• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst regular player of the Emirates era

Who do you consider to be the worst (regular) player of the Emirates era?

• Phillipe Senderos (117 apps)

• Manuel Almunia (175 apps)

• Emmanuel Eboue (214 apps)

• Lord Nicklas Bendtner (171 apps)

• Theo Walcott (397 apps)

• Denilson (153 apps)

• Francis Coquelin (160 apps)

• Olivier Giroud (253 apps)

• Alex Iwobi (146 apps)

• Shrokdan Mustafi (111 apps)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Eboué was a great RB. And he had beeen playing in RB and performed well for many seasons.

It’s just in his final 1-2 seasons, wenger forced him to play RW. He was a **** RW for no doubt. But whenever our RB banned or injured, Eboué was played as a RB again, and he played very well in those matches.

I don’t think it’s his fault, if you keep playing messi as CB for a season and he doesn’t perform, you can’t blame messi.

I am surprised some of us can forget how good a player he was and only have a memory of a player’s final season.

Last edited:

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Even though he was a decent buy all considered and had some memorable moments, I voted for Giroud. **** going on a 16+ goalless run while Özil and Sanchez were playing well cost us probably the only chance we'll have had at winning the league for a long while to come.

Almunia next because on top of being a crap keeper, he cost us in CL. Then Mustafi because he has cost us even what little status we had left as a top club.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Theo and Giroud have no business being on this list. Elneny should be on there.

Mustafi gets my vote because of his ability to sap the confidence of any player near him. Like @Jury mentioned with Squillaci it’s like he produces waves of fear/uncertainty. I can’t remember Senderos.

Denilson=Elneny

Iwobi (pains to say) and Almunia are pretty bad as well. The rest were just somewhat inconsistent.
I nominated Iwobi not really because he’s the worst player; he’s got some very good parts of his game, but the over exposure and lack of product mean he gets my vote. He’s not responsible for anything terrible. It seems wrong when I think how much I genuinely can’t stand Mustafi, and the fact that there is still lots of hope for Iwobi, yet Mustafi should just be recycled into agricultural fertiliser immediately.

jus2nang

Mustafi is pretty bad and continuously costs us points.

But I've gone for Almunia, he cost us trophies. There's a game against West Brom IIRC that contributed to a league title challenge collapse in which he was instrumental. Always felt he could have done better in the CL final too.

I was so relieved when Szczesny xame through as it meant we didn't have to start with this guy.

I remember the feeling of dread when Szczesny broke his finger in the Nou Camp..... No other player has had that effect, the feeling of doom as the realisation creeps in that saud person is about to come on.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Eboué was a great RB. And he had beeen playing in this position and I performed well for many seasons.

It’s just in his final 1-2 seasons, wenger forced him to play RW. He was a **** RW for no doubt. But whenever we had our RB banned or injured, Eboué was played as a RB again, and he played very well in those matches.

I don’t think it’s his fault, if you keep playing messi as CB for a season and he doesn’t perform, you can’t blame messi.

I am surprised some of us can forget how good a player he was and only have a memory of a player’s final season.

No one is disputing he had a fantastic season or two bursting down the wing but his brain farts on the pitch were beyond belief. Nothing to do with being out of position, it actually made you feel there was something mentally wrong with him. Which has kinda been bourne out a bit in his personal life recently.

Maybe a bit harsh voting for him, I might flip flop and change. Great character anyway!

say yes

forum master baiter
Even though he was a decent buy all considered and had some memorable moments, I voted for Giroud. **** going on a 16+ goalless run while Özil and Sanchez were playing well cost us probably the only chance we'll have had at winning the league for a long while to come.

Almunia next because on top of being a crap keeper, he cost us in CL. Then Mustafi because he has cost us even what little status we had left as a top club.

Same three as me. I don’t think any other players have cost us as much, and as regularly, as Almunia, Giroud (remember the Monaco game?) and Mustafi did.

Despise them all.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Besides some poor games where his finishing deserted him Girouds only fault was not being on the same level as our main strikers that came before him. His goal record here of nearly 1 goal in every 2 games isn't to be sniffed at and most strikers would give right arm to have that at the top level.

I look forward to stacking up our current strikers record to his once their time here is done :cool:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
The presence of Squillaci reduced any Arsenal player that came within 30 feet of him on the pitch, to a pile of wobbly dog sh!t. Incredible how he did this.

this was the moment you had in mind right?

Gamefaced

Im sure I remember him coming up big in the game against Sp**s with a penalty save shortly before bentdner got that quick goal from the corner seconds after coming on :bounce:
Glad you remember that one occassion, I remember more often than not saveable shots going in against us with his pathetic attempts at a save. He would look at his defence with this dumb look, while they looked back at him with the 'I think you should of save that look".
We were literally a top 4 team operating with a Championship level keeper. The defence never looked like they could trust him and once they crumbled he was no help what so ever.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Glad you remember that one occassion, I remember more often than not saveable shots going in against us with his pathetic attempts at a save. He would look at his defence with this dumb look, while they looked back at him with the 'I think you should of save that look".
We were literally a top 4 team operating with a Championship level keeper. The defence never looked like they could trust him and once they crumbled he was no help what so ever.

Aye he had plenty of those moments :lol:

North_Bank_Gooner

Commander of the Coneboy Brigade
I've gone for clownmunia as my first choice, he was an awful keeper who had no business being in our starting 11 and cost us the cl final which was unforgivable. Seeing him with that no1 shirt and that stupid blonde hair brought my piss to a boil.

I hated Senderos who was one of wengers failed projects who was constantly trusted into the starting 11 and was drogbas *****.

Couldn't have a 4th choice so chose mutafi over iwobi just for being plain ****.

Wheres gervinho and chamakh?

Eboue has no business being on that list

Manberg

Predator
Mustafi is a world cup winner. I'm convinced he turned into a bad defender as a result of his time here.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Untitled.jpg

Mustafi wasn't exactly a key player for that Germany team

dave_rwr

Established Member
One player with more than 100 caps that I haven't seen mentioned once is Arshavin...

I voted for Almunia and Denilson, but I had low expectations for them so it didn't feel like quite a kick in the teeth. Arshavin came with the highest of expectations after the Euros and an insane transfer saga. Scored four against Liverpool, and then became the laziest player on the pitch for multiple seasons after that. Such a letdown for me, especially because so much of what made him not meet those expectations was just his effort. Could've been one hell of a player if he just made the most of his chance, but alas...

say yes

forum master baiter
Getting sick of all these little comments about my list. They’ve all been voted for at least once and 90% of the replacement players suggested haven’t even been eligible.

More importantly though, it’s my thread and I’ll do what I want. Thanks a lot.

Gunner-Union

I nominated Iwobi not really because he’s the worst player; he’s got some very good parts of his game, but the over exposure and lack of product mean he gets my vote. He’s not responsible for anything terrible. It seems wrong when I think how much I genuinely can’t stand Mustafi, and the fact that there is still lots of hope for Iwobi, yet Mustafi should just be recycled into agricultural fertiliser immediately.

Would you spray mustafi on your prized tulips ??

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Getting sick of all these little comments about my list. They’ve all been voted for at least once and 90% of the replacement players suggested haven’t even been eligible.

More importantly though, it’s my thread and I’ll do what I want. Thanks a lot.

So what you're saying is everyone should just make their own versions of this thread?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom