'World class'?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by themyth, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Lehmann1

Lehmann1 New Member

For me these guys are

Lehmann - He has improved and is a consistent performer for club and country.

Henry- Obviously

Toure - He plays with heart and determination but also has the superb defending ability to back this up.

Rosicky- I think Tommy is yet to reach his peak but he's always a player I have considered world class

Gallas - I always thought he was one of the best even though he was at Chelsea. He can play in a number of different positions and not look out of place

Gilberto - For what is expected from a holding midfielder he does this very well. His performances against Riquelme showed he is one of the best at his job

I considered putting Fab in because there are so many games I can think of where his passing and vision have amazed me but at the moment I'd rather not call him world class. He will get better and will be one of the best players of his generation but the best is yet to come from him

2. Qwxp437

Qwxp437 New Member

off topic, but pires...! in the unbeaten season (1 year + and 1 - ) he was THE worlds best!

i don`t remember who wrote it, but if you think there are 20 dribblers from brasil who are better then Hleb - why has no club signed one of them...? plz tell Arsène where to find them!

3. bojed

bojed AM Resident Joker #1 Trusted

i really love it when people like to say "i can find 20 other strikers better than him" or "i can name 30 dribblers from brazil that are better than him"....

instead of saying figures, how 'bout providing us the names of those players? we could have some good arguments if we have clear examples to be compared and analyzed...

4. PaulDavis

PaulDavis New Member

I wouldn't add him in as yet till he goes onto the bigger stages (World Cup, European Championship etc ..) and shines. He is still very much in the shadow of Xavi and Xabi Alonso in the Spain squad.

5. Alfonso

Alfonso New Member Elite

Is Drogba world class now?

6. gunnerGH

gunnerGH New Member

We have three world class players in our squad:

Henry
    Lehmann
    Toure

Fabregas isnt world class yet and Van persie is too inconsistent to be world class

7. gunnerGH

gunnerGH New Member

Ronaldinho has nothing on hleb. Haha

8. Mr. Hotshot

Mr. Hotshot New Member

Basically, World Class is if you are able to put up a brilliant and consistent performance in every major competition you play in. But nowadays, popularity can also make you become World Class.

For Arsenal, I think these guys are world class:

Thierry Henry
    Tomasz Rosicky
    William Gallas
    Gilberto
    Fabregas
    RVP

9. jackycreegs

jackycreegs New Member

People here seem to rate Hleb as a better player than Fabregas, which I find a little bizarre. Hleb's a good player, but he gives the ball away too much - whereas Fabregas is just outrageously good.

10. 11vanpersie

11vanpersie New Member

from wikipedia! generally i dont agree with that though because henry is world class and he is over 21 but then again when you see a kid as special as fabregas, torres or denilson you call them world class! because you know they will become world class! if that makes any sense :)

11. xpavel

xpavel New Member

man read the wikipedia properly... it is about "prospect" or young player... this is not about "World Class" but about to "promise" to be world class... so Henry can´t fit here because he is not prospect (youngster) any more:)

12. 11vanpersie

11vanpersie New Member

:roll: i was talking about that sorry if i phrased it wrong 8)

13. Young Gooner

Young Gooner New Member

www.thegoonerforum.moonfruit.com

By Benni_S

14. hleb

hleb New Member

We just need to win the Big One to be classed up there with the likes of Real, Barcelona , Milan. IMO if we hit our potential we can be the most dominant force of our decade. Just wish Thierry was 25, not 29...