• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

'World class'?

Alfonso

Established Member
World Class for me is those players who consistenly play well in the big big games, i.e top of the table premiership matches, and knockout matches in CL. For example, Etto is world class has he scores and performs well in the big games, but Luis Saha isnt as he never performs well in the big games.

This also applies to defenders and goalkeepers. For example, Ashley Cole is World Class because he raises his game and performs well when it counts(e.g v Portual in Euro 2004).

patrick42uk

Established Member
henry lehmann gilberto and gallas. we have a lot of good young players that havent played long enough for that judgment to be made. IMO.

Qwxp437

Henry
Lehmann
Gilberto
Toure
Eboue
Gallas
Hleb (Best dribbler in the world)
Rosicky (nearly complete allrounder in midfield)
perhaps Fabregas too

world class = one of the best in the world (= top 5 in that certain position i would say)

Arnie

world class is somebody who is one of the best in their position, i don't like to put a numbr because sometimes there is a suplus of quality in a certain position.

Arsenal:
Henry, Lehmann, Fabregas

Man U:
Rooney, Ronaldo, Neville, Heinze

Chelsea
Sheva, Ballack, Terry, Lampard

Liverpool
Gerrard, Alonso

Qwxp437

i think you guys are underestimating Hleb and Rosicky!
as i said, Rosicky is nearly perfect, only his headding is not that good (because he is not the biggest?)!
and hleb - do you know another guy who can dribble like him?
=> both are very creative! i don`t know which players could take their place without being a loss to the team...

Fabregas is not world-class. He's great and he plays for us but we can't overrate them. CM are Pirlo, Xavi, Vieira, Gerrard...

Fabregas is sure to be one of the best ever, but he's still to young and needs to learn more.

Now Rosicky is top-notch, but in the world cup he was very irregular. He has the potential and is reaching it, its just too early to call him world-class.

Now Henry and Gallas are proven world class players. Now wonder why they are the most well paid players in our squad.

And Hleb is not the best dribbler in the world.... There are probably 20 brazilians better than him at dribbling.

If we want to be a great team, we first have to know what we have. If we keep overhyping our own players the game they don't play well will be a big dissapointment for all of us.

We have a young side with a lot of potential and only two superstars within the team: Gallas and Henry.

Djourou

from a manutd forum:

"I have seen Fabregas twice this season now, the other time was against us. If he isn't the best midfielder in the country I would like to know who is. A bit lightweight early on but when Arsenal went up he ran the show."

gomby2

Da New Kid said:
Fabregas is not world-class. He's great and he plays for us but we can't overrate them. CM are Pirlo, Xavi, Vieira, Gerrard...

Fabregas is sure to be one of the best ever, but he's still to young and needs to learn more.

Now Rosicky is top-notch, but in the world cup he was very irregular. He has the potential and is reaching it, its just too early to call him world-class.

Now Henry and Gallas are proven world class players. Now wonder why they are the most well paid players in our squad.

And Hleb is not the best dribbler in the world.... There are probably 20 brazilians better than him at dribbling.

If we want to be a great team, we first have to know what we have. If we keep overhyping our own players the game they don't play well will be a big dissapointment for all of us.

We have a young side with a lot of potential and only two superstars within the team: Gallas and Henry.

Alex Hleb is one of the best dribblers in the world. No doubt about it.

BannedKwame

Arsenal:
Henry, Gallas, and Lehmann

And just because it's been talked about,

Manchester:
Ferdinand, Heinze, VanderSar

Liverpool
Gerrard, Xabi Alonso

Chelsea:
Ballack, Cech, Terry, Drogba, Schevchenko, Cudicini

West Ham:
Mascherano

~15-18 world class players in the EPL.

Gurgen

Established Member
Cudicini :lol:

Probably the most overrated player on earth. Has gifted every Premiership team countless amounts of goals and is still considered a great player. Don't know how he does it.

Anywho, world class players at Arsenal: Lehmann, Gallas, Hleb, Henry.

Soler

Established Member
I dunno if he's the most overrated player on earth.

Lampard plays for the same club. ;)

Lukazan

Established Member
We've actually got alot of world class players in our squad, IMO. More so than most other teams.

Henry, Gallas, Toure, Hleb, Rosicky Lehmann and Gilberto.

Fabregas, Eboue, RVP and a few others all have the potential to be there.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Djourou said:
from a manutd forum:

"I have seen Fabregas twice this season now, the other time was against us. If he isn't the best midfielder in the country I would like to know who is. A bit lightweight early on but when Arsenal went up he ran the show."

that proves it all really!

I would liek to see waht Barca fans are writing on their forums LoL they must be heartbroken

PaulDavis said:
Thierry Henry
Kolo Toure
William Gallas
Tomas Rosicky

One of the best in their respective position.

I would add FAbregas to the mix aswell

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Cesc probably is VERY close to being the best MF in this country. I would say he is.

For me a WC player is one that could walk into the top tier teams and get in their 16.

So we've got a lot.

I'm inclined to agree with LuKaZaN's assessment. He's missed Henry though :D

BannedKwame

Gurgen said:

Probably the most overrated player on earth. Has gifted every Premiership team countless amounts of goals and is still considered a great player. Don't know how he does it.
So did Barthez, but it never stopped him being one of the very best. I don't think there are that many golakeepers better than Cudicini. Overrated is a ****ing whore of a word, let's just say you disagree with my opinion, and that that I think your within this particular context is completely ill formed.

kel varnsen

Established Member
imo a world class player is someone who can basically get into any team in the world (without weakening the side).

at arsenal henry, gallas, lehmann and rosicky are definately world class. imo, hleb, toure, fabregas and eboue can be said to be world class footballers as well.

ricky1985

Established Member
I think at the top clubs the number of world class players is what makes all the difference as squads are all very similar.

Arsenal;

Henry - the best there is, was and will be.
Gallas - excelled at every level and is one of the most consistent in the world.
Toure - is awesome, anyone who says hes not world class needs there head testing.
Lehman - not many better in the world.

I think there are some players at Arsenal who will by the end of the season confirm thereselves as 'world class'.

Fabregas - still has bad games, but will be the best.
Rosicky - just needs to keep doing what hes doing for the rest of the season
Hleb - same as Rosicky
Eboue - carry on where he left off before his injury for the rest of this season and he'll be world class.
RVP - got the ability just needs the consistency.

Once these players become 'wold class'
we will have the best team in the world. and will be even better than the 'invincibles' were. But at the moment we're not quite there, if you look at the unbeaten team we had;

Campbell
Cole
Vieira
Pires
maybe Ljungberg
Henry

who were all 'world class' and in there prime.

Gurgen

Established Member
BannedKwame said:
Gurgen said:

So did Barthez, but it never stopped him being one of the very best. I don't think there are that many golakeepers better than Cudicini. Overrated is a f****g whore of a word, let's just say you disagree with my opinion, and that that I think your within this particular context is completely ill formed.

Actually, it did stop him from being one of the very best. Barthez was a total clown who happened to play one good tournament. ManU realized this and let him go. He was picked for France on reputation, just like the other grandpa's.

You don't drop shots every other game and be world class, sorry. It costs your team points.

Top Bottom