Worst performing players of 18/19 after Mustafi

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mark Tobias, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Think Iwobi and Mhki will deservedly get a bit of stick, along with Ramsey and Özil. However, it's our comical defenders that have cost us the most points this season.

2. GDeep™

GDeep™ Protector of RonaldoMadness

Iwobi has to show more for someone who’s basically been a regular.

Heard he was great in training but can’t find the killer touch in matches.

krengon likes this.
  3. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

Very fair summary I agree with this. I'd put Lich, Cech and Monreal in a needs to retire section of their own and Iwobi might be in the pretty awful section. Depending on form Xhaka might get put in Okish as well.

Bellerin can be between good job and Okish.

tap-in likes this.
  4. GDeep™

Özil hasn’t been awful though? Even yesterday created chances when he came on.

Mitch and blaze_of_glory like this.
  5. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

His overall contribution to the season.

6. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Naturally, and until he's gone.

7. GDeep™

Not going anywhere.

8. tap-in

tap-in :-)

I agree re Bellerin, I missed him out due to his injury being a while ago, same with Holding, both would be in my Ok ish category, Holding maybe higher. Re Xhaka, he still does the poor stuff like he did on Sun, just passes to the opposition due to lack of concentration, that's why I marked him down.

9. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Disappointing to see so many people picking Iwobi. Worst performing player contender, really? :lol:

Heskey, Beksl, Jae and 4 others like this.
  10. Jury

It's ridiculous. For all his inconsistency--and he has been--I think he went up a level this year.

11. Jury

He's going to the reserves if he wants to dig his heels in. He'll want answers in the summer, he'll get them, and he'll be on the first plane to Pissweakspor.

12. GDeep™

Happy to see him leave tbh, if the manager doesn’t fancy him you have to back the manager.

13. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Disappointing thread, contender for worst performing thread of 18/19 so far.

ArsenalFever likes this.
  14. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

You can't exclude Özil and then put in Iwobi.

For me Lichsteiner so far is definitely the worst, Mustafi pretty close second. None of the rest have been that bad or that great either there's a whole lot of average in there with maybe 4/5 really good performers.

15. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

I actually think he was very stable in the last few games, but he did have enough of crap performances for some people to put him here. I have him on my best 5 players in the other thread but I would put him here as well :D

16. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

Up a level from what though? Last year? Truth is both him and Bellerin who everyone has been hyping up haven't been as good as when they broke through. They are just performing better than last year when they were woeful.

Three years as a regular you would have hoped he would have kicked on to greater height than he has, and with a new manager in charge I don't think you can just pin the blame on Wenger anymore for developments stalling.

17. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

I haven't been too impressed with Özil either but it is difficult to contribute when you're not even making the squad for a full month.

18. Brett

Brett Active Member

This kind of thread is not helpful, my opinion.

19. kraphtous

kraphtous Unai Enemy

Mustafi, Lichtsteiner, Maitland-Niles.

20. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Helpful to what? This is a forum where we specifically come to discuss Arsenal and the players who play for the club. If we can't discuss the players who are not performing well then what is the point?
    Nobody forcing you to partake..

Brett and Maybe like this.