• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst wenger team

patrick42uk

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
patrick.. the points surely do not lie..but they dont paint a true picture of our performance.
1-1 with Palace and WBA, 2-2 with Saints, 1-1 with City, 1-0 loss to Bolton.
This is not acceptable.

i'm a firm believer in the table always being a true reflection of your season. at the start of the season we played frighteningly and less so later on. i think our points tally is the reflection of the balance between that. not only is the points total higher than most other seasons, the goals scored too is probably the highest in wenger's reign for this stage. despite how bad we'v seemed defensively, i'm sure this wont have been the most we'v conceded at this stage of the season under wenger. IMO, there is no way this is the worst wenger team.

chris66

the worst team lost 6-1 to united, then finished something like 19 points behind them!!

At last! Somebody who seems to have followed the team for more than 5 minutes!!![/quote]

JazzG

Established Member
Good god these threads are getting worse and worse, worst Wenger team? Whoever thinks that must be having a laugh, let the season finish first FFS :roll:

famous no 10

Established Member
At the start of the season and at the end of last season i thought this was the best side I've ever seen at Arsenal, and thats going back as far as the mid-70's...injuries, confidence, contracts, Chelski and goalkeeping problems have seen us go off the boil, thats all...we are still 2nd and I think we'll stay there until the end of the season...if we win the f.a. cup and have a good run in the CL then I think we would have to agree thats a good season. In fact, a small miracle we are anywhere near challenging for anything domesticly when we are up against a multi billionaire run club.

I've seen Arsenal struggle to compete financially for many years with various clubs at various times, and we've always stayed up there with the richest: Liverpool, Blackburn, notts forest, Leeds. Man U and even Sp**s have had a fair share of money, and with the exception of Man u perhaps, we've seen them off. Now its Chelsea's turn. It won't last.

Get behind the team, one day we will look back on some of these as legends. I count myself lucky to see such incredible football, no matter how sporadic and frustrating we can be sometimes, but I'm proud to be a gooner. Good times ahead, I feel it.

solthegunner

Arnie said:
the worst team lost 6-1 to united, then finished something like 19 points behind them!!

That was the other one i was thinking of but that man utd team was a very good team who had a point to prove and stepenovs was a fault for 4 of the goals in that match. At least we had a decent keeper that season.

solthegunner

famous no 10 said:
Get behind the team, one day we will look back on some of these as legends. I count myself lucky to see such incredible football, no matter how sporadic and frustrating we can be sometimes, but I'm proud to be a gooner. Good times ahead, I feel it.

Absolutely. Dont get me wrong I look at a lot of these players now as legends and im also very proud to be a gooner, dont think because of this post i dont get behind them. What i say anonymously on the internet is very different to what i say down the pub or ground and certainly very different to what i say to opposition fans...just a way to vent a bit! Spot on post mate.

Top Bottom