Worst regular player of the Emirates era

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by say yes, May 1, 2019.

?

Who do you consider to be the worst (regular) player of the Emirates era?

1. Phillipe Senderos (117 apps)

2. Manuel Almunia (175 apps)

3. Emmanuel Eboue (214 apps)

4. Lord Nicklas Bendtner (171 apps)

5. Theo Walcott (397 apps)

6. Denilson (153 apps)

7. Francis Coquelin (160 apps)

8. Olivier Giroud (253 apps)

9. Alex Iwobi (146 apps)

10. Shrokdan Mustafi (111 apps)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. say yes

say yes To VAR

Inspired by Mr Bootcut’s thread.

We’ve had so many dicks playing for us of late that the only condition is that they were a regular nightmare in the side (100+ appearances).

You’re allowed up to 3 votes so that the poll has any purpose (Mustafi is a member of this elite 100-club).

Condolences to each of Gabriel Paulista (46 apps), Gervais Yao Kouassi (‘Gervinho’) (46 apps) and Mohammed Elneny (45 apps and counting) who all miss out. Odd pattern eh?

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Gooner1988TK likes this.
  2. GDeep™

GDeep™ Protector of RonaldoMadness

Don’t think Walcott/Giroud should be on the list due to output alone.

3. GDeep™

Cech has to be one of the worst. Starting for a couple seasons and making mistakes every other week and every big game.

squallman likes this.
  4. say yes

say yes To VAR

Personally agree with Walcott but he drove a lot of people crazy and there’s space for 10 players so I added him to the final slot.

Giroud 100% belongs on there. Think him and Almunia were two of the worst decisions Wenger ever made re. our playing squad. We spent years with two clowns in crucial positions constantly ruining everything.

Vardy9, Macho, sammy89 and 2 others like this.
  5. GDeep™

Hard to vote. Iwobi is a kid who’s finding his feet, guys like Bendtner/Senderos was never regular starters etc.

Almunia and Eboue had very good patches. Can’t have Walcott and Giroud because they were actually very good considering everything.

6. progman07

progman07 Well-Known Member

Putting Walcott and Giroud on the list is a bit of a joke.

You would not hear an opposition praise the other guys on the list like Barca did to Theo. The guy was a huge force before his knee injuries, even though he was always a limited player he had many great games and changed the game from the bench several times, especially in big games.

sammy89, krackpot and krengon like this.
  7. GDeep™

Giroud was the most frustrating player and the player who maybe held us back the most.

From all the senior regular starters, he was probably the worst, despite him being cheap and chipping in with goals.

Mitch and say yes like this.
  8. GDeep™

Nah nah, can’t be Giroud. When you’ve had people like Cech, Gibbs, Mustafi etc being regulars, Giroud was much better.

9. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

I’m harsh to Giroud but it’s unfair to say he was the worst, he scored goals and played good games. He just wasn’t good enough to be first choice, solid back up striker we relied on to be first choice.

The answer is Almunia and if you vote any different you have an agenda.

Wiltord's left boot likes this.
  10. Check

Check Active Member

It's definitely Mustafi. As much as I was frustated when Giroud was a regular starter, he had some good patches and scored more than 100 goals for Arsenal, same goes for Walcott. Mustafi has literally been **** the whole time he's here.

11. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

Poor list mate, most of these guys were never here to play important role for us.

Biggest disappointments for me would be one of Xhaka/Mustafi, expensive players who played big part in our transition out of top 4.

From cheap players, I think Denilson/Elneny were absolutely awful.

You definitely miss Squillaci adn Chamakh on the list instead of Walcott and Giroud.

sammy89 and Gooner1988TK like this.
  12. say yes

say yes To VAR

Neither Squillaci or Chamakh have over 100 appearances for us.

13. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

Typical of Say Yes to miss the obvious one out and the one i'd pick which is Gael Clichy. Never got slated the way his performances deserved. Pathetic full back.

14. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Quality wise Elneny is the worst player I've ever seen in Arsenal shirt.

Juat gonna leave it at there.

15. RandomHero84

RandomHero84 Well-Known Member

Amaury Bischoff.

16. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Xhaka should be on that list. Mustafi wins the vote all day long though.

RacingPhoton likes this.
  17. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

He was a good defender, but never knew what to do once he was out of his own half.

sammy89 likes this.
  18. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

Nani disagrees with the first half of that sentence. He was an abysmal defender.

19. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

By that argument, Xhaka should be there too.

sammy89 and Jury like this.
  20. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

That list is cringe lol can't stand Almunia, Denilson and Mustafi. Tough choice to pick one from those three but I think ill go with Almunia - such a dodgy GK.