• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst regular player of the Emirates era

Who do you consider to be the worst (regular) player of the Emirates era?

• Phillipe Senderos (117 apps)

• Manuel Almunia (175 apps)

• Emmanuel Eboue (214 apps)

• Lord Nicklas Bendtner (171 apps)

• Theo Walcott (397 apps)

• Denilson (153 apps)

• Francis Coquelin (160 apps)

• Olivier Giroud (253 apps)

• Alex Iwobi (146 apps)

• Shrokdan Mustafi (111 apps)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jovi

Almunia picks itself. Should never have been first choice for years. Unbelievable really.

The other 2 are Denilson and Iwobi. They never contributed to anything. Not their fault they got as many games as they did though but they were never good enough.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What about Cech? He was worse than Almunua. Made mistakes in nearly every big game.

Pathetic at times.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
We’ve had so many dicks playing for us of late that the only condition is that they were a regular nightmare in the side (100+ appearances).
Love how so many people are ignoring this specific criteria with their suggestions :lol:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Tough one. I went for Mustafi as not only is he **** but he's a **** on the pitch and doesn't learn. And his price tag. Most of the others were bad but not proper first teamers and one of our record signings. Almunia in second as he was here so ****ing long before we got rid.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Typical of Say Yes to miss the obvious one out and the one i'd pick which is Gael Clichy. Never got slated the way his performances deserved. Pathetic full back.

He had nothing going for him apart from speed. Weak, dumb and couldn’t cross.

Now imagine how bad Gibbs was that he was worse than Clichy and injury prone. Now wonder Gibbs got relegated and stayed in the Championship after he left Arsenal.

FluffyDoozi

Surprised no-one has mentioned Özil going by how fans seem obsessed with him.
In all seriousness,that's a very poor list. Giroud and Walcott were good players. Coquelin was limited but not that bad and neither is Iwobi. Eboue was once the best right back in the league before Wenger ****ed up by trying to make him an attacker and he's confidence was shattered.

Personally my top 10 would be Denilson, Squillaci, Santos, Silvestre, Elneny, Alumunia, second spell Flamini, Bendtner, Denilson and Denilson.
Man Denilson was absolute poverty but he also had a couple of fans who would praise he's side ways and backward passes under the guise that he was a deeplying playmaker.
To think that people would compare Arteta to Denilson......

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

I'll let Jens Lehmann speak for me on Almunia

"When I see Almunia's performances, I get angry and have to make a fist in my pocket"

How he played so many games for us I do not know. Beaten at his near post by Samuel Eto'o in the Champion's league final and then again four minutes later when he let the ball through his legs again at the near post. We should have just left him in Paris that night. Would have saved watching mediocrity between the sticks for another 100 odd games.

My other vote went to Mustafi. No explanation needed.

baccy_man

Established Member
You could have had Cygan on that list he was not immune from blunders.
I think the worst in the last few years has got to be Mustafi for me

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Almunia is the obvious choice here. It was the most easily upgradable position during the banter era.

I mean, Mark ****ing Schwazer would've cost 3 million quid.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Special mention for Baptista who doesn’t qualify. Managed to score 4 goals at Anfield but looked like he’d never seen a football before in every other appearance.

As for the worst, Mustafi.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Just confirms what I’ve always suspected: nobody on this forum actually reads what anyone else has posted :lol:
A man reads what he wants to read and disregards the rest.

Simon and Garfunkel, The Boxer with read swapped for hear.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom