established Member
Wheelori said:
YeahBee said:

:lol:

Lol, ace. 20 lines or so of utter s***e :D :D

Cheers ;)

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom