• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

World Cup with 48 teams in 2026

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The group stages are bad enough, most games are snooze fests, this is going to be that on steroids.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
At first I thought it wasn't good news but as things stand Arteta will be around with us in 2026 so I had to reconsider my position

The less Artetaball the better so yeah, give me more world cup instead.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The group stages are bad enough, most games are snooze fests, this is going to be that on steroids.

I don't mind the group stages. It's a fun week of constant games for the first two rounds, it's just a nice vibe.

I'm kinda missing it already.

You add more teams and it ruins that. You'd have 2 games on at the same time, not a lot of good teams playing etc.

And it's not like it'll be a bunch of African and Asian teams, which would make it somewhat more interesting, but it'll be more European teams.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don't mind the group stages. It's a fun week of constant games for the first two rounds, it's just a nice vibe.

I'm kinda missing it already.

You add more teams and it ruins that. You'd have 2 games on at the same time, not a lot of good teams playing etc.

And it's not like it'll be a bunch of African and Asian teams, which would make it somewhat more interesting, but it'll be more European teams.

Literally, when we’re sat watching Slovakia v Slovenia trust me we’re all gonna curse this new format

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Literally, when we’re sat watching Slovakia v Slovenia trust me we’re all gonna curse this new format

Yup.

Again, I'm down for having more African teams represented, for instance. Think it's important for the game and they're usually a good watch in the wc, with a good conveyor belt of talent.

But some European teams are just dreadful right now.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
The key is not running the matches at the same time

Give me whole days of football, the body painfully begging for sleep but the brain refusing it because Gabon is about to play vs Slovenia to decide Group M

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
These same time last round of group stage matches are so good as we saw today. Of course fifa finds a way to spoil that.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yup.

Again, I'm down for having more African teams represented, for instance. Think it's important for the game and they're usually a good watch in the wc, with a good conveyor belt of talent.

But some European teams are just dreadful right now.

Was shocked that the Danish side which bossed the Euros just last year got easily handled by Australia.

Had me questioning what I know

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why are there concerns for players with what is at most one extra game? Playing at a World Cup is one of the highest privileges. If you’re lucky you might get to play in 3/4.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
giphy.gif

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Finally will maybe see my country play the world cup but still it will result extremely unnecessary boring games specially in group stage.

Also there no way you can play world cup of 48 teams in space of one month unless they play 8 games a day and put 2 games at same time

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Finally will maybe see my country play the world cup but still it will result extremely unnecessary boring games specially in group stage.

Also there no way you can play world cup of 48 teams in space of one month unless they play 8 games a day and put 2 games at same time

I mean it’s cool for smaller teams, my national team is a small country, but the World Cup isn’t a charity it’s the f*cking World Cup, if you a small country tough luck you shouldn’t be at the rodeo.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Potentially two points for a draw doesn’t seem great, even more incentive to just sit back with the occasional counter.

Sounds like they want to engineer some final day tension where the shootout could see you progress/ go home.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom