Word Censor & Swearing Update

Discussion in 'Noticeboard' started by USArsenal, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerome2158

jerome2158 New Member

getting a bit frustrating and difficult to read now. I can't get it to go away either. Every wore with an F or A or S is censored it seems.

I never noticed that language was ever that bad on here. Perhaps when we concede a goal in a match or bendy missed a sitter people would moan and use some swears, but thats about it.

2. Loylz

Loylz Moderator Moderator

If you can't do this then I can't help you mate. I works 100%.

3. Accomplished

Accomplished New Member

this has worked for me before, but now...nada...

Getting tired of it constantly coming and going, this place is basically illegible.

4. Rocafella

Rocafella New Member

It doesn't work 100% Loyan. Has failed for me. This is getting pretty tedious tbh.

5. Loylz

Thing is only delete the cashe, and make sure you don't save any tabs before quitting. Then leave 1 minute before reopening your browser. Works for me every time. No rebooting or deleting history required.

6. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Arse Emeritus Administrator

And turn it over half way through? :lol: That's not how this works. No offence. :mrgreen:

7. Loylz

None taken but don't mock the technique until you've tried it. The problems come back for ne every time I either shut down the laptop or I leave the browser off for any period of time but every time I do the above it works again. I've tried clearing the cashe and restarting the browser with tabs save and also other times straight after I closed it but it doesn't work. When I do it without saved tabs AND leaving the browser off for a minute or so, it works again.

8. Rocafella

Rocafella New Member

Loyan. I'm not an idiot. I can follow simple instructions, so you repeating them makes no difference. It didn't work for me, nor Accomplished from the sound of things, so it clearly isn't a fool proof fix. If it works for you, great, but it would be nice if this was sorted properly soon.

9. Loylz

Was replying to Accomplished, so if I sounded like I was replying to you in a partonising manner, I'm letting you know it wasn't what I intended.

10. philipos

philipos New Member

4 **** sake this might aswell be a 4rum 4 4ans of polo and other equestian pursuits with this bollocks going on.
    a football (4ootball) 4rum where you can't even write the word football (4ootball).

11. silent_shadow

silent_shadow Well-Known Member

This still isn't fixed? Seriously? It's been nearly a week.
    And new people who come on the site still have no idea what's going on because no one's bothered to put a proper notice or announcement up.

12. James

James New Member Elite

*shrug*

13. AnthonyG

Eh, this is about as proper as it gets, apart from a global announcement.

But, yes, it is far from ideal.

14. silent_shadow

silent_shadow Well-Known Member

Technically this thread is still just an update on the new censor changes, newbies have to wade through posts of us trying to figure out what's going on before they get any idea themselves.

15. AnthonyG

Fair point, silent.

16. CKD IV

CKD IV New Member

It's the admins you should be talking to.

17. loverschoice

loverschoice New Member

This is bad. :thumbdown

18. MAK 14

MAK 14 New Member Trusted

It's working phine phor me on Phirefox, I didn't even have to clear my cache or anything.

19. AnthonyG

A fix may have been found. Is anyone still having the '*' problem?

20. Accomplished

Accomplished New Member

Yeah, unfortunately, as AntG pointed out, the "leave 1 minute" doesn't actually do anything at all.

Not to be a smart-ass, but this kind of stuff is my career, so I can safely say that clearing the cache isn't doing the trick right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.