• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst Arsenal XI

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
134 years of history and every player mentioned here all picked in Wengers last years.

What a clown that Manger become. Either that or this board of posters knows f*ck all about Arsenal and only started supporting the club early 00’s like a bunch of glory hunters

You're not gonna find many 50 year olds posting on an internet forum dummy.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Started following from beginning of '98/'99 season. I remember Kaba Diawara joining on loan for a few months, right? And he hit the woodwork a lot but never scored??

Mendez I don't remember much about, same with Malz. What the hell were their supposed attributes?

Diawara was even worse then Sanogo. Couldnt score if his life depended on it and just looked so out of his depth. Had 12 league games for us and didnt score once. Later in his career he went onto to play for West Ham and Blackburn and had 16 games combined for and didnt score once. That's 28 league games without a single league goal.

Mendez in his limited peformances looked too physically weak and gave away possesion too much.

Last edited:

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Come to think of it I would swap out Wreh for Helder(he was so bloody awful and mess of a personoff the the field).

I forgot to mention Remi Garde as a honourable mention too.

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Come to rhing oit I would swap out Wreh for Helder(he was so bloody awful and mess of a personoff the the field).

I forgot to mention Remi Garde and honourable mention too.

Helder asked the NAC club doctor for sleeping pills to help him cope with the pain of his ankle injury, and swallowed all the pills at once while parked in his car by a motorway. He was discovered just in time, and his stomach was pumped in hospital.

Helder joined Arsenal from Vitesse Arnhem in February 1995, the last signing of George Graham who left the club a week later. The Dutchman already had his disorders then, but they worsened at Highbury.

Club captain Tony Adams was an alcoholic, and Paul Merson addicted to drink, drugs and gambling, while Ian Wright introduced Helder to a life of luxury, shopping on New Bond Street and West End clubbing.

The player, who has a knack of surrounding himself with the wrong advisers, says he gave friends as much as £10,000 each.

There are rumours/urban legends that he is being chased by creditors, carries a pistol and was commited to an asylum after threatening an ex girlfriend.

More of a legend than Cesc.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Say what you want about how **** most of our team is these days, but they sure as hell aren't as mentally catastrophic as those talented yet pathetic losers.

I do not miss that era one bit.
It’s crazy cause people praise that crop.

I wasn’t a big fan.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It’s crazy cause people praise that crop.

I wasn’t a big fan.
They were kids and misfits who were getting us top 4 and the KO stages of the CL.

The mentally weak argument was always short sighted and rather lazy, ultimately we just lacked experience and quality.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If you want to talk about mentally weak, let’s talk about these bums we have currently have. Luiz basically admitted it was tough for him to focus under Emery. These guys packed it in under Emery.

Last season we were pathetic when chasing top 4, couldn’t event beat bum teams, then we got embarrassed in the CL.

This team has had 210M plus spent on it in the last two summer windows, and months before Wenger left we signed Auba, so you can argue the “new cycle” has had close to 300M spent on it and they’ve flopped.

I’ll say the current team is the weakest I have ever seen, in terms of commitment, mentality, fight, quality. This is a team not made up of kids from France and Africa, we’ve been signing experience from good leagues and good reputations.

Shalmaneser V

Worst XI picks itself really:

_________Taylor
Jenks_Stepanovs_Squillaci_Santos
__Frimpong_Denilson_Xhaka
Eboue_____Sanogo____Diawara

Subs: Almunia, Djourou, Mustafi, Wreh, Garde, Grimandi, Jeffers

The likes of Suarez, Inamoto, Park, Bischoff, Miyachi, Kallstrom etc didn’t play enough to be considered IMO.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If you want to talk about mentally weak, let’s talk about these bums we have currently have. Luiz basically admitted it was tough for him to focus under Emery. These guys packed it in under Emery.

Last season we were pathetic when chasing top 4, couldn’t event beat bum teams, then we got embarrassed in the CL.

This team has had 210M plus spent on it in the last two summer windows, and months before Wenger left we signed Auba, so you can argue the “new cycle” has had close to 300M spent on it and they’ve flopped.

I’ll say the current team is the weakest I have ever seen, in terms of commitment, mentality, fight, quality. This is a team not made up of kids from France and Africa, we’ve been signing experience from good leagues and good reputations.
All that said, it’s all the same to me.

I wasn’t really a fan of the kids
I’m not a fan of the players now really.

All have similar traits there’s not that much difference, all losers.

GDeep™

League is very weak
All that said, it’s all the same to me.

I wasn’t really a fan of the kids
I’m not a fan of the players now really.

All have similar traits there’s not that much difference, all losers.
Fair enough, for me the kids period delivered what it was supposed to, so it was a success. Buy cheap, get top 4, sell to pay off stadium etc.

If anything, they overachieved with getting to last 16 of CL regularly, playing great football etc.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This era is the real bum era, spent more than ever in our history last summer, 300M nearly in 2.5 years etc and the squad is full of bums. No fight, no passion, lads can’t even pass, play **** football, just pure bum mania atm.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsène's era's at Arsenal...for me at least:

1. 1996/2006 - should have won more, but always around competing at the top, can't complain.

2. 2006/2013 - became a 3rd/4th place team during this period, always hit our targets really, could have won some trophies but more or less finished where we should have, can't complain.

3. 2013/2018 - great to win some trophies again, but from summer 2015 on terrible really, definitely contributed to the position we are now in (not completely obviously, but anyone who thinks Arsène is blameless is also biased, what he did from 2015/2016 on was poor).

Guess the young player era in the middle gets a lot of criticism because it immediately followed our peak era, which I get...though I enjoyed it to a degree, some annoying moments obviously, but some great football at least...only time I have been really annoyed at an Arsenal team is the last 5 years really.

Moah

Yes, this is the least dedicated and worst performing side I have ever seen.

The only time a Wenger team lost its fighting spirit and any sense of courage was his last year. And even that side would be a better team from this pile of crap.

Moah

Arsène's era's at Arsenal...for me at least:

1. 1996/2006 - should have won more, but always around competing at the top, can't complain.

2. 2006/2013 - became a 3rd/4th place team during this period, always hit our targets really, could have won some trophies but more or less finished where we should have, can't complain.

3. 2013/2018 - great to win some trophies again, but from summer 2015 on terrible really, definitely contributed to the position we are now in (not completely obviously, but anyone who thinks Arsène is blameless is also biased, what he did from 2015/2016 on was poor).

Guess the young player era in the middle gets a lot of criticism because it immediately followed our peak era, which I get...though I enjoyed it to a degree, some annoying moments obviously, but some great football at least...only time I have been really annoyed at an Arsenal team is the last 5 years really.
A 2006 champions league trophy would have changed the team forever. If only...

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

You're right. I hate both eras passionately. But at least we had technically gifted players back then.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom