• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst regular player of the Emirates era

Who do you consider to be the worst (regular) player of the Emirates era?

• Phillipe Senderos (117 apps)

• Manuel Almunia (175 apps)

• Emmanuel Eboue (214 apps)

• Lord Nicklas Bendtner (171 apps)

• Theo Walcott (397 apps)

• Denilson (153 apps)

• Francis Coquelin (160 apps)

• Olivier Giroud (253 apps)

• Alex Iwobi (146 apps)

• Shrokdan Mustafi (111 apps)

Results are only viewable after voting.

say yes

forum master baiter
Inspired by Mr Bootcut’s thread.

We’ve had so many dicks playing for us of late that the only condition is that they were a regular nightmare in the side (100+ appearances).

You’re allowed up to 3 votes so that the poll has any purpose (Mustafi is a member of this elite 100-club).

Condolences to each of Gabriel Paulista (46 apps), Gervais Yao Kouassi (‘Gervinho’) (46 apps) and Mohammed Elneny (45 apps and counting) who all miss out. Odd pattern eh?

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Cech has to be one of the worst. Starting for a couple seasons and making mistakes every other week and every big game.

say yes

forum master baiter
Don’t think Walcott/Giroud should be on the list due to output alone.

Personally agree with Walcott but he drove a lot of people crazy and there’s space for 10 players so I added him to the final slot.

Giroud 100% belongs on there. Think him and Almunia were two of the worst decisions Wenger ever made re. our playing squad. We spent years with two clowns in crucial positions constantly ruining everything.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hard to vote. Iwobi is a kid who’s finding his feet, guys like Bendtner/Senderos was never regular starters etc.

Almunia and Eboue had very good patches. Can’t have Walcott and Giroud because they were actually very good considering everything.

progman07

Established Member
Putting Walcott and Giroud on the list is a bit of a joke.

“I can only speak from experience but he was one of the most dangerous players I have ever played against,” said Messi. “Barcelona players are not scared easily but I can tell you that when we played Arsenal last season he truly worried us.”

Pep Guardiola, the Barcelona manager, described Walcott as quicker than “our whole team put together”.
“When we were playing Arsenal at the Emirates we were so in control of the game at 2-0, with all respect Arsenal were not even in the game,” said Messi.

“Then Theo came on and changed the game. He pretty much single-handedly salvaged a draw that night.”

You would not hear an opposition praise the other guys on the list like Barca did to Theo. The guy was a huge force before his knee injuries, even though he was always a limited player he had many great games and changed the game from the bench several times, especially in big games.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Giroud was the most frustrating player and the player who maybe held us back the most.

From all the senior regular starters, he was probably the worst, despite him being cheap and chipping in with goals.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I’m harsh to Giroud but it’s unfair to say he was the worst, he scored goals and played good games. He just wasn’t good enough to be first choice, solid back up striker we relied on to be first choice.

The answer is Almunia and if you vote any different you have an agenda.

Check

It's definitely Mustafi. As much as I was frustated when Giroud was a regular starter, he had some good patches and scored more than 100 goals for Arsenal, same goes for Walcott. Mustafi has literally been **** the whole time he's here.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Poor list mate, most of these guys were never here to play important role for us.

Biggest disappointments for me would be one of Xhaka/Mustafi, expensive players who played big part in our transition out of top 4.

From cheap players, I think Denilson/Elneny were absolutely awful.

You definitely miss Squillaci adn Chamakh on the list instead of Walcott and Giroud.

say yes

forum master baiter
Poor list mate, most of these guys were never here to play important role for us.

Biggest disappointments for me would be one of Xhaka/Mustafi, expensive players who played big part in our transition out of top 4.

From cheap players, I think Denilson/Elneny were absolutely awful.

You definitely miss Squillaci adn Chamakh on the list instead of Walcott and Giroud.

Neither Squillaci or Chamakh have over 100 appearances for us.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Typical of Say Yes to miss the obvious one out and the one i'd pick which is Gael Clichy. Never got slated the way his performances deserved. Pathetic full back.
He was a good defender, but never knew what to do once he was out of his own half.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Personally agree with Walcott but he drove a lot of people crazy and there’s space for 10 players so I added him to the final slot.

Giroud 100% belongs on there. Think him and Almunia were two of the worst decisions Wenger ever made re. our playing squad. We spent years with two clowns in crucial positions constantly ruining everything.
By that argument, Xhaka should be there too.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
That list is cringe lol can't stand Almunia, Denilson and Mustafi. Tough choice to pick one from those three but I think ill go with Almunia - such a dodgy GK.

Latest posts

Top Bottom