• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst Arsenal memory?

What is your worst Arsenal memory?

• Total voters

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

CL final for me. The only time I saw Barcelona's 2 goals was that night. Have not seen them since. Always turn the tv over if there's a chance they will come on.

Special mention to Wayne Bridge in 2004. I can remember I was eating Kung Pao chicken at the time. Almost put me off it for life.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
This useless club is the reason why my hairline abandoned me at age 23. But I love this club through the good and the really bad.
1. That fateful day in Paris. Enough said.
2. The 8-2 at Old Toilet was mortifying, going into school the next day as an Arsenal fan was like a black man going to a KKK rally. To this day, I still haven’t watched all the goals, it actually boils my blood and that basically made me Wenger out.
3. The 6-0 against Chelsea, mate, I wanted blood. Wenger getting bullied by Mourinho once again was just a sad sight to see. To top it off, some casual racism by the referee to send off the wrong mixed race football was definitely a highlight.
4. The Bradford game. How the hell did Gervinho miss that? I didn’t even know it was possible a professional footballer could miss like that.
5. Those games against Bayern when we got slapped up 10-2.
6. RVP going to United
7. The day we gave Xhaka a contract extension.
8. The 4-1 against Chelsea in Baku. Kinda funny, the guy who we called a donkey for years bullied our defence to win them the game. It really was a moment of humble pie.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Got to be the Wayne Bridge one for me. Was only about10 at the time and I went full meltdown. Threw a mad tantrum and shouted the house down. Was close to tears. Champions league was obviously upsetting, but I was kinda prepared for the worst after the Lehmann sending off. Refs are always screwing us vs Barca ffs. Ref should of just let play go on and given them the goal.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I genuinely hadn’t seen the Obafemi Martins goal from when it happened until I made this post.

Probably the same with the Wayne Bridge goal.
Part of me wants to revisit/watch that stuff for the first time but is there really any point in going through that pain?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Top 3 for me is Cl final, Wayne bridge and 01 fa cup final.. Nothing will ever beat the Cl final pain (in football) though.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

In descending order from catastrophic to terrible:

1. That night in Paris back in 2006. Eto'o was offside for his goal & I will forever maintain that.

2. That night at Elland Road back in 1999 (I loathe that ground). Hasselbaink has always been a thorn in our side.

3. Wayne Bridge humbling us at Highbury.

4. Being pegged back by United in the title charge in 2003. We handed them the initiative.

5. Nayim, the spud ****er, back in 1995.

Last edited:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
CL final. We were finally going to join the big league by winning the CL. We had done it the hard way beating some very big teams on the way. When Lehmann was sent off I thought we'd had it but after that what a performance. They were lions.

Sol's goal, immense. The cruelty was I dared to dream as time went by, and we got to the 70th minute and they weren't creating gilt-edged chances whereas we had a couple. It was a hot evening but sat in my Arsenal shirt suffering with the team and drinking desperately. A bottle of 40+ vintage port which I'd bought years ago for the purpose waiting to be opened.

And then it was all dashed. I managed not to cry but I cried internally and I think I knew that in the brave new world of oligarch owners that was probably our last chance of winning this trophy in the foreseeable future. One kick away. They did not deserve it. We deserved it but we didn't win it.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Close between the final and being beaten by Utd in 08 QF (Diaby's peformance in the first leg still haunts me to this very day).

quattro

losing to chelsea in the CL during the invincible season at home. forget 06 as beating that barcelona team was even then quite unlikely. imagine a semi against porto and potentially a final against monaco with what was our strongest team in living memory.

Top Bottom