• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would a further loss be more positive than negative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Dula

Established Member
I think the only thing that would truly bring it home to Wenger is if the fans voted with their feet and we started not filling up the Emirates - ofcourse I dont want that to happen - just saying.

That would get the financial bods in the board backs up and it would hurt Wengers true pride - not having a successful team, but rather an entertaining one people are willing to watch.

Zico

Established Member
Wenger once said of Ferguson: "everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home." I wonder if his observation applies to him.

Biggus

Established Member
quincy42 said:
But Biggus, I thought we lost all these big games because of our injuries and bad luck; not because of some inherent fault in the team.

Don't forget the pitch, the ref, Chel$ki refused to play "proper football"

Oh and we lacked sharpness.

Galahad

No, a loss wouldnt be positive. If Wenger seriously needs more proof that this team isnt quite there then there will never be. The last 2 games are for the fans and I want them to be positive. I want them to be 2 convincing wins.

Galahad

No, this is just what Id like to see. I have my doubts already and nothing will change come the next 2 games. We know why wev lost if we lose 1 or 2 and we are happy if we win..at least I am.

Biggus

Established Member
I am too, but as I've said, for me- being hammered by Chel$ki wasn't unexpected and changes nothing, and if we beat ManU it'll change nothing either, the problem remains the same- Wenger.

air

Whatever happens, things are just not going to change that much with us. For good or for bad, we will be seeing most of these players next season. Any loss is not going to make Wenger throw out his principles in the trash.

Biggus

Established Member
Well it worked yesterday Don, stick on Bendy at 60 minutes and hope he'll get on the end of something- genius.

Anzac

Established Member
I'm betting that even if we lose both the remaining games that AW will come out & say that this season has been animprovement on last season - h*ll he's already saying so because we've secured 4th AND made the FA Cup & CL S/Fs, which we didn't do last season = 1 step closer to dominating & winning everything.

WE
ARE...............
THE TORTOISE!!!!!!!

Webdesignlab

Established Member
It's really sad that fans here are asking for a loss to further prove to Wenger that he needs to change/go.

It shows how futile we feel. How we do not have trust of the man.

He needs to make a huge statement of intent very soon. Or leave.

As for the game .. we will lose of course. It is all that a team like this is capable of.

The worst thing is that .. we may say that these games do not matter as we are finished anyway and have secured 4th (wow), but we were the best of the mid upper table teams until a few weeks ago. We are going to find that Everton, Villa and X will come at us next year knowing we are weak and that if the wait until the last stages of the season we WILL collapse. Villa got that wrong. They gave up when we went 6 points up ... they should have kept going ... we may well have caved in ourselves ... look at the evidence.

Every team will see us as a potential 3 points next season f we stay like this.

abz_14

Webdesignlab said:
It's really sad that fans here are asking for a loss to further prove to Wenger that he needs to change/go.

It shows how futile we feel. How we do not have trust of the man.

He needs to make a huge statement of intent very soon. Or leave.

As for the game .. we will lose of course. It is all that a team like this is capable of.

The worst thing is that .. we may say that these games do not matter as we are finished anyway and have secured 4th (wow), but we were the best of the mid upper table teams until a few weeks ago. We are going to find that Everton, Villa and X will come at us next year knowing we are weak and that if the wait until the last stages of the season we WILL collapse. Villa got that wrong. They gave up when we went 6 points up ... they should have kept going ... we may well have caved in ourselves ... look at the evidence.

Every team will see us as a potential 3 points next season f we stay like this.

To me the fans have every right not to trust Wenger at the current moment. Yes the guy has done brilliant for Arsenal Football Club, but recently he has made, shall we say, interesting choices concerning our fight to win a trophy. The best one to bring up would be the omission of Arshavin in the FA Cup semi final. If it is so obvious to the fans, pundits, media, heck even some of his own players, why is it not obvious to him??

A huge statement from Wenger, for me, would require him to come out and admit his mistakes as soon as possible and rectify them as soon as the transfer window opens. A signing straight away would quell some fans' doubts of the mans ability in taking us forward.

Regarding the thread title, I really dont think we have an inkling of a chance to win the Manchester Utd game. It will be more to Fergies liking that they beat us to reclaim their title, it will be a fitting ending to, kind of rubbing it in our faces.

To me, both the remaining games do not matter to me, what matters is that Wenger plays a team that has players in their rightful position, and the players actually giving a c*** about Arsenal, players fighting to get the ball and praying for each other rather than for themselves. Its a lot to ask for but we as fans deserve this much atleast!

Anzac

Established Member
SAF will play Tevez & Tevez will torment us & show more heart than most of our lot.............and SAF still won't sign him, and neither will AW.

Feanor

Established Member
Wenger has completely lost the plot. These games are meaningless, win, lose, doesn't matter. The team has already shown the world what they are. As I said before, I'll watch the games because I love Arsenal but the season ended in the FA cup semifinal, the dream of Wenger building a persistent winner by molding a bunch of kids is over and dead. Is he going to realize he needs to re-think his project? If it doesn't know by now, he never will. I'm dead inside.

A

Anonymous

I'm not sure, there are pros and cons regarding the big picture whether a further loss will be a net positive or negative. On a purely emotional basid I want Arsenal to win every game... But maybe a further loss will waken Arsène up to what needs to be done, but then again Wenger's notorious stubborness suggests even a 6-0 hammering at the hands of United wont shake his approach...so in that case, could as well win then.

progman07

Established Member
Jani the gooner said:
I'm not sure, there are pros and cons regarding the big picture whether a further loss will be a net positive or negative. On a purely emotional basid I want Arsenal to win every game... But maybe a further loss will waken Arsène up to what needs to be done, but then again Wenger's notorious stubborness suggests even a 6-0 hammering at the hands of United wont shake his approach...so in that case, could as well win then.
Exactly. The future will tell anyways. Maybe Wenger wouldn't even admit he has to change after the 6-0 loss, or maybe he has learned his lesson and would change after a win anyways.

Wenger is so unpredictable. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom