• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would Anyone be happy with Lehman for another year?

JoseReyes29

asajoseph said:
If Cudicini, Given and Hildebrand are no better than Lehmann in your eyes, then they definitely need testing. .

If you think that they are any better then lehman then YOU definitely need your eyes testing...

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
As an arsenal supporter you are analysis Lehman every weekend. I am 100% u don't put the same focus on Given or Niemi or Toldo. Talk to a Gordie fan and ask him the number of games Given's costed them this year or an Inter fan on Toldo. Very few fans with the same mentality as most of our fans here will give u a number that is way less than what u gave Lehman. You will have to temporarily detach urself from Arsenal to give a fair assesment. And if you do that, you will realize Lehman has been pretty solid.

Spike

Established Member
No I wouldn't be happy with Lehmann for another year.

You may say he has had good games recently, but look over the past two years and where he has costed us points due to silly mistakes. I can come up with many occasions where he has made mistakes which have caused us to lose games or drop points. I really doubt he'll remain consistent, and I bet if he made a mistake in the next game, everyone will want him out.

All this talk about no quality goal keepers available is unnaceptable. Are you lot seriously saying there are NO quality keepers better than Lehmann available and within our budget?

This season has been poor, and I point the blame to the back five which just aren't good enough. Throughout this season, our performances have illustrated the need to srengthen the back 5 (goalie and defence). And if we don't sign an established keeper in the summer, I will be deeply disappointed.

The reason being is that if we are to establish ourself as a quality side, we need to have quality players. We won't be established as a quality European side if we have mediocre players (no I'm not saying our squad is mediocre, but we do have several poor players if you compare them to top players in the same position around the World) in our team so I believe we must buy a new keeper as I believe it is essential for us and deeply essential if we are to win the Champions League someday.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Spike said:
so I believe we must buy a new keeper as I believe it is essential for us and deeply essential if we are to win the Champions League someday.

Porto won it last year with Baia in goal and a lineup of players with less status compared to Arsenal.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
**** no. baia? reflexes of a brick wall and ageing legs?? again is say **** no!! we need someone who isnt old and losing it. we need a keeper in his mid to late 20s who will man the posts for the next 10 years. thats what we need. not baia

Aussie

Established Member
A new keeper is required.

Not just cause Jens isnt good enough for Arsenal but really the back four need somone else behind them next season. Their is no organisation and you get the feeling that they dont have much condifence in each other.

Canuck

Established Member
The defence will have to be rebuilt mentally and physically in the off season. This season damn well should have been traumatic for 'em. :wink:

Aussie

Established Member
Canuck said:
The defence will have to be rebuilt mentally and physically in the off season. This season damn well should have been traumatic for 'em. :wink:

Agreed. Im sure they need therapy or something :lol:

Kolo needs a few sessions after his performance's of late :lol:

ninhoo1

no.never.we should not gamble on lehman for another year.He will make mistakes from time to time.This is just the bloody fact happening .Our defender have no confidence on him any more.so is the boss.A good goalkeeper is extremely important .look chelsea,I don't think they can go so far without peter.I think lehman will be shown the door .Le boss will find the solution.We may see stulart will be given some action since Alumnia will definitely go.When le boss praise some player who don't deserve,i always tend to think he will go. :p

Top Bottom