• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

would arsenal need rooney

Gurgen

Established Member
Rooney has unbelievable opportunism. Plus he doesn't think ( I don't think he can), which is a great asset in football. He just has pig-headed confidence, that's what makes his special.

jay-d

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Rooney has unbelievable opportunism. Plus he doesn't think ( I don't think he can), which is a great asset in football. He just has pig-headed confidence, that's what makes his special.
Very true, he's just so off the cuff which makes him such a danger as he says every game is like a kick about with mates. Personally i think he's a class act

Canuck

Established Member
Gurgen said:

Good point, I believe that Rooney and creative maybe shouldn't appear together as much as they do. The times that he is creative it's mostly for himself. He's just not a team player, and Arsenal are a "TEAM"

JazzG

Established Member
Sol said:
Rooney is not over rated, he is one hell of a player. And he is only 18, amazing when you think about it.

Whenever he has played agianst us and has got the ball our defence has s**t themselves. And you can tell every time AW talks about him how much he rates him.

Yes he is over-rated and his record shows that, the main reason is because he is English. 77 games, 17 goals, 19 yellow cards is pretty average to be nice and he is being compared to Pele? Was poor for Everton most of last season as well but one good tournament for England and suddenly is world class! If Fabregas was English he would of been called the best thing since sliced bread by now!

For £28mill or whatever he is gonna go for you can buy 2 quality young players who will be more effective than 1 Rooney. He is a player with a lot of potential no doubt about it but he is not as good as the hype around him and not worth what Everton think he is worth IMO.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I think Rooney's a great player. Do WE need him? I don't think so. We're rotating our forwards as it is and van Persie has yet to display his vaunted talent.

KingReyes

Established Member
JazzG said:
Sol said:
Rooney is not over rated, he is one hell of a player. And he is only 18, amazing when you think about it.

Whenever he has played agianst us and has got the ball our defence has s**t themselves. And you can tell every time AW talks about him how much he rates him.

Yes he is over-rated and his record shows that, the main reason is because he is English. 77 games, 17 goals, 19 yellow cards is pretty average to be nice and he is being compared to Pele? Was poor for Everton most of last season as well but one good tournament for England and suddenly is world class!

For £28mill or whatever he is gonna go for you can buy 2 quality young players who will be more effective than 1 Rooney. He is a player with a lot of potential no doubt about it but he is not as good as the hype around him and not worth what Everton think he is worth IMO.

I think we will have to wait and see if he really is over rated or not. I am really shocked to see he has picked up that many yellow cards.

Rooney has had two full season in the first team and hasn't played regularly. David Moyes bringing him in slowly is one of the reasons for his lack of goals. You mentioned he's played 77 games but I doubt all of them are as a starter. Also we must also consider he is playing in a weak Everton team, whereas when he plays with quality players in the England squad he seems to impress alot. Whether this is co-incidence or not who knows but to see if Rooney actually is a quality player it would be better to judge him with players like Ronaldo,RVN,Giggs,Scholes,Keane under Fergie etc.. or playing alongside Arsenal's players under Wenger. Rather than playing with Li Tie, Kilbane or Carsley.

This doesn't mean i think he's going to be the dogs nuts or the next Pele, only someone stupid like Sven would say something like that. I think he has the potential to be a good player, whether he can prove that he's bigger than than just 'good' we'll have to wait and see.

If Fabregas was English he would of been called the best thing since sliced bread by now!

Agree 100%

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
JazzG said:
Sol said:

Yes he is over-rated and his record shows that, the main reason is because he is English. 77 games, 17 goals, 19 yellow cards is pretty average to be nice and he is being compared to Pele? Was poor for Everton most of last season as well but one good tournament for England and suddenly is world class! If Fabregas was English he would of been called the best thing since sliced bread by now!

I agree with you there completely mate.

jeromelee

*Loyan* said:
JazzG said:
Sol said:

I agree with you there completely mate.

I agree too. And its true that the English media always hypes up local players and claim them to be world champions. In all honestly, there are some pretty decent English players out there, but to claim them to be world class, they'd need to stand up against the peers from other countries. And from what I've witnessed (for example in Euro 04), I don't think English players can rank themselves so highly as yet.

kanuuu

Established Member
We dont need him but him and the horse upfront will be lethal, dont know if it would match Henry and Reyes though.

Jinn

Established Member
Good strikeforce - Smith, Saha, van Nisetlrooy and Rooney.

They have all been starters for Premiership clubs and are all proven goalscorers (except Rooney).

Compare that to - Henry, Bergkamp, Reyes, van Persie, Aliadiere

They've got a lot of depth.

tbbosa

Guns and Arses said:
He's not great and we definitely do not need him. Bentley will be better than him.

I think Bentley will do so well too. As for Rooney is just a good player albeit a very confident finisher, he is in the mould of Fossel IMHO.
But thanks to the English press he is the next Pele, The best he can do is emulate Owen, but he won't have as much effect on the Mancs as Van horseface the diver has had. Therefore paying 27Mil for such a player is bad business (but again when has the Mancs ever done any sensible business).
The Jury is out on Rooney!!

Maybe he would get better than Gazza~

Yet ManU wont get much help from him in recent seasons.

Their 4 strikers still lack enough support from the mid-field.

ManU bought him just to inspire themselves

A

Anonymous

KoLo28 said:
player said:
Scottish Lass said:
tox said:
What language is that may i ask?

scottish, why?
Cause your always spouting crap you lesbian tramp now shut up and go away.

here, here. take a disprin and have a lay down little boy.

ty kolo, player who the fk are u to call her a lesbian tramp and that she "spouts" crap, u dont even kno her so grow up.

jenny

Gooner83

Rooney is nothing special, hes blown up by the English media just like Gazza and Beckham.

Reyes is a better player.... and for the girls he doesn't look like Shrek... haha.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gooner83 said:
Rooney is nothing special, hes blown up by the English media just like Gazza and Beckham.

Reyes is a better player.... and for the girls he doesn't look like Shrek... haha.
Yeah. He looks like Tristan.

Top Bottom