Worst Arsenal memory?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Rex Banter, Sep 23, 2019.

?

What is your worst Arsenal memory?

1. CL Quarter Final 2007/08

7.2%
  2. Gallas meltdown vs Birmingham

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. CL Final 2006

65.2%
  4. EFL Final 2011

1.4%
  5. 8-2

7.2%
  6. Wayne Bridge 2004

4.3%
  7. Fabregas and Nasri Leaving

1.4%
  8. RVP Leaving

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 6-0 in Wenger’s 1000th game

7.2%
  10. Other: (10-2, collapsing on three fronts in 2010/11 etc)

5.8%
  1. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

As soon as He hit that I knew seaman was gonna have issues with it, couldn't get any sleep that night...

GDeep™ likes this.
  2. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

CL final for me. The only time I saw Barcelona's 2 goals was that night. Have not seen them since. Always turn the tv over if there's a chance they will come on.

Special mention to Wayne Bridge in 2004. I can remember I was eating Kung Pao chicken at the time. Almost put me off it for life.

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  3. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

This useless club is the reason why my hairline abandoned me at age 23. But I love this club through the good and the really bad.
    1. That fateful day in Paris. Enough said.
    2. The 8-2 at Old Toilet was mortifying, going into school the next day as an Arsenal fan was like a black man going to a KKK rally. To this day, I still haven’t watched all the goals, it actually boils my blood and that basically made me Wenger out.
    3. The 6-0 against Chelsea, mate, I wanted blood. Wenger getting bullied by Mourinho once again was just a sad sight to see. To top it off, some casual racism by the referee to send off the wrong mixed race football was definitely a highlight.
    4. The Bradford game. How the hell did Gervinho miss that? I didn’t even know it was possible a professional footballer could miss like that.
    5. Those games against Bayern when we got slapped up 10-2.
    6. RVP going to United
    7. The day we gave Xhaka a contract extension.
    8. The 4-1 against Chelsea in Baku. Kinda funny, the guy who we called a donkey for years bullied our defence to win them the game. It really was a moment of humble pie.

BigPoppaPump and Red London like this.
  4. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

What was the Wayne Bridge incident?

5. Gunner boy dd

Gunner boy dd Coronavirus Truther

Got to be the Wayne Bridge one for me. Was only about10 at the time and I went full meltdown. Threw a mad tantrum and shouted the house down. Was close to tears. Champions league was obviously upsetting, but I was kinda prepared for the worst after the Lehmann sending off. Refs are always screwing us vs Barca ffs. Ref should of just let play go on and given them the goal.

6. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

UEFA Cup final in 2000 is another one too. Turned my bedroom upside down after that.

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  7. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

Part of me wants to revisit/watch that stuff for the first time but is there really any point in going through that pain?

Rex Banter likes this.
  8. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

CL for me, Henry clean through, I was already celebrating. I am 100% certain another dimension exists where he scored and we won the game. What we are inhabiting right now is the darkest timeline.

9. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

I am currently experiencing my 2nd worst memory "A server error has occured"

BigPoppaPump and Sapient Hawk like this.
  10. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Top 3 for me is Cl final, Wayne bridge and 01 fa cup final.. Nothing will ever beat the Cl final pain (in football) though.

celestis likes this.
  11. PoleInGoal

PoleInGoal Well-Known Member

Can I vote for this thread?

12. Gunner boy dd

Gunner boy dd Coronavirus Truther

MODS PLEASE CAN U SORT THE ERRORS OUT, I CAN HARDLY USE THE FORUM ANYMORE FFS, EVERY 2 SECONDS ITS ERRORS

freeglennhelder2 and Wrighty4eva like this.
  13. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk The Reason We're Out of Europe

In descending order from catastrophic to terrible:

1. That night in Paris back in 2006. Eto'o was offside for his goal & I will forever maintain that.

2. That night at Elland Road back in 1999 (I loathe that ground). Hasselbaink has always been a thorn in our side.

3. Wayne Bridge humbling us at Highbury.

4. Being pegged back by United in the title charge in 2003. We handed them the initiative.

5. Nayim, the spud ****er, back in 1995.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  14. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

CL final. We were finally going to join the big league by winning the CL. We had done it the hard way beating some very big teams on the way. When Lehmann was sent off I thought we'd had it but after that what a performance. They were lions.

Sol's goal, immense. The cruelty was I dared to dream as time went by, and we got to the 70th minute and they weren't creating gilt-edged chances whereas we had a couple. It was a hot evening but sat in my Arsenal shirt suffering with the team and drinking desperately. A bottle of 40+ vintage port which I'd bought years ago for the purpose waiting to be opened.

And then it was all dashed. I managed not to cry but I cried internally and I think I knew that in the brave new world of oligarch owners that was probably our last chance of winning this trophy in the foreseeable future. One kick away. They did not deserve it. We deserved it but we didn't win it.

15. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Close between the final and being beaten by Utd in 08 QF (Diaby's peformance in the first leg still haunts me to this very day).

16. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Please close this thread, I don't want to remember stuff like these

17. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Without a doubt when the adulterer scored that wonder goal against us in the FA semi, such was my hatred for United .

18. quattro

quattro Active Member

losing to chelsea in the CL during the invincible season at home. forget 06 as beating that barcelona team was even then quite unlikely. imagine a semi against porto and potentially a final against monaco with what was our strongest team in living memory.

19. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Logging into AM and getting server issues on my mobile:mad:

krackpot and Sapient Hawk like this.
  20. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Positive thread title. Always smelling the roses, our fans