• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would Arsenal be better off in Spanish League?

qs

Established Member
Re: Would Arsenal be better of in Spanish League?

Nah it'd be a nightmare getting to away games

Alfonso

Established Member

No, we are an English team, so we play in an English league. End of.

alboots101

Established Member

In a super league might be a better question.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

What kind of 'question' is that?

For something so absurd you should at least provide some kind of reasoning.

I'm assuming it has something to do with, in fact, I'm not going to assume anything since that would require some effort on my part where you put in none.

Anyway, the answer, no matter any qualifications to the question, is unequivocally, undeniably, and emphatically "no".

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

I think what HollandGooner is actually asking is "would Arsenal's style of play be more suited to playing in La Liga?"

in that respect, the answer would probably be yes..

Stevo the Villan

Established Member

I agree with USArsenal. I think HG was getting at the style of play. Don't think he deserved that reaction!

My answer would be no. I think what makes Arsenal stand out in England is their ability to play a relatively continental style of football effectively in the English league. I think if they moved to a league where the style of play was more similar it owuld be harder to excel.

Obviously Arsenal have good enough players and manager to adjust to that but I think it owuldn't be as easy.

But it's completely hypothetical so I'm probably completely wrong, but we'll never know!

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Tough. That's not what the 'question' says.

Either way it's still an absurd exercise in thought and a continuation of this La Liga infatuation.

Makes me miss the GG days.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

USArsenal said:
I think what HollandGooner is actually asking is "would Arsenal's style of play be more suited to playing in La Liga?"

in that respect, the answer would probably be yes..

I think the headline is confusing people, but doenst mather fokes, but you are right US.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

Cant imagine many Spanish teams going for the ankles. So yea, our style would be better there. But we shouldnt have to have this kind of discussion, which is sad really.

Double_H

Established Member

i totally agree with stevo on this
we usually struggle against Spanish teams anyways

ibby

Established Member

I thought so too but then I remembered our performances against Valencia and Deportivo, albeit with a totally different team.

fabo

6.51 / 10

Depor and Valencia were capable of passing English teams to death back then.

Times have changed.

We'd batter most of La Liga now I think.

ibby

Established Member

Valeron that day was sensational.

True Gooner

Established Member

ibby said:
I thought so too but then I remembered our performances against Valencia and Deportivo, albeit with a totally different team.

That was ages ago.

Anyway, I agree with Stevo just because we pass the ball around doesn't make us a Spanish team and our present style of play is more than capable of achieving success here. Once we sign a proper goalkeeper...

Double_H

Established Member

i think we are really close to dominating this league to be honest we need that extra somthing and stay Injury free

Biggus

Established Member

This is about us and therefore should be in Arsenal talk.

True Gooner said:
Anyway, I agree with Stevo just because we pass the ball around doesn't make us a Spanish team and our present style of play is more than capable of achieving success here. Once we sign a proper goalkeeper...
Err can you give us an example of this "success" :?

Latest posts

Top Bottom