• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wot no midfield!

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 29
  • Views 939

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Beckham? One who only knows how to whip in crosses and score some "spectacular" freekicks.

Thats basically what a winger is supposed to do innit ?

V.Nistelrooy would never have scored all those goals if it werent for beckhams crossing.

You may not like the guy but there's no denying that when he's on form then he's a really good player.

If i were a striker i definately wouldnt mind having his crosses to head in week in week out !

Arnie

KingReyes said:
calvinngai88 said:
RVP would be more into the central role, he doesn't have enough pace to get the ball going in the flanks.

So what you're saying is that he was played him in the wrong position? Thats where he used to play for Feyenoord. What gives you the impression he can't play on the flanks? How many games have you seen him play in?

calm down :wink:

it is a well known factthat van persie likes to play central instead of left wing! He said so in an interview last week. But he just wants to play football and althoughj that is his preferred position he will play anywhere he is asked

KingReyes

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
With that being said i agree that V.Persie would be a more of a central player for us - he has said that his preferred position is just behind the strikers - so thats not on the wing.

But he'll play wherever Arsène tells him to play.

There is a difference in being a central midfielder or playing behind the strikers. You're expected to do more tacking when you're a central midfielder and RVP nor Pires is that type of player thats why I feel they are better on the flank and are more offensive minded too.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There is a difference in being a central midfielder or playing behind the strikers. You're expected to do more tacking when you're a central midfielder and RVP nor Pires is that type of player thats why I feel they are better on the flank and are more offensive minded too.

Wo i wasnt saying he should play in central midfield. Wenger would never do that - as you said he likes to have big strong defensive minded tacklers - and ofcouse v.persie is not that sort of player.

I meant he'd play behind Henry or Reyes as the second striker if one of them gets injured/suspended.

I reckon he will be the 1st choice backup for henry and reyes next season - aswell as first choice backup for pires - so we will get to see him play in several different positions.

KingReyes

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2004 said:

Wo i wasnt saying he should play in central midfield. Wenger would never do that - as you said he likes to have big strong defensive minded tacklers - and ofcouse v.persie is not that sort of player.

I meant he'd play behind Henry or Reyes as the second striker if one of them gets injured/suspended.

I reckon he will be the 1st choice backup for henry and reyes next season - aswell as first choice backup for pires - so we will get to see him play in several different positions.

I see, because i thought you meant Central midfielder since the topic is about the midfield.

TB*Gooner*

I'm quite sure we'll have a new player wheter PV leaves or not. If Trabelsi comes Lauren could play CM. If Carrick or someone else comes thats fine to. Just need to get one more player...

We cant play Cesc in the first game ffs.

If we don't get one in we might have to play the diamond :wink:

KingReyes

Established Member
Arnie said:
KingReyes said:
calvinngai88 said:
RVP would be more into the central role, he doesn't have enough pace to get the ball going in the flanks.

So what you're saying is that he was played him in the wrong position? Thats where he used to play for Feyenoord. What gives you the impression he can't play on the flanks? How many games have you seen him play in?

calm down :wink:

it is a well known factthat van persie likes to play central instead of left wing! He said so in an interview last week. But he just wants to play football and althoughj that is his preferred position he will play anywhere he is asked

I think RVP meant central forward role in the interview not central midfield. I don't think he'll enjoy it if Wenger tells him to go do Vieira's job.

Denish

Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
You dont need pace to be a winger.

Pires isnt the fastest player in the world yet he's probarly the best winger in the league.

Beckham isnt that fast either.

Beckham isn't really a winger though, he's a wide midfielder, which is a bit different. A modern winger is one of those players that crosses AND makes runs into the box, scoring quite a few goals himself, rather than just creating.

Pires ain't no slouch either! He's got some burners when he wants to use em.

Top Bottom