• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

would arsenal need rooney

jeromelee

I'd really much prefer Reyes than Rooney. Rooney's strong and fast but other than that I don't think he's that great. To rank him with the likes of Henry, Trezeguet, Raul, Morientes, Van Diverboi, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho etc etc you'll notice that he doesn't fall into their league. He's good, but rating him at 30m is a little high. I think he's should cost between 18-20m at most. And that's only because he's english.

Canuck

Established Member
So here is another article about Loony Roon and he sounds like a great guy... :roll:

Manchester United new boy Wayne Rooney has insisted he does not need the advice of his new team-mates on how to behave. Rooney is adamant he does not need a lecture about the standards expected of him.

'As a professional I know myself,' he said. 'No-one has to tell me how to behave on or off the pitch. I know myself, so there is not much more they can tell me.

'I know the spotlight is going to be on me a bit more because I have signed for the biggest club in the world.

'That will bring more pressure but I am big enough and strong enough to handle it.'

And he's modest too. ;D Now would you want this prick on our team? HELL NO~!

lomekian

Essays are my thing
1) Whoever the muppet eho called Scots lass a lesbian tramp is only indanger of making her list of addolescent admirers on this forum increase.......

2) Whoever does rooney down is quite clearly not being entirely serious. I don't dispute that its a lot of cash and we probably don't really need him, but you find me a better 18 year old in Europe and I'll be impressed. Yes Cesc is quality, but rooney was one of the most dominant players in the early stages of Euro 2004. We can big up bentley, reyes etc (and rightly so), but rooney is automatic first choice for one of the stronger football nations at the age of 18 and frankly looks better than most of the rest of them. If he was through our youth system, half of us would be wristing ourselves blind in excitement and there's no point in pretending otherwise.

Worth £25m? ....Not to us - maybe to Man Utd. Of course the problem is I know have to hope that he goes the same way as gazza but sooner, to the detrement of the national side.

PS...good call with the whole donkey/shrek scenario......does that make Luis Saha the gingerbread man?

Top Bottom