• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wot no midfield!

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 29
  • Views 938
A

Anonymous

If its true that the Flamini deal is on hold due to the French not releasing his papers and Vieira off or injured and Edu not back until 15th August....just who do we have as centre midfield cover with Silva.

Chips&CurrySauce

Not only this, both Edu and Gilberto have been called up for the Brazil squad for their match against Haiti on August 18th.

I also don't understand why Edu has been given such a long break. I noticed Adriano was playing for Inter in a friendly the other day. I'm sure a 2 week break would have sufficed, its not as if he played every game for us last season. If Vieira leaves I will not feel at all comfortable with Flamini and Gilberto starting as our central midfield partnership. Gilberto just does his job, but he is never going to drive the team forward and Flamini is too young and ineperienced to take on that sort of responsibility.

We are fortunate in the respect that we will be playing Everton who seem to be in a massive mess.

A

Anonymous

thats why i think Carrick would be a good deal...not as Vieira's replacement but as a squad addition

A

Anonymous

the argentinian guy we r linked seems positive soon
i hope flamini will be allowed to play with us even tho it was a bit slack of him to leave like that but hes allowed to do wahtever he wants

pv4

Yeah but Stim, I don't feel that Lauren should be playing CM, he's a quality right back, where as Hoyte's still fairly unexperienced + we'll proberly be playing cygan or senderos with Toure and therefore will need an experienced guy at the back, which I feel Ralph is. and I don't think he's played CM since quiting Cameroon. I agree with Lewdikris, either Cesc or Bobby maybe even DB10?

KingReyes

Established Member
calvinngai88 said:
RVP would be more into the central role, he doesn't have enough pace to get the ball going in the flanks.

So what you're saying is that he was played him in the wrong position? Thats where he used to play for Feyenoord. What gives you the impression he can't play on the flanks? How many games have you seen him play in?

calvinngai88

RVP does play on the flank, but he usually cuts in, just like Pires. Maybe I didn't use proper words to describe. Sorry about that.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You dont need pace to be a winger.

Pires isnt the fastest player in the world yet he's probarly the best winger in the league.

Beckham isnt that fast either.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
With that being said i agree that V.Persie would be a more of a central player for us - he has said that his preferred position is just behind the strikers - so thats not on the wing.

But he'll play wherever Arsène tells him to play.

Latest posts

Top Bottom