• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst manager in the PL

Worst manager in the PL?

• Neil Warnock

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Mark Hughes

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Claude Puel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Woy Hodgson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Checking on Hodgson's record I found he won the Swedish league several times with Malmo and, more impressively, twice with Halmstads which, notwithstanding it's where we got Freddie Ljungberg from, is not one of Sweden's big clubs.

He almost won the league in Switzerland with Neuchatel Xamax, again not one of the big boys. His time at Inter was not a great success but he did take them to a UEFA Cup final, which they lost on penalties. Know the feeling.

In Denmark he won trophies with Copenhagen FC. In England he took Fulham to their highest ever league finish and to a UEFA Cup final - narrowly losing in 87th minute to Atletico Madrid.

I think he is often judges on his failure at Blackburn which was, to my mind, relative and Liverpool. After winning the Premier League things started coming unstuck immediately for Blackburn with their appalling European campaign. When Woy arrived this was a team on the way down with owner Jack Walker putting less money into the team whilst others started spending big. First season was still ok.

Didn't cover himself with glory in the England team but qualified for all the finals he could have and took them to their highest FIFA ranking ever - as he did with Finland.

He may not have had great success in a top league but he has won leagues in three middle-ranking (football-wise) European countries. Definitely not a failure.

say yes

forum master baiter
Claude Puel is a diabolical shout. He finished 8th with Southampton who then sacked him and nearly got relegated. And he finished what, 9th last year? Nowhere near the worst.

Given his resources, I think you'd probably have to say currently it's Mourinho. Last year, it would have been Wenger.

Each to their own, I think he's hopeless.

8th sounds impressive in isolation but the table was incredibly congested that year; he was only 6 points (46) ahead of Watford in 17th (40) which was a dramatic fall from grace considering how good Southampton has been under Pocchetino and Koeman.

Southampton declined massively under him, 17 fewer points than under Koeman and one of the worst goalscoring records in the league. Awful style of play too, genuinely not sure what he's supposed to be good at.

He's now transposing his awful style of play onto Leicester. Surprised he wasn't sacked over summer given how rubbish they were last year and doubt it's long before he gets the chop this time around.

say yes

forum master baiter
Jokanovic is harsh considering the sample size imo.

Agreed, thus why I didn't include him in the poll originally.

His record in the Championship is pretty fantastic, not adapting to the Premiership too well at the moment but I'd rather have him in charge of my team than Warnock.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Jokanović is trying to play unrealistic football first year in the league.

Bentitez gets a free ride due to owner. Three points after ten games after finishing 10th is poor.

Top Bottom