• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst Arsenal striker ever

Worst Arsenal striker ever?

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Grimandi stopped Davids (a Sp**s player at the time) possibly scoring the winner in Bergkanp's testimonial, so he gets points for that.

TheDrunkenMaster

So for me it's...

Worst keeper - Almunia
Worst defender - Mustafi
Worst midfielder - Torreira
Worst attacker - Gervinho

...we have actually been pretty good with our midfield signings, thinking about it.
That’s a bit harsh on Gervinho he wasn’t that bad and had decent spell for us. I would also put Denilson in there over Torreira.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Nah, Grimamdi was decent for us as a bit part player. We have certainly had few dodgy ones, but midfield has usually been area where we have always had good players.

Goalkeepers we've had more than a few bad uns. Tbh I still can't understand how Almunia remained number 1 for so long. He was awful.

Defenders also we've suffered some horrendous players but the one who really makes me cringe & shudder just thinking about is Mustafi. I mean the guy was a calamity. Awful awful player & one part of the 'chuckle brothers', the other being David Luiz.

Gervinho for me was the Mustafi of forwards. Just painful to watch & frankly embarrassing.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Well duly **** off!!! You can't be serious. We've watched Wreh, Sanogo, Chamakh and a host of completely inept blokes, and you pick one of the most merited players to ever play for Arsenal football club??!! Embarrassing.
Shame he couldn't score for toffee & actually win us a title tho.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Shame he couldn't score for toffee & actually win us a title tho.
Frank Stapleton didn't win us a league title either, but you tell me he was not a great striker. Anyone trying to say that Giroud belongs in "worst Arsenal striker" hasn't got a clue on football. It's embarrassing trying to even make that point.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Frank Stapleton didn't win us a league title either, but you tell me he was not a great striker. Anyone trying to say that Giroud belongs in "worst Arsenal striker" hasn't got a clue on football. It's embarrassing trying to even make that point.
Not disputing his status as a history making striker. Great ? No way. That word gets diluted far too much. Whilst he was with us he was average. There is no avoiding that I'm afraid. His barren run cost us a title. Facts.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not disputing his status as a history making striker. Great ? No way. That word gets diluted far too much. Whilst he was with us he was average. There is no avoiding that I'm afraid. His barren run cost us a title. Facts.
My argument was against listing him "worse striker". I'll not entertain the argument for anything else. My views on Giroud should be amply known on this forum. Whatever "facts" someone might list is of no consequence to me.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
My argument was against listing him "worse striker". I'll not entertain the argument for anything else. My views on Giroud should be amply known on this forum. Whatever "facts" someone might list is of no consequence to me.
I think they were probably baiting you mate, & you bit hard.

I agree, he's by no means the worst striker to ever play for this club.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think they were probably baiting you mate, & you bit hard.

I agree, he's by no means the worst striker to ever play for this club.
For Giroud I'll always go hard. It's always been the same at Arsenal, target men have always fared poorly. Whether it is Hartson, Alan Smith, Adebayor, or someone like Giroud. The difference is that Giroud is a much more talented striker than any of the other I mentioned. His record speaks for itself, and it is frankly ridiculous to see the flak he's gotten on AM.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Worst defender for me I think honestly was Andre Santos. One of the few arsenal players I’ve actively disliked.

GunnerUK

Sanogo did score a few important goals if memory serves me right - Dortmund in the Champion League being one of them.

But he was so average. What’s more strange Wenger personally approached him made the trip to France and convinced him to sign this in itself is madness Wenger never did this not even with Jamie Vardy which is why he didn’t sign he said “wenger never contacted him Personally” same with Aubameyang. I never know what he saw in Yaya specially while he had players like Carlos Vela at his disposal and never gave him a run in.

Wenger didn’t even have a say in PEA signing for Arsenal this was done over his head by Ivan G. Also Pepe was never wanted by Emery but Raul forced the move he had no say.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
For Giroud I'll always go hard. It's always been the same at Arsenal, target men have always fared poorly. Whether it is Hartson, Alan Smith, Adebayor, or someone like Giroud. The difference is that Giroud is a much more talented striker than any of the other I mentioned. His record speaks for itself, and it is frankly ridiculous to see the flak he's gotten on AM.
He gets flak on here because people judge him on his time HERE, which was average only & like I said, one of his regular barren runs cost us a title when Leicester won it. It's fair judgement. Anything after this is frankly irrelevant to his time with Arsenal.

I think Smith would argue he did not fare poorly. In his time with us he won 2 golden boots, 2 league titles, the FA Cup, League Cup, & the European Cup Winners Cup, in which he scored the winning goal. He also scored that vital goal at Anfield in the 'Its up for grabs now!' match. Alan Smith was an Arsenal great.

Adebayor didn't do badly either. He scored 30 goals in the season we should have won the league (07/08).

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Well duly **** off!!! You can't be serious. We've watched Wreh, Sanogo, Chamakh and a host of completely inept blokes, and you pick one of the most merited players to ever play for Arsenal football club??!! Embarrassing.

Talk about triggered lol. Like @Nunowoolmez said, you took the bait.

Saying that, I still think he was sh*t for us. Remember when he couldn’t score for 16 games when we’re tryna chase the league, only for him to score an irrelevant trick at home to Villa on the final day of the season and he has his cheek to cup his ears to the fans haha.

F*ck him.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
He gets flak on here because people judge him on his time HERE, which was average only & like I said, one of his regular barren runs cost us a title when Leicester won it. It's fair judgement. Anything after this is frankly irrelevant to his time with Arsenal.

I think Smith would argue he did not fare poorly. In his time with us he won 2 golden boots, 2 league titles, the FA Cup, League Cup, & the European Cup Winners Cup, in which he scored the winning goal. He also scored that vital goal at Anfield in the 'Its up for grabs now!' match. Alan Smith was an Arsenal great.

Adebayor didn't do badly either. He scored 30 goals in the season we should have won the league (07/08).

Spot on mate. Adebayor was quality too. Absolute c*nt though, mind.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think a CB version of this would be very tasty.

People like Silvestre, Squillaci, Cygan etc.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom