• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst takes ever

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I want to create a thread where you can post the worst footballing takes you have ever seen. A no-name football podcast said something stupid? Put it here for all to see. If you are feeling extra devious, you can post bad takes from fellow posters here and roast them (all in jest). Or use this as an opportunity to defend your bad takes. I know my boy @Trilly ain't gonna play games when it comes to Pepe.

I'll start things off:
https://x.com/backseatsmanlfc/status/1775217701268382017?s=46&t=Gc_phPDy-q1DxZLoWDMGug

The contender for the worst tweet of Football Twitter history.

RunTheTrap

I want to create a thread where you can post the worst footballing takes you have ever seen. A no-name football podcast said something stupid? Put it here for all to see. If you are feeling extra devious, you can post bad takes from fellow posters here and roast them (all in jest). Or use this as an opportunity to defend your bad takes. I know my boy @Trilly ain't gonna play games when it comes to Pepe.

I'll start things off:

The contender for the worst tweet of Football Twitter history.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
FRNdiQZWYAE9G1o

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Someone must have screenshots of those Man U fans predicting the outcome of this season

Dennis10

I'm going to completely make myself irrelevant right here. After the Carling Cup tie against Sp**s in 2007, I was so impressed with Denilson that I started arguing, to anyone who'd listen, that he was on par with Fabregas in terms of talent. I even decided to have his name on the back of my next jersey.

At the time, I didn't think it was a bad take at all. I mean, it was in my DNA to praise a defensively minded, yet technically solid midfielder like Denilson appeared to be. I did vastly overrate him though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Weeks away from finishing 8th and winning nothing in 2021, literally only 1 Prem season in our history is worse than this year (and our manager had to be sacked for taking back handed payments on transfers, that's how bad it was!) ...

We are about 9 points of 4th, with 12 games to go and have a good chance to win our first European trophy since 1994...this could end up being our best ever Emirates era season :drool:

4xn1E2.gif

...stuff like this is why I am so nervous about us doing anything now, ffs 😅

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
You said Rice can become better than Rodri. That alone is worse than anything I said in my life
He's already statistically on par with him despite being younger and having to overcome Moyes' Brexit programming. You on the other hand were fearmongering about Doku punishing us on Sunday and as recently as this season were saying 7 Hag is a better manager than Arteta. 🤣

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He's already statistically on par with him despite being younger and having to overcome Moyes' Brexit programming. You on the other hand were fearmongering about Doku punishing us on Sunday and as recently as this season were saying 7 Hag is a better manager than Arteta. 🤣
I didn’t expect us to defend so deep tbh. So Arteta shared my fear for the game.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I didn’t expect us to defend so deep tbh. So Arteta shared my fear for the game.
No you just don't understand football but contort what happens to retroactively match your silly proclamations.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Debated on this forum for years that we need a young team to move forward and got absolutely slaughtered by forum experts that "we need experience" and you can't play without a strong experienced leader.

And here we are today, the core of the team is all young players who have not reached their peak and all the guys who couldn't get enough of experienced David Luiz, Xhaka, and Auba are somehow quiet about how this young team is still in the race for the title and playing CL quarters against Bayern without "strong experienced leader"

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'm going to completely make myself irrelevant right here. After the Carling Cup tie against Sp**s in 2007, I was so impressed with Denilson that I started arguing, to anyone who'd listen, that he was on par with Fabregas in terms of talent. I even decided to have his name on the back of my next jersey.

At the time, I didn't think it was a bad take at all. I mean, it was in my DNA to praise a defensively minded, yet technically solid midfielder like Denilson appeared to be. I did vastly overrate him though.
I've said/thought Frimpong would be the new Makelele so you're good mate :lol:

RunTheTrap

My worst take here was when I called Rudiger the black Mustafi. In my defence, he was extremely rash and prone to moments of idiocy under Lampard. But then again, he was playing under Lampard, so I should have given him more grace. Anyway, that's one of my biggest howlers.

Top Bottom